The John Kellerman Book

plantman

Sith Lord
Ron said:
Grant is a very decent guy. Helping all you guys out

I agree, a very nice guy who has put his time aside to help others, maybe we should chip together and get him a surprise gift for saving us all the time and money?

Grant

Sith Lord
plantman said:
Ron said:
Grant is a very decent guy. Helping all you guys out

I agree, a very nice guy who has put his time aside to help others, maybe we should chip together and get him a surprise gift for saving us all the time and money?

Hello,

Dont be silly, I dont want fek all for organising a few books for the lads. Im just doing my bit.

Cheers.

Grant.

Grant

Sith Lord
Hello,

Plantman, Dennis and Peter im sorry but there are no more copies left of the book, I asked the guy in the shop and he said that these were the last 3 copies of the Kellerman book his retailer had in stock.

Lafos, Burnsy and Paul please email me with addresses and I will get these shipped out to you next week.
They were £30 each. I will get the cash from you all when you receive the books and by then I will know how much the postage was on each book.

Please stipulate which mode of shipping you would like, trackable/non trackable.

Thank you.

Peter

Padawan
Many thanks for trying Grant.. Anyone else know of any copies going for a reasonable price??

A

Anonymous

Lafos said:
Grant, the book arrived today in mint condition. Once again thank you for your help.

Aye Grant is a really top guy for hunting these books down for us!

saber

Jedi Knight
decided to watch one on Ebay

It went for around £100 ............ too much for a book surely

gustie

Sith Lord
whats a normal price?

id love a oner for mine ha ha

open to suggestions tho - im broke as a joke lol

Peter

Padawan
Right i have given up hope of getting the Kellerman book at a reasonable price.. Everywhere you look its silly money :cry:

So i have this book already
510047Y8MAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Would it be worth me getting this one
0811822796.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Are they the same or similar??

JohnA

Padawan
Peter said:
Does anyone know why this book had such a limited run??

The secondary market price is ridiculous.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0972378006/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used WTF

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=OSSWVINTAGEFIGURESBYKELLERMAN

It just does not make sense. The author obviously worked very hard on this publication, so you would think they would flood the market with them so they could make more money and satisfy demand...

Surely they must have known the demand for this book would be massive. Why would they fuel the secondary market like this. Just rips off genuine collectors...

Do you realize that John self-published this book? I've heard of others that self-published and it cost something like $30,000 out of pocket. That's no small chunk of change. It took John something like 5 years to sell through his inventory. He even offered it for discounts through Amazon, Forbidden Planet, and others. He busted his ass for years trying to sell through but people just were not buying it fast enough and when all was said and done I think he just about broke even. Years of researching, writing, photographing, a HUGE expense out of pocket followed by 5 long years (and mind you John is 70 years old) and he made not a dime of profit. I understand you want a book but please know the facts before saying stuff about fueling secondary markets and ripping genuine collectors off. The book sellers are making more profit than John ever did.

John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom