The Last Jedi - **SPOILERS THREAD**

yoda

Sith Lord
I was going to give it another viewing before I made my decision. But after watching that review I don't think I'll watch it again until it's released on dvd.
It's almost like when I eat an avocado no matter how much I want to enjoy it, I just get nothing from it.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Rian Johnson has confirmed there will be approx. 20 mins of deleted scenes included on the home release.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-deleted-scenes-details/#rian-johnson

It was a long film but it's much easier to watch longer films at home, and im sure some fan editor will make an extended version. Some of the scenes sound intriguing, apparently Rey goes through a Jedi trial with Luke on the island - rumours that its an action sequence with some sort of sea monster.
20 mins more **** to get through :eek:
I'll be waiting for the reduced cut to be released

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Dorsetmark said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Rian Johnson has confirmed there will be approx. 20 mins of deleted scenes included on the home release.

http://collider.com/the-last-jedi-deleted-scenes-details/#rian-johnson

It was a long film but it's much easier to watch longer films at home, and im sure some fan editor will make an extended version. Some of the scenes sound intriguing, apparently Rey goes through a Jedi trial with Luke on the island - rumours that its an action sequence with some sort of sea monster.
20 mins more **** to get through :eek:
I'll be waiting for the reduced cut to be released

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
yoda said:
I was going to give it another viewing before I made my decision. But after watching that review I don't think I'll watch it again until it's released on dvd.

Do you make any decisions for yourself?

yoda

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
yoda said:

I try sometimes :) I'll be honest I didn't enjoy it on the first viewing. I don't know why that was, maybe I felt to much CGI or the whole story. I don't know what it was but i just found it ok. I really enjoyed TFA and R1 on the first viewing and i couldn't wait to watch them again but I just didn't have that same pull with TLJ. Then once I watched that review above and thinking more about it I just feel I it doesn't have that Star Wars magic that I felt from the previous 2 movies.
I see you enjoyed it yourself so that's good, maybe I should still go back and give it another go.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
yoda said:
jedisearcher said:
yoda said:

I try sometimes :) I'll be honest I didn't enjoy it on the first viewing. I don't know why that was maybe I felt to much CGI or the whole story. I don't know what it was but i just found it ok. I really enjoyed TFA and R1 on the first viewing and i couldn't wait to watch them again but I just didn't have that same pull with TLJ. Then once I watched that review above and thinking more about it I just feel I it doesn't have that Star Wars magic that I felt from the previous 2 movies.
I see you enjoyed it yourself so that's good, maybe I should still go back and give it another go.

Don't do it
That path leads to the dark side

yoda

Sith Lord
Dorsetmark said:
yoda said:
jedisearcher said:

I try sometimes :) I'll be honest I didn't enjoy it on the first viewing. I don't know why that was maybe I felt to much CGI or the whole story. I don't know what it was but i just found it ok. I really enjoyed TFA and R1 on the first viewing and i couldn't wait to watch them again but I just didn't have that same pull with TLJ. Then once I watched that review above and thinking more about it I just feel I it doesn't have that Star Wars magic that I felt from the previous 2 movies.

Don't do it
That path leads to the dark side

:lol: come with me ' you don't know the power of the dark side' :lol:

jimmyp

Padawan
Brilliant video that sums up everything wrong with the Movie and Hollywood perfectly :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNoMQSvNAWE&app=desktop

Only we can stop all this by refusing to go and see these **** movies anymore.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Do any of you guys think you would like the original trilogy if it was released now. Ignoring any obvious ageing?

Palifan

Sith Lord
jimmyp said:
Brilliant video that sums up everything wrong with the Movie and Hollywood perfectly :x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNoMQSvNAWE&app=desktop

Only we can stop all this by refusing to go and see these **** movies anymore.

This is the most annoying reviewer I've ever heard and needs to lighten up a bit, it's only a movie! The points are all fair enough but his review made me far angrier than all of the prequels combined lol. The end of the day it's what Disney wanted to do with this franchise and I still had a fairly good time with it even if there are probably numerous ways they could have gone that would have made for a better movie. No one's telling me anything I didn't already know but it is a film set in space and on strange other worlds so I'm not taking it too seriously any more (maybe it helps to have kids to enjoy watching it through their eyes).

Now we've got Solo to look forward to and to see what JJ can do to wrap this all up, oh and then there's the TV series. I still think in the end there will be more new fans of this than the old ones they'll lose along the way.

Ian

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Grant_C said:
Do any of you guys think you would like the original trilogy if it was released now. Ignoring any obvious ageing?

A lot of parallels can be drawn. We never got to know much about the emperor in the OT, ditto Fett, very similar to Snoke and Phantasm. No doubt we would rip holes in the OT if we saw them now, ignoring ageing, but I still feel there are less obvious plot holes in them than in TLJ.
Although a few of the plot holes/issues with TLJ do relate to the OT, i'm thinking of the suicide run at lightspeed in the cruiser. A couple of them in ANH would have saved a lot of time and suffering. Also the fact rebel ships can run out of petrol and that they are faster than Star Destroyers. Leia must have picked the Porkins of blockade runners in ANH.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I just think there would be a lot of complaints of snowspeeders that attack the front of walkers in the only place where they can get destroyed instead of doing attack runs from the back where they could have literally spent all day shooting cables at no threat.

The Falcon lands in an asteroid that turns out to be the belly of a slug. The heroes go walking around in essentially space in their normal clothes. Could go on and on.... Luke falls and just happens to land in a hole that's slides to the last aerial on Cloud City saving him from death......

I agree with a lot of complaints in this thread, but could imagine the 'fans' if they were introduced to Max Rebo Band, Ewoks or Jabba today?

And I don't get blaming Disney. Its like saying the success of Star Wars came from 20th Century Fox.

Rhian Johnson and Lucasfilm made TLJ. In every interview I have read or watched, no one has ever said that Disney had anything to do with the making of the film. I know that Bob Iger was shown dailies, but I have never seen or read that he or Disney requested any changes. This is also confirmed by people I have spoke to who worked on the film.

I'm not saying that Disney have influence on edits or cuts etc, I have just seen zero evidence of it and tons of evidence that rebuke that claim.

If you know that Disney are influencing the making of these film, be great to see the evidence. Id love to know.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
and where is the usual complaints about selling more action figures.....?

Perhaps because there is **** all in the way of new action figures from this film. There was probably more action figures in 30 seconds of any prequel that this entire film.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I love the OT, hands down my favourite films. From the prequels and sequels it is clear that they were so wonderful and groundbreaking that will never be bettered. I truly believe the original films are superior in every way to the newer ones, from action, to special effects, acting and story. Lucas and the subsequent directors on the OT produced something special and lasting.

One theory i don't agree with is that the excitement and awe we felt watching these films as children can't be recreated. As an adult, I had similar feelings whilst watching The Matrix and the LOTR trilogy to name but two, though I admit they are rare. Only Rogue One has come close to this, none of the new films have invoked any of these feelings and all have left me a little flat and underwhelmed. Why is this? Well for the simple reason TFA, TLJ are good films they just aren't great films and are nowhere near as good as the originals. This is not viewing the OT through rose tinted spectacles, this IMO is fact.

Thinking about it since I watched TLJ, what I want more than anything is what we saw and felt nearly 40 years ago at the cinema and probably the reason we all collect Star Wars figures today. I want to be transported back to that world and time within the Star Wars universe. Maybe this is the problem for me, the newly told stories just don't seem to sit right with that original world. I hope some day we can revisit it in films or TV with the backdrop of the Empire and the Rebellion. This is probably why Rogue One resonated so much with me and why I enjoyed those early PC games like Dark Forces and X-Wing Vs Tie Fighter.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
That video on the last page is rubbish I think the film is ok, but that guy hasn't even watched the film properly. The Jedi books are on the MF. I could take him apart on a one on one more than he has taken the film apart no problem.

Surely you can find a better video than that Weasel, your arguments have been more convincing!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Grant_C said:
I agree with a lot of complaints in this thread, but could imagine the 'fans' if they were introduced to Max Rebo Band, Ewoks or Jabba today?

Ehh some of us have NEVER EVER EVER liked the ****ing Ewoks!

theforceuk said:
That video on the last page is rubbish I think the film is ok, but that guy hasn't even watched the film properly. The Jedi books are on the MF. I could take him apart on a one on one more than he has taken the film apart no problem.

Surely you can find a better video than that Weasel, your arguments have been more convincing!

Ahh it made me laugh, as much at how wound up he got.

I've found plenty of ehhh "better" videos online :wink: but Edd doesn't let us post them on here for some reason :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
And I don't get blaming Disney. Its like saying the success of Star Wars came from 20th Century Fox.

Rhian Johnson and Lucasfilm made TLJ. In every interview I have read or watched, no one has ever said that Disney had anything to do with the making of the film. I know that Bob Iger was shown dailies, but I have never seen or read that he or Disney requested any changes. This is also confirmed by people I have spoke to who worked on the film.

I'm not saying that Disney have influence on edits or cuts etc, I have just seen zero evidence of it and tons of evidence that rebuke that claim.

If you know that Disney are influencing the making of these film, be great to see the evidence. Id love to know.[/quote]

It's some good points about Disney and it certainly does seem like Rhian Johnson made his version of the film with having the story credit as well as director, but I'm pretty sure if there was anything that Disney didn't really like about it they would have taken it out. They must have signed off on this version and looking at the box-office takings to date they were right to leave it alone. This may well be exactly what they were looking for and they must love Rhian to give him 3 more movies to make before this was even released.

It's the way Star Wars will go but I did enjoy it so it'll be interesting to see where this goes next. From what I've heard from someone at ILM it's the Solo movie that they're all behind.

Ian

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I think you could be right, but the only thing I have heard is that the scripts are shown to Disney to green light. I'm not sure if they request changes (ie add Porgs etc).

The script for TLJ was handed in when TFA premiered. Its not like they were watching redneck snoke theories on youtube for 2 years.

In an interview with Gareth Edwards, he stated that Disney said it would be a good idea if all the heroes died as they were never in the OT. So there is some input into the creative process, but I have not seen the evidence in which analyse it.

Disney own Miramax as well. Do they influence scenes in Pulp Fiction?........but they don't sell Bad mother ****a wallets at the Disney store, so io concede that point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom