The Rancor that never was

lejackal

Grand Master
B81A102D-5C8C-4749-B530-C9CA9DE85217.jpeg

So, here we are and ghostly whispers (see what I did there) of a new SW Haslab project being just around the corner are everywhere. Well, somewhere.

Anyway, it got me thinking about the Rancor that came to h so close but just fell short. I don't think I was convinced at the time about the value, the tier bonuses or even the need for what, a fourth, or fifth Rancor?

Looking back now and I think a few small tweaks would've seen this comfortably over the line.

Point one - let's not mess about, the price was just nuts. I mean now by comparison loo roll is 300 quid but at the back end of 2021 to ask for £330 for this, initially without Malakili was madness - it was £250 tops, and at that it would've been backed. maybe even £299, although at that it might have needed the bones and Malikili included from the off.

Point two - how could the keeper not have been a day one must have, either with each one or at least as a super achievable tier one reward - 250 for the Rancor @ 9k and get the keeper as well at 11k?

Points 3 plus are probably just more moaning.
Basically Hasbro you should know your audience better. And maybe show a nice box that doubles as a play/display arena.

Overall I'd say I'm a bit sad this one never made it, but what are your thoughts on the one that got away?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Daughter has a Rancor focus so we signed up straight away but as it got closer and final pictures were released I was secretly pleased when it fell short - just was not worth the asking price.

Hasbro definitely dropped the ball with this one, too expensive, poorly promoted and end product a bit rubbish

UKS

Jedi Knight
People seem to be buying these big pieces for the extras. Mattel have started with WWE stuff - And when they had good wrestlers the numbers flew.. and when the figures were a bit lame - They stagnated.

Wasn't the rancor only going to have Luke? If it had reins and a Boba Fett, perhaps a pull apart guard and maybe the two keepers - then it would have sold.

Clone Collector

Padawan
It was dead in the water pretty much as soon as the price was released.

Not enough quality on the tier additions and pretty shoddy press photos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom