Today on Facebook...

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Seen it all now...

Just been on one of the modern sales groups (as I need a couple of Tri logo POTF2 red cards) and there were POTF 2 Tri-logo figures... £105 for 6! Seriously? The same guy has quite a few other overpriced figures as well... Seems it's not only vintage where the prices are crazy on FB :(

MarkG

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
Seen it all now...

Just been on one of the modern sales groups (as I need a couple of Tri logo POTF2 red cards) and there were POTF 2 Tri-logo figures... £105 for 6! Seriously? The same guy has quite a few other overpriced figures as well... Seems it's not only vintage where the prices are crazy on FB :(

One guy earlier listed a vintage Yak for £60 !! Yes,, £60... of course it was snapped up straight away (although a more amicable deal was apparently later done), but many other people telling him that it's way too cheap.. to me... if the guy wanted to shift it at that price that's his perogative, where as people that over price stuff nothing can be said as the 'overlords that be admin' dont like price bashing...

subzero

Sith Lord
Dannywhiteley said:
The only reason anyone cries 'too cheap' is cos they are jealous they missed it themselves, no other reason.

Haha that's true, they'd rather see the buyer get stung and lose out on the deal just to make the fact of them missing out on it not matter as much.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Dannywhiteley said:
The only reason anyone cries 'too cheap' is cos they are jealous they missed it themselves, no other reason.

And they also say "great deal!" on over-priced stuff because they over-paid themselves.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Best thing I've seen for ages, graded McDonalds sauces :lol:

0AA5C3C9-C48C-44B3-9BC6-FFE76C4D457D.jpeg

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Best thing I've seen for ages, graded McDonalds sauces :lol:

0AA5C3C9-C48C-44B3-9BC6-FFE76C4D457D.jpeg
I thought that I had seen everything! :shock:
Then again it is posted on the "high rollers collectors group"!
Pure madness!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Seen it all now...

I have some mate. Send a list over and I'll tell you what I have

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Grant_C said:
Cazza said:
Seen it all now...

I have some mate. Send a list over and I'll tell you what I have

Nice one Grant- pm coming...

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Just seen some guys selling an empty brown shipping box on Facebook. I don't get it, but each to their own. It was on £20 and some nutcase just went straight to £50?! I don't understand the mentality. And 50 quid (or no doubt more) for an empty brown box!! :eek: :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I a memeber of a HE-MAN group on Facebook and it's the same story. A mint HE-MAN sold for $75 ther other day, complete, but still. Also their is numpties opening MOC figures because they want the figure mint.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
A perfect example of why some of us don't buy into grading and all the variables that come with it.

20190525_133400.jpg

Screenshot_20190525-100037_Facebook.jpg

I don't want to start the whole debate again, but when a figure like this was graded quite a while ago (how old are those labels?) using an inconsistent, subjective scale which isn't published, it's inevitable this is going to happen. It's certainly not Vectis' fault. You'd at least ask for pictures.

Lindo

Sith Lord
Why would the bubble not be an 80? Because it has a small indent to one side, that's all I can see what's wrong with it

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I too saw this on FB yesterday.
I don't see a lot wrong with the bubble, and as already mentioned, it's not Vectis fault!
If he doesn't want it , I'll happily take it off his hands! :wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lindo said:
Why would the bubble not be an 80? Because it has a small indent to one side, that's all I can see what's wrong with it

Yeap, as someone who has owned hundreds of graded MOC's that bubble looks a solid enough 80 to me. From what I can see in those pictures.
OBVIOUSLY Vectis should have re-graded it themselves, cos they are perfectly qualified to do that, and told him that on his special scale it was probably only a 70. :roll:
Really poor on Vectis' part, he must be due a full refund and to get to keep the item! :roll:

Top Bottom