• I hate the Nien Nunb action figure, it should never have been made

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nien Nunb:

Nien.jpg

I think the figure are okay but nothing special, I did not have it when I was a kid in the 80s. Maybe I would have loved it more if I have had it in the 80s :unsure:

Not one of my favourites but it must be difficult to try and create different figures, ha ha.

Perhaps we should have a competition on here to see who can come up with a new character?

I had this as a kid and i loved any of the alien figures! I have this loose and carded, will post some pics later👍

/edit

Here he is, not my best moc. A little shabby round the card edges...

Attachments

• 20240902_195628.jpg
    20240902_195628.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It's an ok figure. Was always fun to get a new one as a kid, especially when it was a mail away offer and you'd come home from school to find that little white box waiting for you!

This figure is particularly striking on a Tri-Logo card in my opinion, the red really does "pop" against the yellow, a tough one to find too.

@welshwookie, this one took me a very long time to find, if I see one I'll let you know.
Good luck in your search.

Thanks 👍
If you got to have one, make sure it's a good one.
Yours looks excellent, congratulations!

I had this as a kid and i loved any of the alien figures! I have this loose and carded, will post some pics later👍

/edit

Here he is, not my best moc. A little shabby round the card edges...
Shabby or not, at least you've got one, which is more than I can say :). And It's a whole lot better than not having a MOC of him, so well done and thanks for sharing.

Jeremy

This figure is particularly striking on a Tri-Logo card in my opinion, the red really does "pop" against the yellow, a tough one to find too.

@welshwookie, this one took me a very long time to find, if I see one I'll let you know.
Good luck in your search.
I agree it looks lovely on a Tri-Logo. You're absolutely right about the red on yellow, and with a lovely example like yours it looks even better! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Jeremy

Oddly something about the Nunb I really like, not quite sure why, but he has a lot of variations in my collecting focus & I have very much been actively trying to put all known variations together for him in terms of baggies & mailers or which there are a plethora, I'm (I think) now only missing a few of the tougher to find piece to see a run completed, I really should get a carded example to compliment them.

Here's a pic of the mailer run to date

IMGP0227.JPG

Oddly something about the Nunb I really like, not quite sure why, but he has a lot of variations in my collecting focus & I have very much been actively trying to put all known variations together for him in terms of baggies & mailers or which there are a plethora, I'm (I think) now only missing a few of the tougher to find piece to see a run completed, I really should get a carded example to compliment them.

Here's a pic of the mailer run to date

View attachment 191759
That's very impressive! Thanks for sharing this excellent collection!

Jeremy :)

I remember sending off all the name plates for him as a mailer, and waiting for the white box to be delivered and the first thing you did was sniff the figure when released :D but none smelt like the imperial tie fighter pilot freshly opened but we know that story. Loved getting the mail-aways dengar , emperor and survival kits also as a kid .

Errm, am I the only one that DOESN'T know the story about the tie fighter pilot? Or any variant stuff for that matter.
I just used to collect Star Wars figures and spaceships etc from car boots and markets in the 80's and 90's. Didn't know anything about variants, weapons, things to look out for etc (and still don't). Just had an old tatty cardback (think it was a 79 back but no idea of the figure, long gone) to know which ones I still needed.
Sigh, simpler times, ha ha.

Errm, am I the only one that DOESN'T know the story about the tie fighter pilot? Or any variant stuff for that matter.
I just used to collect Star Wars figures and spaceships etc from car boots and markets in the 80's and 90's. Didn't know anything about variants, weapons, things to look out for etc (and still don't). Just had an old tatty cardback (think it was a 79 back but no idea of the figure, long gone) to know which ones I still needed.
Sigh, simpler times, ha ha.
I'm happy to be corrected if there is a specific story relating to the TIE Fighter Pilot that I don't know about, but in general the smell of a freshly opened vintage Star Wars figure back in the 70's and 80's is something those of us old enough to have done it will never forget :). Just the memory of that fresh plastic smell sends me crashing back through time to being a little boy once again!

Jeremy

I really like the Nien Nunb figure. Great alien design captured well in the action figure. It was one of the last carded figures I got back in the mid 80s. I'd been after him for a while, I needed him to co-pilot my Falcon.

Back
Top Bottom