Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Han Solo:

Han Solo.jpg

Agreed, Lars. Small head is the best.
My profile photo is my trilogo MOC of big head Han.

I've got my childhood lose small head Han, which cost me 2p back in the day at a school fete, and a loose large head Han.
Also in my collection is this small head, white legs Han:

Attachments

• 20220207_141920.jpg
    20220207_141920.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 34
  • white legs.jpg
    white legs.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

I've got my childhood lose small head Han, which cost me 2p back in the day at a school fete, and a loose large head Han.
2p? You were done! ;)

Nice white legs Han. Thanks for sharing.

I think the small head Han Solo figure are awesome (y) but I do not like the big head very much (n) :ROFLMAO:
The small head is terrific, IMHO. A real favourite of mine both as a child and even now.... The gigantic balloon-headed replacement Han?... Not so much! :ROFLMAO:... Mind you, some people love it and I shouldn't grumble too loudly as I'll be posting various versions of it! LOL.

Thanks for sharing your Han solo figures, cool that you have a white leg han solo figure (y)

The small head is terrific, IMHO. A real favourite of mine both as a child and even now.... The gigantic balloon-headed replacement Han?... Not so much! :ROFLMAO:... Mind you, some people love it and I shouldn't grumble too loudly as I'll be posting various versions of it! LOL.
We can't wait to see them when you find time to share them ;) I never had this Han Solo variant when I was a kid, I never saw it in the stores so I guess all the other kids got him so there was no one left for me 😭 But I have some now in my collection but my run are not complete yet.

OK, I'm hoping a few more forum members will join in with this one please. At least some of you out there must own a Han Solo, surely? :)

A terrific figure! As mentioned above, I loved it as a kid, and still do. Personally, I much prefer the small headed version as I think it looks more like Harrison, but I know the large headed version also has his fans too (@TheJabbaWookie). Whichever one is your favourite, it's one of the first 12, so what's not to like?! :D

Here are my Mr Solos. From left to right (with full credit / thanks to the utterly invaluable Variant Villain website (https://www.variantvillain.com/) without which, I wouldn't know my Kader from my elbow):

Small head, black moulded legs, thin eyebrows, Kader 1b figure, M4a Kader blaster
Small head, white moulded legs, thin eyebrows, Kader 1a figure, M4a Kader blaster
Small head, black moulded legs, bushy eyebrows, Unitoy 1b figure, (incorrect) M4a Kader blaster (as a placeholder)
Large head, black moulded legs, thin eyebrows, dark brown hair, Kader 2b figure, M4b Kader blaster
Large head, black moulded legs, thick eyebrows, Lighter reddish brown hair, Unitoy 1b figure, M2a Unitoy blaster
Large head, black moulded legs, bushy eyebrows / heavy paint apps, dark pink face, pale hands, dark brown hair, PBP 1b figure, M1b Smile blaster

Pea and Pumpkin - 01.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 02.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 03.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 04.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 05.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 06.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 07.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 08.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 09.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 10.jpg

Pea and Pumpkin - 11.jpg

And to round things off, my Palitoy 12a:

Pinhead - 01.jpg

OK, I'm hoping a few more forum members will join in with this one please. At least some of you out there must own a Han Solo, surely? :)

A terrific figure! As mentioned above, I loved it as a kid, and still do. Personally, I much prefer the small headed version as I think it looks more like Harrison, but I know the large headed version also has his fans too (@TheJabbaWookie). Whichever one is your favourite, it's one of the first 12, so what's not to like?! :D

Here are my Mr Solos. From left to right (with full credit / thanks to the utterly invaluable Variant Villain website (https://www.variantvillain.com/) without which, I wouldn't know my Kader from my elbow):

Small head, black moulded legs, thin eyebrows, Kader 1b figure, M4a Kader blaster
Small head, white moulded legs, thin eyebrows, Kader 1a figure, M4a Kader blaster
Small head, black moulded legs, bushy eyebrows, Unitoy 1b figure, (incorrect) M4a Kader blaster (as a placeholder)
Large head, black moulded legs, thin eyebrows, dark brown hair, Kader 2b figure, M4b Kader blaster
Large head, black moulded legs, thick eyebrows, Lighter reddish brown hair, Unitoy 1b figure, M2a Unitoy blaster
Large head, black moulded legs, bushy eyebrows / heavy paint apps, dark pink face, pale hands, dark brown hair, PBP 1b figure, M1b Smile blaster

And to round things off, my Palitoy 12a:

Awesome collection you have there and some great info you have added to the thread. I hope you get the correct blaster that you are missing. That palitoy moc looks fantastic thanks for sharing your fantastic collection with us (y)

I agree the small headed version looks more like Harrison Ford :)

Han Solo is one of the few figures I any memory of having in the 70's. I prefer the small head version, though this could be because that was the one I had/first saw. Didn't see a large head version until the 80's and thought I was looking at a fake!

That said I have both in my collection.

2hans.jpg

Han Solo is one of the few figures I any memory of having in the 70's. I prefer the small head version, though this could be because that was the one I had/first saw. Didn't see a large head version until the 80's and thought I was looking at a fake!

Wow this 2 palitoy moc looks awesome, thanks for sharing them :cool:

I do still not have a Solo moc, but one of my goals are to get one in the future. But I have some Solo Cardbacks. I will share my figures sunday or next week.

My Sw Kenner 21 back Han Solo cardback.

20240307_154351.jpg 20240307_154402.jpg

ESB Palitoy 41 back.

20240307_154435.jpg 20240307_154448.jpg

ESB Palitoy 45 back.

20240307_154524.jpg 20240307_154534.jpg

another ESB Palitoy 45 back, this cardback is not as nice as the first one but this one has a danish price sticker on it from a Toy Store called Legetøjs Kæden on english The Toy Chain. The logo from the store are a little bit special and they also used it on the price stickers. A train with 2 wagons on the first wagon it is writen Legetøj then they have taken the S that I first thought was missing and they lay it down and use it to keep the 2 wagons together and on the last wagon there is writen Kæden. I have not been able to find any info yet about the toy store so I am sure it does not exist today.

20240307_154630.jpg 20240307_154641.jpg

ROTJ Palitoy 65 back.

20240307_154706.jpg 20240307_154720.jpg

ROTJ Palitoy 65 back.

Again I have a extra cardback of this card because this one is also not as nice as the first one but it has a danish price sticker on it for my danish focus again. This time it is a toy sticker from a toy store called L.T. Legetøj on english L.T. Toys I have no idea what L.T. stands for and as far as I know there was only one store as it was placed north of Copenhagen. I have learned it closed in 2015 after 46 years. The price sticker are a little boring.

20240307_154745.jpg 20240307_154754.jpg

ROTJ Kenner 77 back.

Okay this one is a real beater but again it has a price sticker for my danish focus. It is from the Department store Bilka, I think that is the correct word on english, they sell food, toy, flowers, garden stuff, electronic stuff, cloth, I guess they nearly sell everything and they are owned by a company called Salling that is one of the biggest company in denmark. Bilka was one out of 2 places where my mom and dad bought my star wars toy in the 80s so I have many good memories from there looking and buying star wars toy.

20240307_154839.jpg 20240307_154848.jpg

and finally my best carback. My Tri-logo cardback with a part of the bubble sealed on the cardback. It also has a danish price sticker on it. This time it is from the danish toy store BR. This was the 2nd place I bought my star wars toy with my mom or dad, I also remember I bought star wars there with my uncle. BR had 77 toy stores in denmark. But in late dec. 2018 they got bankruptcy. Salling saved them and bought them. They closed the bad shops that did not make any money and today there are only 26 BR toy stores left. The 2 BR stores I bought star wars toy in are now both closed or just one of them. One of them moved to another address it was only 100 meters but it is still not the same store as it was when I was a kid.

01.jpg 02.jpg

View attachment 190733
What a pair of beauties! Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing such wonderful MOC's :)

Jeremy

I do still not have a Solo moc, but one of my goals are to get one in the future. But I have some Solo Cardbacks. I will share my figures sunday or next week.

My Sw Kenner 21 back Han Solo cardback.

View attachment 190735 View attachment 190736

ESB Palitoy 41 back.

View attachment 190737 View attachment 190738

ESB Palitoy 45 back.

View attachment 190739 View attachment 190740

another ESB Palitoy 45 back, this cardback is not as nice as the first one but this one has a danish price sticker on it from a Toy Store called Legetøjs Kæden on english The Toy Chain. The logo from the store are a little bit special and they also used it on the price stickers. A train with 2 wagons on the first wagon it is writen Legetøj then they have taken the S that I first thought was missing and they lay it down and use it to keep the 2 wagons together and on the last wagon there is writen Kæden. I have not been able to find any info yet about the toy store so I am sure it does not exist today.

View attachment 190749 View attachment 190750

ROTJ Palitoy 65 back.

View attachment 190741 View attachment 190742

ROTJ Palitoy 65 back.

Again I have a extra cardback of this card because this one is also not as nice as the first one but it has a danish price sticker on it for my danish focus again. This time it is a toy sticker from a toy store called L.T. Legetøj on english L.T. Toys I have no idea what L.T. stands for and as far as I know there was only one store as it was placed north of Copenhagen. I have learned it closed in 2015 after 46 years. The price sticker are a little boring.

View attachment 190743 View attachment 190744

ROTJ Kenner 77 back.

Okay this one is a real beater but again it has a price sticker for my danish focus. It is from the Department store Bilka, I think that is the correct word on english, they sell food, toy, flowers, garden stuff, electronic stuff, cloth, I guess they nearly sell everything and they are owned by a company called Salling that is one of the biggest company in denmark. Bilka was one out of 2 places where my mom and dad bought my star wars toy in the 80s so I have many good memories from there looking and buying star wars toy.

View attachment 190745 View attachment 190746

and finally my best carback. My Tri-logo cardback with a part of the bubble sealed on the cardback. It also has a danish price sticker on it. This time it is from the danish toy store BR. This was the 2nd place I bought my star wars toy with my mom or dad, I also remember I bought star wars there with my uncle. BR had 77 toy stores in denmark. But in late dec. 2018 they got bankruptcy. Salling saved them and bought them. They closed the bad shops that did not make any money and today there are only 26 BR toy stores left. The 2 BR stores I bought star wars toy in are now both closed or just one of them. One of them moved to another address it was only 100 meters but it is still not the same store as it was when I was a kid.

View attachment 190747 View attachment 190748
Wow, Lars! What a wonderful collection of cardbacks. And what brilliant extra information too. Thanks for sharing it all :)

I look forward to seeing your loose figures when you have time to post them.

Jeremy

Okay here are my Han Solo figures From left to right, I have not had time yet to place the correct blasters on the figures and check the blasters.

Sorry for some bad pictures, my phone are not happy with taking pictures of more than 3 figures, the 4th to the left or right do not get perfect on the picture :rolleyes:

Small head, white moulded legs, Kader 1b figure (There are some pink play dough on the feet that I have not been able to remove).
Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure, glossy hair, Kader 1b figure
Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure, matt hair, Kader 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure

01.jpg

Large head, black moulded legs, paint error on left leg, PBP 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, PBP 1a figure

03.jpg

04.jpg

Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, china eyebrows, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, normal eyebrows, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair (paint error more hair on left face) normal eyebrows, Kader 1a figure

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Large head, black moulded legs, Bad belt detail, Kader 2b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, Fine belt detail, Kader 2b figure

(Fine and bad belt details the same place can also be found on other coo), I have tried to point out the area on the picture with green, it is hard to get the camera to catch it.

08.jpg

09.jpg

Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, Unitoy 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, Unitoy 1a figure

10.jpg

Small head, black moulded legs, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, light pink hands, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, darker pink hands, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, light brown hair, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, black hair, Unitoy 1b figure

11.jpg

12.jpg

Okay here are my Han Solo figures From left to right, I have not had time yet to place the correct blasters on the figures and check the blasters.

Sorry for some bad pictures, my phone are not happy with taking pictures of more than 3 figures, the 4th to the left or right do not get perfect on the picture :rolleyes:

Small head, white moulded legs, Kader 1b figure (There are some pink play dough on the feet that I have not been able to remove).
Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure, glossy hair, Kader 1b figure
Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure, matt hair, Kader 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, Kader 1b figure

View attachment 190770

Large head, black moulded legs, paint error on left leg, PBP 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, PBP 1a figure

View attachment 190767

View attachment 190768

Small head, black moulded legs, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, china eyebrows, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, normal eyebrows, Kader 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair (paint error more hair on left face) normal eyebrows, Kader 1a figure

View attachment 190771

View attachment 190772

View attachment 190773

Large head, black moulded legs, Bad belt detail, Kader 2b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, Fine belt detail, Kader 2b figure

(Fine and bad belt details the same place can also be found on other coo), I have tried to point out the area on the picture with green, it is hard to get the camera to catch it.

View attachment 190774

View attachment 190775

Large head, black moulded legs, dark brown hair, Unitoy 1a figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, Unitoy 1a figure

View attachment 190776

Small head, black moulded legs, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, light pink hands, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, brown hair, darker pink hands, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, light brown hair, Unitoy 1b figure
Large head, black moulded legs, black hair, Unitoy 1b figure

View attachment 190777

View attachment 190778
Now THAT'S a collection! Tremendous stuff, Lars! Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection :)

Jeremy

Those Palitoy 12's are stunning. Got to be one of my favourite MOCs in the whole line. I like this figure, it's got a good mould, especially the torso.

I don't get the variant collecting thing, they all look the same to me, but each to their own. It's interesting a lot of people prefer the small head. Apparently they changed the head because it didn't look enough like Harrison Ford. I have both in my loose set. Got no MOCs or cardbacks. And didn't have the figure as a kid. It was a little before my time the 12 backs, Han Bespin was my Han.

My mate who's a bit older than me told me a great story. When he was little he went in his local newsagent in Hullbridge in Essex and saw a Han Solo (12 back) reduced to 22p on a clearance shelf! He said he had wanted one but never seen one anywhere. He didn't have 22p so he sprinted home only a few hundred yards up the road and asked his old man for the money. He got it and legged it back hoping someone else hadn't bought it. They hadn't and he got it. 22p 🙈

Those Palitoy 12's are stunning. Got to be one of my favourite MOCs in the whole line. I like this figure, it's got a good mould, especially the torso.

I don't get the variant collecting thing, they all look the same to me, but each to their own. It's interesting a lot of people prefer the small head. Apparently they changed the head because it didn't look enough like Harrison Ford. I have both in my loose set. Got no MOCs or cardbacks. And didn't have the figure as a kid. It was a little before my time the 12 backs, Han Bespin was my Han.

My mate who's a bit older than me told me a great story. When he was little he went in his local newsagent in Hullbridge in Essex and saw a Han Solo (12 back) reduced to 22p on a clearance shelf! He said he had wanted one but never seen one anywhere. He didn't have 22p so he sprinted home only a few hundred yards up the road and asked his old man for the money. He got it and legged it back hoping someone else hadn't bought it. They hadn't and he got it. 22p 🙈

I always thought they used both heads from the beginning to the end. Was both not sold on sw, esb and rotj cards ? :unsure: I must admit I have never understood why there was a big and small head :ROFLMAO:

Great story about your childhood and your friend. My Han was the Han Solo Trench Coat when I was a kid, he was the first one I got.

Back
Top Bottom