Toy Tonis are to become sought after, apparently...

stormcab

Sith Lord
Always interested to see if an eBay seller is being open about a Toy Toni, especially if they are asking for a hell of a lot of money.

This 45c Boba Fett is going for £999, ok, let's see the description. Fair enough,there's the admission that it's a possible.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...5-/121784131906?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

But then, here's the big surprise!

"All this fuss and attention may make these ones more collectable in the future anyway" :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

indianawars

Sith Lord
I thought it would only be a matter of time before people would start classing TT's as "future collectibles." Sadly, I think because of the vintage price hike over this year, some people are turning to TT's as the next best thing :( Then you have morons like this fueling the idea of what TT did was okay because he used "vintage" parts.

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Prick.

That's the only word that springs to mind.

I concur, however being a little childish (I do still collect toys you know) couldn't resist making an offer :wink:

11 Oct, 2015
SUBMITTED£40.00
Used figure, used card and fake seal add up to £50 in my book, call it a fiver for postage

For the mathematicians in the group he is charging £15 postage so the sums balance at £55

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Prick.

That's the only word that springs to mind.

I concur, however being a little childish (I do still collect toys you know) couldn't resist making an offer :wink:

11 Oct, 2015
SUBMITTED£40.00
Used figure, used card and fake seal add up to £50 in my book, call it a fiver for postage

For the mathematicians in the group he is charging £15 postage so the sums balance at £55

:lol:

Sad thing is, I do want some TTs, but I am absolutely not paying anything remotely resembling market price for them. If that means not having one or two then so be it. As for charging a premium, I refer you to my earlier sentiment.

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah I'm still not sure about that. I think I do want a couple of cheap reseals/repro cards that I can let my boy have to open when he's a bit older but I've got enough to be going on with just getting the first 79 lol

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Shame that Tony didn't just sit on these until now or after The Force Awakens and then sold them as is, they would of been much nicer, instead he made genuine cards and bubbles fake, by sneakily sealing them and selling them as genuine.

stormcab

Sith Lord
I'll be eating humble pie if in 20 years you see listings such as

"Ultra rare Toy Toni Boba Fett Palitoy 45c ROTJ"

Description. - your chance to own one of the high grade MOCs from the scandal that shook the Star Wars collecting world 20 years ago. As all the foreign and rare authentic cards have been locked up in collections, these are now the must have item.

Asking £24,999, but these are sure to go up in value more when Star Wars 22, 23, 24 are out, and the spin off 8th in the series of Disney Boba Fett films "Coach Boba", where the now Granddad Fett coaches his grandson's bounty hunter school team, is released via RetinaFlix exclusively.

:D :D :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
You are what you sell :? :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-Spanner-Bedford-Vanadium-1-1-8-inch-/121783813802?hash=item1c5ae186aa

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Classic. :lol:

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
In truth, I feel sorry for this guy and for anyone who got stung with one of these toy toni items. He is at least being honest about what the figure is, Toni didn't give his victims the same courtesy.

Im still gutted he seems to have got away with it scot free.

x-pack

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
In truth, I feel sorry for this guy and for anyone who got stung with one of these toy toni items. He is at least being honest about what the figure is, Toni didn't give his victims the same courtesy.

Im still gutted he seems to have got away with it scot free.

Hmm, yeh ....actually no. I feel sorry for guys who got ripped off, but not for this chap who knows what he has and is trying to blag people that it's worth a grand. Plus he declined my offer! :cry:

I genuinely believe that TT's have a market and will become sought after.

bobskins

Padawan
The auction doesn't say anything about it being a Toy Toni?

Has it been changed since the original post??

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah, he's also reduced it by £50 and wants payment by bank transfer. On top of that he also declined my equally generous offer.....ah well....report item 8)

stormcab

Sith Lord
bobskins said:
The auction doesn't say anything about it being a Toy Toni?

Has it been changed since the original post??

BASTARD!! yes he's removed the info about it being a possible post factory closure seal. Wow, proper scummy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom