Vintage collection for sale (2)

nlynn1971

Youngling
My apologies to anyone I managed to offend or upset in my previous thread. As you can tell, I'm completely new to this forum and am looking to find a way of ensuring a genuine collection ends up in the right hands for the right price.

For clarity, the collection (details below) are toys owned by my brother and I that we bought/were bought for us when we were children. As such most have been played with but our dad used to collect toys so he kept all the boxes for the bigger items and instructions etc. Also, he very sensibly bought up some additional figures when we out grew Star Wars that remain sealed and in many cases unpunched. There is some creasing to some of the cards, and some yellowing/cracking to some of the packaging but this is in keeping with their age. Some cards also have some sticker damage where someone (I assume our dad). Tried to remove the sale sticker. In hindsight, he should have just left them on.........

As you'd expect, we've decided that now is a good time to sell them on and I'm keen to sell these to a collector who has a passion for them.

Having undertaken some basic analysis of prices of items sold individually on ebay, I believe £3000 is a fair price. At this stage I'm not interested in selling these individually thank you.

I'm sorry that I still can't upload photos right now due to the file size.

Many thanks for your interest and patience. Hopefully this post is closer to the mark in terms of compliance.

Nick

imperial gunner sealed and unpunched
imperial gunner sealed and unpunched
admiral ackbar sealed but punched
prune face sealed and unpunched
han solo (trench) sealed and part punched
anakin skywalker sealed and unpunched
teebo sealed and unpunched
logray sealed and punched
han solo (hoth) sealed and punched
jawa sealed and punched
jawa sealed and punched
squid head on card sealed but cracked
luke (poncho) sealed and unpunched
chief chirpa sealed and punched
weequay sealed and unpunched
romba sealed and unpunched
imperial dignatory sealed and unpunched
atst driver sealed and punched
warok sealed and unpunched
imperial commander partially sealed
general nadine sealed and unpunched
rebel commando sealed and unpunched
stormtrooper sealed and punched
warrick sealed and unpunched
warrick sealed and unpunched

millenium falcon boxed (missing false floor) but with instructions (some battery acid damage)
wampa boxed
x wing boxed with instructions and damage stickers
people carrier boxed with instructions/back packs/oxygen masks
snowspeeder boxed with instructions and grapple hook (some battery acid damage)
slave 1 boxed with instructions and han in carbon
at st walker boxed with instructions
tauntaun boxed with instructions
speeder bike boxed with instructions
jabba the hut set complete boxed with instructions
tripod lasercanon boxed
int 4 boxed
CAP-2 boxed

princes leia hoth
princes leia bespin
princess leia boussch
lando blue
lando skiff
snaggle tooth
luke rotj
luke hoth
denja
han hoth
hoth commander
hoth rebel soldier
hoth rebel soldier
luke xwing no gun
yoda
chewbacca
chewbacca no gun
han bespin no gun
imperial guard
imperial guard
darth vadar
stormtrooper
stormtrooper
weequay no weapon
greedo no gun
hammerhead
walrus man
ben kenobi
R2D2
ROTJ endor rebel soldier
death star droid
death star commander
death star commander
klaatu
gamorrean guard
nien numb
bib fortuna
sand man broken
hoth storm trooper
at at driver
at at commander no gun
bossk
bespin security guard no gun
IG88 2 guns
logray ewok
chief chirper ewok
imperial commander
zuckuss
boba fett
cloud car pilot missing coms

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Shame your Dad didn't buy up a few Yak Faces and Luke Stormtroopers!
I would love the Stormtrooper but I understand your decision to avoid any hassles and sell in bulk to someone nearby goodluck with the negotiations.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
pizzathehutt said:
just to pre warn you before others on here **** there pants, you need prices

And you need to go to spec savers ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I saw 'pizzas' comment and thought, here we go again...

Nick,
Welcome to the Forum mate
Good luck with your sale, great collection of items!

Cheeers
Jeff

andygo

Padawan
Just seen this... PM sent too :)

If the guys above don't manage to sort a deal, then give me a shout. I'm not to far away and can pop over, but chat with the first in line first :)

Cheers,

Andy

nlynn1971

Youngling
My apologies - I seem to be having some issues with my direct messages. I have tried to reply to many of you unsuccessfully and I can see my replies in my outbox but they don't appear to be going any further than that.

Any ideas on why this might be? Am I restricted on how many messages I can send as someone who is new to the site? Maybe there's something I'm doing wrong.

The general update is that I'm due to have someone come to see the collection later and there are some others I'm in touch with who I'll contact thereafter depending on how it goes.

Many thanks again for your interest, patience and support.

andygo

Padawan
Hi All,

Just chucking my two penneth in as I've been in contact with Nick too. I Pm'ed Nick the other day and we've spoken over the phone about the collection. As far as I understand it, there's a couple of guys ahead of me and Nick is quite rightly giving priority to them for a first look. I live local to Nick so it would be very easy for me to collect and pay cash for the whole kit and caboodle, etc. which would be convenient for him so I believe I am in the mix and wanted to let you all know that there are no backdoor shenanigans going on. I've seen bits of the collection and before anyone hyperventilates, there's nothing crazy in it, no Trilogo madines, no bags with 50 Yakfaces in it, etc :)

Nick's a real nice guy who's just ready to let go of his childhood collection and was a bit taken aback by the ferocity of the backlash on his post. There's some decent carded in there, but nothing hyper mint or loony rare, there are scuffs and bubble crushes and torn stickers, etc. Basically exactly what you would expect to find with a collection of this sort. For me, I'm predominantly after the MOC's as a bulk buy to bolster my personal MOC run and anything surplus I planned on selling at farthest from or on here like I did previously (those of you who bought stuff from me at FF I would hope can attest to my fairness and keen pricing ! :) )

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Andy

nlynn1971

Youngling
Quick update for anyone still following the thread.

I've had a viewing and shared photos with a few people. It's clear that the original 3000 price is unrealistic.

I have an existing offer on the table that includes a shipping charge and PayPal which eats into the money.

As such, we'd accept 2000 (cleared) with local collection.

Many thanks for everyones interest and time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom