Vintage consoles

drew

Padawan
Are any of you guys interested in vintage consoles? I loved my master system 2 in the 90s and master system 1 as well. I have a big collection of games here. I have a proper decca colour television in my bedroom which i play the master system on also a convertor to play it on flat screen. I am currently waiting to hear from a guy on a bmx forum who wants this and would trade for some loose star wars stuff which i hope will be a deal in end

IMG_0649.jpg

Also have a boxed atari but the blinking A-B switch has gone missing on the side :roll:

IMG_0650.jpg

drew

Padawan
N64 is awesome! I remember when goldeneye came out i was like there is no way computer is gonna evolve any better than that :lol: I absolutely love zelda ocarina of time. Brilliant game

Chewie

Jedi Master
I loved my Atari 2600 Woody when i was a kid :D Followed by my ZX Spectrum+, NES, Mega Drive, PS1, PS2 and now my Xbox 360 :D

I still have a Mega Drive :)

Rich.b

Padawan
I did exactly the same with the N64, i rebought one just for Goldeneye :D
I also still have a Megadrive, Mega cd and a Sega Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was a superb piece of kit but it never seemed to catch on.
I think my old Spectrum + is still in my moms loft as well, i'll have to get up there at the weekend so i can sit for 20 minutues waiting for a crappy game to load, only for it to crash in the last 10 seconds......... :shock:
Does anyone know if there is an emulater for playing all them old games on the modern pc, i would love a blast on Manic Miner or Jet Set Willy again

spoons

Grand Master
I'm a bit of an old console dabbler.

Currently got a SNES, Megadrive, N64, Game Cube, PS2 and X-Box. I did have a Commodore 64, BBC and ZX81 too, but anthything that takes time to load is too much hassle so they were all sold.

Rich - there's loads of emulators on the net, I did have a good ZX Spectrum one but can't remeber its name

try this

http://www.zxspectrum4.net/

Rich.b

Padawan
Sweet, i'll download that when i get home :D
Remembered after i read your post Spoons that i've got a Gamecube as well, i only kept it for the Rogue Squadron Game but have since found out that the controller can be used for classic games on the wii as well. The original version of mario is still as addictive now even if the graphics aren't in the same league.

spoons

Grand Master
Rich.b said:
Sweet, i'll download that when i get home :D
Remembered after i read your post Spoons that i've got a Gamecube as well, i only kept it for the Rogue Squadron Game but have since found out that the controller can be used for classic games on the wii as well. The original version of mario is still as addictive now even if the graphics aren't in the same league.

My Cube is boxed away but I play more of the games on the Wii than Wii games :D

Got my son into Rogue Squadron - it's a classic

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Got my son into Rogue Squadron - it's a classic

Have you got Rogue Squadron running on your Wii, or any emulator for that matter? I've never been able to get it to work! Would love to play that again.

I'd also recommend getting a Wii and then modding it to platy emulators. The classic controllers are great, much better than any PC gamepad you can buy, and the Wii interface is really nice.

spoons

Grand Master
yes Edd, Rogue Squadron works on the Wii - not had any problem getting any of the GC games to work, but I mostly play Zelda games. I had to get a new memory card as the old GC ones didn't work but apart from that all is fine

I've not heard of Emulators fort the Wii, how do you mod it?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Oh I see, you're playing the GC Rogue Squadron. I thought you meant the N64 one.

You need to install the Homebrew channel to put emulators and other 3rd party apps on your Wii. There's loads and loads of documentation on it, so as long aas you follow instructions carefully you should be fine. Here's a good place to start:

http://bootmii.org/download/
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page

spoons

Grand Master
cheers Edd

yeah RS on the GC, I've the other one too but it's not as good

Rich.b

Padawan
I remember being proper gutted when me and my little bro got a philips console one christmas, I really wanted an Atari but they were too expensive :(
Is that a 16k memory expansion I spy on the ZX81 there Jason? and a Kempston joystick interface on the Speccy Plus, I'm gettin all computer nostalgic now.....

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Rich.b said:
I remember being proper gutted when me and my little bro got a philips console one christmas, I really wanted an Atari but they were too expensive :(
Is that a 16k memory expansion I spy on the ZX81 there Jason? and a Kempston joystick interface on the Speccy Plus, I'm gettin all computer nostalgic now.....

Yep, and yep.

My mate had one of these:-

videopac_g7000.jpg

I thought it was pretty good!

:lol:

Jason

Rich.b

Padawan
Ah man, that exact one :D
I can remember the little handles on top of the cartridges now, and that all the games were numbered. I wonder if that's still in my mom's loft as well :?:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've just ordered one of these - £40 for a handheld Megadrive!

http://www.blazeeurope.com/sega/sega-ultimate/prod_133.html

Rich.b

Padawan
Nice one mate :D
As it has an SD card slot do you reckon other games will be available as downloads as I may be interested....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom