Wanted M.A.S.K Toys

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
So before I start trawling the net and hunting in dealer shops etc. Figured I would ask as I know there are a few M.A.S.K. collectors here.
I want to get a Series 1 collection going, likely Series 2 as well - starting from scratch (again for the third time with this one :) ).

So if anyone has these and is thinking about selling drop me line.
Tar
matt

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Hey @edd_jedi

Ideally Nice condition toys with Boxes, don't care if the boxes are a bit scruffy and showing their age and don't care about inserts etc.
Depending on prices loose might be an option as well.

As with my normal collecting MO - keeping the quality can cost balance right is key, but the artwork on those boxes is soooo good it'll be hard to stay away from them.

Just missed out on a Condor last night on evilbay - tracking a few more things.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Ha - bidding on one now 😀, susspect it will go up over my limit though.

I am about to off load a few Lego sets so may see about trades etc. in a few weeks - off to do an audit later

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ha - bidding on one now 😀, susspect it will go up over my limit though.

I am about to off load a few Lego sets so may see about trades etc. in a few weeks - off to do an audit later
Please let me know when you're ready to move on some Lego sets.
I've nothing to trade unfortunately.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I'll post some images of Lego later in the week or next

A lot of boxes older sets, Ninjago City, Icons/ideas, maybe Star Wars etc. time for a realistic clear out of things that may be awesome, but I'll never actually build as I don't have the space.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'll post some images of Lego later in the week or next

A lot of boxes older sets, Ninjago City, Icons/ideas, maybe Star Wars etc. time for a realistic clear out of things that may be awesome, but I'll never actually build as I don't have the space.
There's a lot of Mask items at Vectis at the end of the month, maybe worth having ago at a lot?

Ian

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah - Saw the Vectis lots, a few intreating ones, but I bet bidding goes higher that it should - But I'll be on it for sure

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I do wish people wouldn't put reserve prices on items on Evilbay.....
Bidding on a Hurricane and Condor - both look OK, but both figures scruffy missing masks and on gun missing, so work needed to get them where they need to be, but nothing silly, but the guy let the auction crap out and then rejected a Make Me an Offer and re-listed again with the same reserve (I assume) where I bet the same result will happen... his choice I guess, but frustrating and unrealistic....

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Seems I will be going for a loose collection this time around - boxed prices are somewhat inflated :)
Managed to win a Condor, Vampire and Thunderhawk (all for under 60, so happy with that) - we'll see what the true state they are in is next week when they arrive...

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Started
To get a few things in now. A couple more to come
Next week. switchblade will be the big one to find next and that sees of series 1.

IMG_9087.jpeg
IMG_9086.jpeg
IMG_9085.jpeg
IMG_9084.jpeg

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Boulder Hill was on my xmas wish list as a kid but could never convince the folks to buy it.😪

I think i would have blown my whole xmas budget on it which was prob the reason why.🤔

Nice collection btw, love it👍

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Thanks - I really do love the MASK toys - again, this is the third time I've collected them, this time it will stick. Luckily the loose ones aren't too bad - but boxed ones have shot up in price. I am off to pick up a couple of pieces from the post office tomorrow and then take stock - really want that Switchblade and maybe Outlaw and Volcano and that might be it. The series 3 vehicles were Ok, but not amazing and I never really liked the racing stuff - it was an odd 12 episode tack-on which killed the franchise really - I mean why would sworn enemies and in the case of Mayhem a major criminal suddenly just race each other in the open with no ramifications - it made no sense. The spit series after that was odd and only the Gloria Baker figure is worth getting there - she should have been in series 1 or 2 and Shark is a great vehicle.

Sadly the Boulder Hill is missing the gas pipes - but other than that it's in pretty good nick. Likewise I would have killed for one of those back in 85....

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
It looks like its in really great condition👍

I had:

- Coast Patrol
- T-Bob and Scott Trakker
- Condor
- Piranha
- Vampire
- Bullet

Not too many but I did play with them quite a bit.

I have a feeling i didn't sell these and could be still at my folks🤔

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Forgot the bloody post office was shut today so the Piranha I have coming will have to wait for next week - also took a risk buying a rough looking Outlaw that I hope I can clean up and complete. Again a few weeks for all that.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Thanks - I really do love the MASK toys - again, this is the third time I've collected them, this time it will stick. Luckily the loose ones aren't too bad - but boxed ones have shot up in price. I am off to pick up a couple of pieces from the post office tomorrow and then take stock - really want that Switchblade and maybe Outlaw and Volcano and that might be it. The series 3 vehicles were Ok, but not amazing and I never really liked the racing stuff - it was an odd 12 episode tack-on which killed the franchise really - I mean why would sworn enemies and in the case of Mayhem a major criminal suddenly just race each other in the open with no ramifications - it made no sense. The spit series after that was odd and only the Gloria Baker figure is worth getting there - she should have been in series 1 or 2 and Shark is a great vehicle.

Sadly the Boulder Hill is missing the gas pipes - but other than that it's in pretty good nick. Likewise I would have killed for one of those back in 85....
Looks like the collection is taking off and if your anywhere near Bristol then there's a vintage shop here that has a fair amount of boxed Mask in it. I've been tempted over the years but must have missed it growing up as I don't remember ever seeing the toys or cartoon.

Great toy line though :)

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom