What is your best ever bargain??

lejackal

Grand Master
Good question - I'd probably go for my Early Bird mailer I picked up around 2000 for around £200 (possibly less). When it arrived I found it had a DT Luke in there, which wasn't mentioned in the sale post. Since had it verified as genuine.
Awesome!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Klaatu MOC
I was down in Edinburgh on a course and saw this advertised locally for £5. Nipped in on the way home, bloke had sold it on eBay but it had been returned as the buyer said it didn't have a waffle seal so must be fake.
I took the time to explain that it was actually a tri logo and they didn't have…….. did I hell, I stuffed a fiver in his hand and smiled all the way home :LOL:
D88064F3-97A1-4222-966B-1E3461857AD7.jpeg

I should point out, bloke had a huge house and 2 cars. I definitely didn't cost him his next meal.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
For me probably Trilogo Yakface for 99p in 1986. Graded the figure in or around 2007 and it got AFA 85. Annoyingly I lost the card back, can't for the life of me think how I lost it, definitely had it in the early 90's and no way would I have thrown it out. I moved house in 1997 and I've never seen it since along with an Amanaman Trilogo card back. Still have the figure for that card back which also graded 85.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
For me a bunch of figures in a local antiques centre where they had different stall holders

usual madine, ewoks, etc but a nice Vader with original saber all £8 each, noticed an r2 which I could see was a pop up but no saber, picked it up and at the back of it there was a saber, said to the guy, can you hold on to these whilst I go to a cash machine, turns out it was an original saber, got even cheekier and said if I take the 5 figures can you do £30 ? Yes was the answer …happy days

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
For me a bunch of figures in a local antiques centre where they had different stall holders

usual madine, ewoks, etc but a nice Vader with original saber all £8 each, noticed an r2 which I could see was a pop up but no saber, picked it up and at the back of it there was a saber, said to the guy, can you hold on to these whilst I go to a cash machine, turns out it was an original saber, got even cheekier and said if I take the 5 figures can you do £30 ? Yes was the answer …happy days
You really got lucky there, Mike! They're usually poor condition and overpriced in places like that. Often repro weapons as well.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Told the story before on here but managed to snag three unopened empire atst and one empire slave one unopened for £5 each(total£20) at the local market shop in about 1993, the same shop where i used to buy figs for for a £1 back in the early 80's, think they had cleared a cupboard out, they had loads of cheap ships and figs back in the 80's in rows of boxes on the floor crammed with carded mostly Jedi back then. I only had a £10 on me at the time so rushed home burning rubber in my vw beetle to get the other £10. Made it back the two other boxes were still there , i casually said to the girl at the counter , don't suppose you have any more of this type of stuff knocking about. She didn't know but never saw anymore in there after that but i always popped in for a quick look till they closed some years later. Arrr the good old days
Course i opened them as soon as i got home, but knew enough not to open the bags etc..... it was 1993 :D:D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I got Yak, amanaman (no staff) and Luke stormtrooper (complete with helmet) for 50p each. But this was in my very early days of collecting in 92.

I the 2000's I got a 45a Greedo for £125 Bin. (If I remember correctly). Considering at the time - and possibly still - it was on the 2nd one ever found
Wow that was some great deals (y)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I'm lucky to have been able to buy an MIB unused tri logo MTV-7 in a lot of 3 mini rigs for € 250. Managed to sell the 2 other mini rigs for € 130, so I got the MTV-7 for € 120 in the end.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
So many to mention.

2 mint trilogo Fetts in a lot of 4 figures £15 posted.

20 back Obi Wan £23

Anakin POTF cardback chucked in free when I bought some cards from an Australian person who was clearing out his loft.

Lastly, Yakface for £7

Latest posts

Top Bottom