When is a figure a true variant

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Seen as my word isn't good enough for you Lars I will confirm that Franks ESB DSC Baggie is this same variant, just looking again and Franks looks like it's has black face paint.
I was guessing he's a euro ROTJ/Tri-logo era figure because there is no China card for him, only a HK Tri-Logo I think, the Baggie is ESB-g so I'd imagine its round about that time he would have been originally produced. Maybe a ROTJ European card he appeared on first.

Maybe the brown face version is Kader and China is the black or China where responsible for both, I don't know.

EF182A10-BFB0-47DE-86FD-4262BD63BF4E_zpsfdnsdtww.jpg

35D664B7-3517-4112-ABB8-36B7AB30A5F6_zpshah4b4sq.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks scott for the informations. I did not know it was your words :lol: :wink:

I talked yesterday with Frank about the baggie. He told me it is impossible to make out through the acrylic.

But I am glad you can see it :wink:

As I wrote maybe it can be found in baggies and on moc as you always say to me that some figure can be found on 2 different cards or baggies.

Looks like you can confirm the baggie :wink: Thanks.

Does the one in the baggie have insignia ?

as you maybe also know the lili ledy have the same coo :D

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Can you not see what's on TIG any more Lars? I know you've had your issues with the site but there is some great info and users on there, it's a shame if you can't access it.

It is near impossible to see through the case but if you hold it at 38 degrees North East against a mid morning sun and tilt it you can just make it out lol

The Jawas a good example of the same figure being found in different baggies and MOCs, this figure isn't as easy though as there is no card for him from China. I suspect Kader made a batch of these once they edited there mould. I also suspect that at the same time Kader made copies of this mould tool for China and Lili Ledy factories. These China and Ledy DSC are the same and not just the COO, just different plastic and paint.

If you look at franks DSC, his version of this figure is the one at the bottom in his ESB-g China Baggie and does have the insignias.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15937&start=15

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think I can access tig, but I will not go back to tig, sorry mate.

Great to know the china baggie is confirmed with that variant :D and that you can see it in the morning sun :lol:

Yes I saw Franks baggies, but I could not see the coo and Frank could also not see it, maybe he have no morning sun :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom