Where did all the sellers go? Traders sought...

Howdy all,

it's been a few years since my last confession. Hope you're all well/keeping the divorce lawyers at bay.

I kind of dropped off the hunt a couple of years ago when I completed my loose collection - and when the baby arrived that was a bit of a distraction too.

But recently a friend with more disposable income ("more than you can imagine!")than I ever had expressed an interest in getting a collection together. He asked my advice on getting started and I sat down in front of ebay with him... and there are so few sellers on there. Well, compared to a couple of years back, anyway...

Does anyone here know anyone that's doing a decent turn of trade these days?

He's cash rich (relatively) but time poor - so he keeps getting outbid. His best bet would have been going for Buy It Now sales, but it just seems like there's so little out there?

There was a guy who used to post on here who ran an online store (or it might have been his wife - Madelaine's?) Did I read that they were packing it in? I have been out of the loop for a while. Is that Vinnels girl still trading? She was always overpriced, but had a decent level of disdain for repros, I seem to recall. I also recall some of you having a bit of a grudge...

Any suggestions gratefully received - last I heard he was considering going for one of those big bundles of crap (you know the ones - the ones that snag the noobs with a few last 17 incompletes in there, as if you'll ever complete a capeless Lando General...). Maybe I should let the fool and his money be parted...

Impatient the boy is. Teach him, I cannot.

saber

Jedi Knight
have you been smoking too much :lol:

I'd always say let the guy look for himself

why's he asking you? Is he looking to cut out all the fun and just buy buy buy? Because that's just crazy!

Seems a strange cat to me, the fun is in the learning of it all :mrgreen:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Fairly new to this myself and as far as i know the only sites that sell Vintage Star Wars (other than ebay), are brianstoys.com and cloudcity.com but they are US so unless you are there'll be big shipping charges i would have thought.
A few guys on here are always selling stuff tho and they're more trustworthy than the ebay people.
Still, there is **** loads of stuff on ebay if you look, loose, carded, boxed, whatever you need.

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Hi Bertie,

He should contact Lee on here or Brett (Vintage_city) or Gary (mrUTman) on the RS-forum. They always have a decent amount of really minty figures and never sell repro junk or ask too much. They should be able to supply him with a full minty set pretty fast.

Emiel

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome back Bertie! :D

Leahs Toys on ebay sell high quality figures at decent prices!
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Leahs-Toys?_rdc=1

Our very own Plantman & Caswellbot always have a lot of nice stuff for sale too! :D
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6439

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6499

Guys, I know - I've said to him the fun is in the chase... but he's got a bee in his bonnet and he does have cash to spare. Regardless of his disposable income, he is a good bloke and I'm just trying to steer him.

The real driver for me is that he sends me about 4 links a week to shite bulk lots that have stacks of repros/incomplete L17s and other timewasting shitlistings. I have other stuff to deal with. I can waste time with my friends when my chores are done.

Smoking odd stuff? Nooooooo, but the coke/heroin speedballs do make a Thursday pass all the quicker...

:wink:

Capetown/Darth Stanley - thanks for the suggestions.

saber

Jedi Knight
bertie_big_bollocks said:
Guys, I know - I've said to him the fun is in the chase... but he's got a bee in his bonnet and he does have cash to spare. Regardless of his disposable income, he is a good bloke and I'm just trying to steer him.

The real driver for me is that he sends me about 4 links a week to shite bulk lots that have stacks of repros/incomplete L17s and other timewasting shitlistings. I have other stuff to deal with. I can waste time with my friends when my chores are done.

Smoking odd stuff? Nooooooo, but the coke/heroin speedballs do make a Thursday pass all the quicker...

:wink:

Capetown/Darth Stanley - thanks for the suggestions.

well so long as you're not smoking odd stuff :wink: :D

hope he finds what he's looking for, is he focussing then?

spoons

Grand Master
If you're buying from one of the US big(ish) stores - the Earth is always good value, Hollywood Heroes is also good too

Shipping is pretty reasonable too

Josh

Sith Lord
I think you should talk him into buying MOC's ;)
I have got loads for sale if he is interested! :D

saber

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
If you're buying from one of the US big(ish) stores - the Earth is always good value, Hollywood Heroes is also good too

i noticed Hollywood Heroes are selling a Boba Fett AFA 85 for ............................$3700.00 ............... if you want it :lol:

or maybe POTF Yak Face AFA 85 for ..... $4000.00

CRAZY :shock:

spoons

Grand Master
saber said:
spoons said:

i noticed Hollywood Heroes are selling a Boba Fett AFA 85 for ............................$3700.00 ............... if you want it :lol:

that doesn't sound too bad for an AFA POTF Yak Face, they don't exactly grow on trees - I rarely buy AFA but their non-graded stuff has always been good value

PGowdy

Grand Master
These guys on ebay are selling a set of over 100 figures, including all the last 17 and in good condition for 1800.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=110535222588&Category=50277&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2#ht_2411wt_1167

Seems a little steep to me (averaging £18 a figure) but gets it all done in one swoop.
Might be worth a look.

saber

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
saber said:
spoons said:

that doesn't sound too bad for an AFA POTF Yak Face, they don't exactly grow on trees - I rarely buy AFA but their non-graded stuff has always been good value

you'll probably know more than me regarding their prices, but $4000???

I've seen 12'Back Luke's for less :?

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
saber said:
you'll probably know more than me regarding their prices, but $4000???

Graded POTF Yaks, Anakins and Nicto's command prices like these.

spoons

Grand Master
saber said:

Luke's are a lot more common, the POTF Yak's were never sold in the US and only avaialble on Canadian cards

saber

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
saber said:

Luke's are a lot more common, the POTF Yak's were never sold in the US and only avaialble on Canadian cards

8)

cant say I've looked at all at that range yet

spoons

Grand Master
saber said:
spoons said:
saber said:

8)

cant say I've looked at all at that range yet

They've never really done much for me as they weren't for sale over here and the bubbles are the worst for yellowing. But it is a really good design, Sith Smith sold off his whole set recently - not cheap :shock:

What was the boba that was so pricey?

browny

Jedi Master
Madleine's vintage shop is still going on ebay,the guy is looking to clear his stuff out quickly I believe and they are very nice polite people,get in touch with them mate.

Plantman and Caswelbot are both good sellers on here and there is also galactables and bamberooney on ebay who have carded gear for sale all the time.

Vinnels,now that is a name I havent seen on ebay for a long time,anyone know what happened to him/her?

Stef 8)

iDrew

Padawan
I've been dealing with this guy quite a bit recently: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ECHOBASE-DEN-HAAG

Service is excellent, figures are top notch, postage is well priced (& fast) 8)

saber

Jedi Knight
that Boba Fett ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Boba-Fett-AFA-85-85-85-85-/120546090967?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c111b5fd7

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom