Where is this price tag from?

Lee77

Sith Lord
I've noticed this price tag on a few of the mocs I have. It's obviously a UK one cos of the vat, but can someone tell me what shop used it. It's on Kenner and Palitoy ROTJ cards if that helps.
Thanks.
Lee.
DSCF1348 (640x480).jpg

Joe

Grand Master
No idea on that one sorry.

Iain - did you have this same sticker on the back of a Tri Ugnaught?

Lee77

Sith Lord
Joe, I thought if anybody was gonna know it would have been you! My mrs seems to think it reminds her of the old WHSmiths price tags but I'm not sure. It must have been a fairly large retailer as there seems to be a lot of this type of sticker around.
Going by the fact they were 49p, I guess it could have been some sort of clearance shop that bought up Rotj and tri logos cheap, at the time they were becoming unpopular.

Lee77

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
catalogue shop maybe???

Good call. I'm thinking Argos, because of the code at the top. I seem to remember another shop similar to Argos too. I think it went belly up years ago.

poncho

Grand Master
yeah i remember a catalogue shop i used to buy my toys from in the late 80s early 90's! i havnt seen it around since i was litte come to think of it...gonna google it now lol......index!....... that was it! founded in the uk in 1985 owned by littlewoods

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bloody hell I remember Index!!! Used to get quite a few toys from there as they always seemed to have some of the harder to find stuff in stock all the time.

Joe

Grand Master
Lee77 said:
Joe, I thought if anybody was gonna know it would have been you!

Wish I could help! I have seen it a few times but not done much research into this one, it may well be a sticker from one of the many catalogue type stores that the UK had at the time like poncho mentioned, good call! I remember Index too!

itfciain said:
Lol -yes I did ! How did you know that :D

I know all ;) (well apart from this sticker question :lol: )

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
MAKRO - huge buildings, I wonder if just one of them has a small dusty storeroom with a box of ROTJ figures tucked away inside :)

Djbighair

Jedi Master
Going through the thread, I thought it looks like makro... Went up to my den dug out my beats international lp as I remember getting that there, and yes same sticker.
Makro now there's a shop I've not been to in a while..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom