Why did kenner leave these too late

I've always wondered why kenner left some of the coolest figures/ships until the end of the line before producing them
I can understand Yak Face and Amanaman, not many people even realised he was in rotj to begin with but the list below we iconic characters
Luke Stormtrooper- who didnt want 1 of these
Imperial gunner- Cool figure who pulls the trigger on a planet
Tatooine skiff- That scene was 1 of the most memorable from the trilogy, Luke finally does more than scratch his ass with the force.
Romba- er ok they could leave him too
But over that time they did make some crap to compensate
SW- Power droid- the most unless figure ever made whos sole use was to cover Han while he blasted Stormtroopers and Ewoks ( this is how I played as a kid)
ESB- FX-7- I didnt even know he was in the film
ROTJ- the mighty Prune face who most thought came from Jabbas Palace
Whats your views guys

itfciain

Grand Master
I imagine that with the Luke Stormie, they didn't have the technology to mae him with the first run of figures (which are pretty basic) and that they then concentrated on the ranges from the new films

It did always surprise me that they didn't make a Han Solo one too - would have been pretty easy to do and probably quite cost effective

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
The Sand Trooper would have been a cool figure I reckon, the latest modern 'vintage collection' one looks cool in fairness, probably the best one actually.

itfciain said:
I imagine that with the Luke Stormie, they didn't have the technology to mae him with the first run of figures (which are pretty basic) and that they then concentrated on the ranges from the new films

It did always surprise me that they didn't make a Han Solo one too - would have been pretty easy to do and probably quite cost effective

Yeah I always thought it would have been cool to have a Luke and Han Stormtrooper to play with. They already had the mold for the small head Han solo which could have worked well with the helmet. It might have needed altered slightly but.....

The other thing is if Kenner made a Jabba sail barge it would have been cool as **** and they would have offloaded a lot of crappy weequays and niktos. Every kid would have wanted 1 of these on my street

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yes a Sandtrooper and the sail barge would have been very cool :D

Jabba's palace as a playset could also have been cool :wink:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
dinner squadron 2 said:
But over that time they did make some crap to compensate
SW- Power droid- the most unless figure ever made whos sole use was to cover Han while he blasted Stormtroopers and Ewoks ( this is how I played as a kid)
ESB- FX-7- I didnt even know he was in the film
ROTJ- the mighty Prune face who most thought came from Jabbas Palace
Whats your views guys

I like Power Droid, leave him alone :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
i cant resist.......some members will have seen me link this a few times but when i see 'i wish they made a tarkin' i like to post my custom tarkin for you new guys too see and appreciate i made him some years ago from vintage parts and painted accordingly to the uniform from the film :D enjoy
cjgrandmoff.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
i popped the imperial head and reshaped a early 80s gijoe/actionforce head from recollection... and repainted and popped on the imperial body.

chazb73

Sith Lord
ponchobelt said:
i cant resist.......some members will have seen me link this a few times but when i see 'i wish they made a tarkin' i like to post my custom tarkin for you new guys too see and appreciate i made him some years ago from vintage parts and painted accordingly to the uniform from the film :D enjoy
cjgrandmoff.jpg

Excellent work mate :D sounds like it was a good project :wink:

I'm with you Paul, I think the power droid is a figure that encapsulates the vintage range :D

TheGent

Jedi Master
And here is my Custom Tarkin: POTF2 Tarkin face repaint, Vintage Imperial Commander body.
imag0498jbsyg.jpg
imag0500r6slf.jpg

imag0497yisep.jpg

Grand Moff Tarkin 12Back MOC
imag0542tsq1p.jpg
imag0543bzqm5.jpg
arkin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom