would you pay the extra

airjedijamie

Jedi Knight
i sold a set of henry rollins books ther was 9 book in total. but ebay have put a a max on books which is £2.75 so i lost out but i was going to sell a big star wars book an i know to post that item is £10 so why should we lose out

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
I wonder if he was looking to use an USPS postal option with tracking to cover himself from a paypal claim.

Anyway, glad you got it!

marc

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
theguiltyone said:
I wonder if he was looking to use an USPS postal option with tracking to cover himself from a paypal claim.

Anyway, glad you got it!

marc

I was told by USPS that you cannot place tracking on an overseas shipment.

gamorreangarden

Youngling
tiefighterboy said:
theguiltyone said:

Anyway, glad you got it!

marc

I was told by USPS that you cannot place tracking on an overseas shipment.

2 things here: Tracking is available for overseas shipment by USPS, it has to be Global Express to be accurate, and that's very expensive. I use the regular airmail and haven't had a problem shipping to Europe or Australia.

Secondly, even if he had tracking or delivery confirmation to cover himself with Paypal, it wouldn't cover him from the Ebay dispute you could open,because asking for more shipping is NOT allowed, under any circumstance.

gamorreangarden

Youngling
PGowdy said:
I'm pretty sure when the seller states the amount of shipping it is binding by the rules of ebay. Personally i wouldn't pay it in a million years on principle alone and would open a dispute with ebay.
They are out of order.

Absolutely, you should NOT pay that, and should report them to ebay. This is one of the oldest violations of ebay rules, and sellers can be suspended or revoked for doing that, as they should be. He's trying to squeeze more out of the auction, probably just asking that to see if you pay it or report him. Unfortunately, this is more common that you'd think, just not in the Star Wars market.

gamorreangarden

Youngling
Boba 71 said:
Your right the price he put down is the price he should charge. The extra $2-$3 I would pay should be for insurance and tracking so he can't say it got lost.

None of that is the buyer's responsibility. The onus is always on the seller to buy insurance for the package. Ebay doesn't allow sellers to charge a specific insurance charge anymore, because it was running into regulation issues, and doesn't want to be an insurance broker of sorts. The seller must also prove that the package got there, so if he didn't get tracking, that's the seller's problem if he can't show it got there. This is US trade law, and applies also to overseas shipping.

gamorreangarden

Youngling
jayjedi said:
thanks guys, i have sent him an email saying that he quoted for the packaging and i would pay an extra few dollars for tracking so i will have to see how it goes, also contacted ebay via live help and they were quite helpful saying that i shouldn't pay it and were dealing with the buyer , so hopefully they can lean on him enough to send them.... or i it will piss him off and i'll get a message telling me to eff off :D

THen let him. He can't ask for more shipping, you can report him to ebay and he'd get a strike against his account. If he got nasty in a message, you can report him for abusive treatment, and he'd get a second strike, and his ID suspended. If he got a third strike--he's out.

Brilliant move, gettting ebay live help on it. They send a nasty-gram to the seller noting the situation.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
aussiejames said:
Pay the extra, then put in a Paypal claim- the buyer(you) always wins. If they don't send it signed for with tracking- just say it never showed up and get all your money back. That will teach the seller for being a twat :p

I'm liking your thinking!
Did it show up Jay?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Before i start, i loved the film Kick ass. Saw it at the cinema and it blew me away. 3 weeks ago i bought these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140412947311
Ok the item turned up yesterday and it is great. No rips or tares and considering the early bird stand went for £42 on its own sunday on Ebay i am very pleased with it. The guy had sent it by express mail, whic his why it cost $30 to post it. He also sent it wrapped in his local newspaper ( which must have added a bit to the postage :roll: ) but as he lived in San Fransisco it had got a large spread about wondercon and the kick ass cast and crew that were attending. I felt a bit guilty so i sent him $10 extra by paypal gift saying thanks. But he hasn't replied..... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom