WOW What an auction! Includes Carded Vlix and Blue Stars MOC

e30318is

Sith Lord
If you get a chance do it! It would be great to see them all together 8)
There is something about the Blue Stars- I would love to own any example (excluding the Kubrick version :lol: ) some day. What sort of price do they acheive? 500-600$ loose without skirt or blaster?

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Based on the previous auctions they've had, the ending price list should be up some time early next week. If no one beats me to it, then I'll plan on posting it here.

Joe, great to hear that some of those pieces went to good homes. I'd certainly say that those you listed were some of the most fun to watch the live bidding on. This was my first time in participating in an auction like this and the rush is completely different from watching the ebay timer go down.

And another yes, for the Blue Stars group shot if you get time. :)

To give you guys an idea of how it was online, here's a screenshot I took before the SW items came up.

Screen%20Shot%202011-12-08%20at%2012.27.49%20PM.png

Joe

Grand Master
It was fun watching online but it moved SO quick! I was also amazed at that $600 POTF amanaman!

So glad to hear you got some of the goodies Joe and Shawn ;)

Vaders_Child

Padawan
Wow, i just saw this thread so bit late to the party.
Would have loved a shot at that moc blue stars.
Congrats to all who secured lots.

On a tangent, did anybody look at the past catalogues and prices realised. I did not realise marbels were worth so much money, given they are not your standard playground variety.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Is the Kleb still only one of the 2 known to exist? I know Gus Lopez has one and there was supposed to be one other. Is this the other one or a new find??

Chris.

rubberlike

Youngling
+1 for the Blue Stars 3-some shot!

I watched the auction too and was happy to hear where the Blue Stars went and that Joe got the Polish. I think the Polish went for a decent price too. Congrats Joe!

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Thanks Trevor, I really expected the Polish to go for at least double what they ended at, especially with them having been outed here :evil: Not going to argue with the price they ended at. Pretty happy to have them. To collect a set for 16 years, and not have ANY advances in coming closer to finishing that set in the past 5 years, then to get this many in one shot is really overwhelming.

Cheers
Joe

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
$150 for a MIB Imperial Shuttle! 8) :shock: What a steal!

I think many of the vehicles where brought to flip. Dont be surprised to see them pop up on RS! :wink:

Joseph_Y

Padawan
You've gotta realize that the auction was right in Andy Loney and James Gallo's back yard. 2 well known and liked dealer/collectors. Not to mention other people in the audience and online bidding for their own collections, or, also hoping for deals to flip. Most deals to flip on items that happened at the auction, likely went to Andy/Alyssa, and Mike. Another problem for those bidding online, a LOT of the descriptions weren't accurate on the toys,esp the boxed stuff. Much of it was loose in box. Many of the MOC's had damage that wasn't noted or visible in the pics. I almost feel bad for the person that got the 12 bell, as in person the water damage was 1000x worse than it seemed in the pics online. Advantage was clearly in the court of those that lived close enough, or were willing to travel (like me) to the auction house to be there and see the items in person.
IF my lot had been earlier (wouldn't have risked missing my lot for anything) I would have bought enough stuff to profit on, so that the items I got for myself would have been free.

It was my first time at a live auction and it was a ton of fun. I'm glad that it being outed here didn't cost me too much money when it came to other competition (and yes I found out who was bidding against me, and that he was told about it by someone that saw it here first...think before you out stuff.. buncha savages). When the pics for the lot came up, before the auctioneer could say anything I had my bidding card up in the air (met with a round of laughter from my friends) and it didn't come down, and wasn't going to, until the 3 MOC Polish figs were mine. Still at about 1/4 what I'd planned on having to spend if needed.

Cheers
Joe

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Josh said:
I wish more auctions like that were outed. So thanks to the original outer. Didn't bid on anything myself...but hopefully my friend got something after I showed him the list.

Do you like to cock block your mates when they're chatting up a girl at the bar too?

I CAN understand messaging a friend that specifically collects something in the auction in a situation like that,
but outing it publicly is the SW equivalent of just that...cockblocking them. It's like saying....well I don't want anything here, but I DON'T want anyone to get a good deal, so I'm gonna **** them all.
I guarantee that this auction being outed cost me at least an extra 1k on the items I was going for, and 3k if not more for the winner of the Blue Stars. I'm sure the new owner of the Vlix would have gotten it for much less as well. The Kleb...well.... I know the 2 big bidders in that and no one here could have cost them more than they cost one another on that one...lol

Joe

itfciain

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
Josh said:
I wish more auctions like that were outed. So thanks to the original outer. Didn't bid on anything myself...but hopefully my friend got something after I showed him the list.

Do you like to cock block your mates when they're chatting up a girl at the bar too?

I CAN understand messaging a friend that specifically collects something in the auction in a situation like that,
but outing it publicly is the SW equivalent of just that...cockblocking them. It's like saying....well I don't want anything here, but I DON'T want anyone to get a good deal, so I'm gonna **** them all.
I guarantee that this auction being outed cost me at least an extra 1k on the items I was going for, and 3k if not more for the winner of the Blue Stars. I'm sure the new owner of the Vlix would have gotten it for much less as well. The Kleb...well.... I know the 2 big bidders in that and no one here could have cost them more than they cost one another on that one...lol

Joe

To be fair to Liam, who outed the auction, I can guarantee he was not trying to 'cockblock' anyone. He is an enthusiastic collector and does a great job for all of us in terms of finding interesting items across the internet.

It is annoying when something you hope you have exclusivity on become public knowledge but at the end of the day - that is the nature of the beast with the internet.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Joseph_Y said:
Josh said:

Joe

Was something said at the auction house Joe? How can you be so sure that it being out here bumped up prices so considerably?

At the end of the day it sounds like you got a really good deal dude from what youve said so is there really much harm done here?

I would also back up what Iain has said, that Liam is very good at highlighting interesting items to people. He has sent me a number of PM's in recent weeks which was kind of him. Im sure he has done this for numerous others. It is probably the case that Liam felt that as so much was on offer in terms of variety in this auction he felt like throwing it out to a wider audience so to speak. There is no rule about outing auctions like this on these boards and he didnt out it on any other boards as far as I know.

Just my pennies worth.

Chris.

PGowdy

Grand Master
I think you're mixing this forum up with RS Joe. Auctions, interesting sales, ebay listings, private sales, sales on other forums etc etc are often and frequently posted here by various members. To discuss, enjoy a gander, be alerted to and so on just because we're all collectors of these kind of things and it's how it goes.
I've spotted something on ebay before worded wrongly or in the wrong category etc and thought "ooh i might be the only one who sees this.. hope it doesn't get outed..." then it appears on one of the forums for all to see. Sure it's annoying but that's tough ****. Why do i deserve to be the only one to bid on said auction? I'm not sure i understand that "right". Surly the more fair thing is for everyone to see the auction and have their chance. Especially within the forums we enjoy, with the people we chat to and "befriend" therein. (even tho we all want things to ourselves at times and quite understandably. Selfishness is human nature and i'm not above it!).
Also, the point is with these auctions is they're never going to remain a secret within the community. Especially not one with rare items, such as this one had that no doubt get googled by collectors looking for said items every day or so. You were always going to have the big spenders there no mater what. Anyone alerted on a forum who wouldn't have bid had it not been outed is more likely hoping to chance their arm with a few hopeful low bids.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
I'm definitely of the school of thought that the fewer people know about something off the beaten track like this auction was, the better deals there will be for those that do know. I was clued into it by a friend that knew I would want the Polish. I clued other friends that didn't know based on items that I knew they wanted. Stuff like that gets the word out to the right people(focus collectors for specific items), w.o creating any undue competition for the items you want. I'm all for community, but there's a big negative side to auction outing too when you think of it from the buyers perspective.

Cheers
Joe

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
I'm definitely of the school of thought that the fewer people know about something off the beaten track like this auction was, the better deals there will be for those that do know. I was clued into it by a friend that knew I would want the Polish. I clued other friends that didn't know based on items that I knew they wanted. Stuff like that gets the word out to the right people(focus collectors for specific items), w.o creating any undue competition for the items you want. I'm all for community, but there's a big negative side to auction outing too when you think of it from the buyers perspective.

Cheers
Joe

But then those who the auction was hidden from will possibly end up having to buy an item they may have wanted from the auction from someone who did know about it for an inflated resale price. Surely that could be perceived as a "negative" for those who weren't told about the item. No?
What you're saying is it's better for you if an auction you are interested in remains secret so you can get a better deal. Which i agree with. Yes it is better. For you.

itfciain

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
What you're saying is is it's better for you if an auction you are interested in remains secret so you can get a better deal. Which i agree with. Yes it is better. For you.

:D :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom