Yoda discussion thread

Pomse2001

Grand Master
After I saw jedi_masters Yoda figures for sale on the forum. Then I thought why not find my own figures and get them out of the closet and look at them again. Some of them still confuse me. So maybe a Yoda thread can give some light of what the **** I have and maybe others also want to discuss or need help with their Yoda figures.

The first one here is not complete, I found it in a french childhood collection years ago. The cane was missing when I bought it :(

As I understand it. It is Kader China figure. But is it a Meccano ? Is the Cane, snake, belt and cloak unique to this variant or can they be found on other Yoda variants ? :unsure:

As is it the correct cloak, belt and snake for this figure that I have :unsure:

Yoda 261.JPG

Yoda 262.JPG

Yoda 263.JPG

Yoda 264.JPG

Yoda 265.JPG

Yoda 266.JPG

Yoda 267.JPG

Yoda 268.JPG

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maybe I am the only one who loves Yoda 😂 I remember he was sohard to find in the shops in denmark because all kids wanted him, just like boba 😂

Here goes another one, I have checked this 6 figures out and all of them looks to be Lili Ledy. Maybe I will only keep one of them. I am looking and looking do they look the same to you guys ? :unsure:

I will upload picture of the accessories from them later.

P1210399.JPG

P1210401a.jpg

DanSolo

Padawan
I was just happy to have the light green with orange snake variant and the darker green with brown snake variant (as pictured). Now ive gone and done it and realised i need a further variant to go with a POTF yoda coin i have (wltb is here on the forum).
Sadly i cant answer your question about Ledy's, but if noone answers here then the variant villains site might have some info?
20211029_143520.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I was just happy to have the light green with orange snake variant and the darker green with brown snake variant (as pictured). Now ive gone and done it and realised i need a further variant to go with a POTF yoda coin i have (wltb is here on the forum).
Sadly i cant answer your question about Ledy's, but if noone answers here then the variant villains site might have some info?
Nice yoda collection, yes I also look at variant villains site, but sometimes it is also nice to talk with others about it and get something confirmed. I will take some pictures of my light green with orange snake variant, maybe we can compare them to see if we have the same with the same accessories ? :)

DanSolo

Padawan
Nice yoda collection, yes I also look at variant villains site, but sometimes it is also nice to talk with others about it and get something confirmed. I will take some pictures of my light green with orange snake variant, maybe we can compare them to see if we have the same with the same accessories ? :)
Totally agree. Even when I check on those sites I can never be 100% sure. I guess there are minute variations with every figure due to the process.
Yes would like to have a look. I'll get some more pics of mine 👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Totally agree. Even when I check on those sites I can never be 100% sure. I guess there are minute variations with every figure due to the process.
Yes would like to have a look. I'll get some more pics of mine 👍
yes we can't be 100% sure, but more eyes on them can help a lot, thanks (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
If it helps, don't forget the good old Toy of the Week Yoda thread :)

Here's my loose line-up from that one, at least as it stood at the time I posted to the thread ;):
Thanks mate, I use it toy of the week. But I was also looking after some discussion and confirming about Yoda. I have been looking at your pictures and info. So you do not have the meccano or the lili ledy ?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks mate, I use it toy of the week. But I was also looking after some discussion and confirming about Yoda. I have been looking at your pictures and info. So you do not have the meccano or the lili ledy ?
No Meccano, but the bottom right Yoda is Ledy :) . It as sold to me as a PBP, but looking at the Variant Villain website, it seems pretty clear it's actually a Regresso Lili Ledy one.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
No Meccano, but the bottom right Yoda is Ledy :) . It as sold to me as a PBP, but looking at the Variant Villain website, it seems pretty clear it's actually a Regresso Lili Ledy one.
Ok thanks, I just read it as a PBP. Do you think all the ones I have of lili ledy is all Regreso Yoda, I have been looking at them at to me they all look the same, but better to have more eyes to look at them. The coo looks a little bit different on them, I don't think any of the coo is 100% the same 😂

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Ok thanks, I just read it as a PBP. Do you think all the ones I have of lili ledy is all Regreso Yoda, I have been looking at them at to me they all look the same, but better to have more eyes to look at them. The coo looks a little bit different on them, I don't think any of the coo is 100% the same 😂
At the time I posted in the TOTW thread, I thought it was a PBP :(. Apologies for any confusion.

Regarding your Yodas, I'm sorry Lars, but it's really hard for me to say. The Variant Villain website is tremendously helpful, but if you can't pin them down from that, perhaps Jay (@TheJabbaWookie) can help? I believe he helps run that site and is also very knowledgeable on Yodas.

Jeremy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
At the time I posted in the TOTW thread, I thought it was a PBP :(. Apologies for any confusion.

Regarding your Yodas, I'm sorry Lars, but it's really hard for me to say. The Variant Villain website is tremendously helpful, but if you can't pin them down from that, perhaps Jay (@TheJabbaWookie) can help? I believe he helps run that site and is also very knowledgeable on Yodas.

Jeremy
No problem jeremy, thanks for trying (y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Sorry, I don't know. I hate undressing Yodas as it's fiddly to do and risks damaging the cloaks when you put them back on again, so I've never taken most of them off.
Oh I did not know that, but I understand. Not that I ever had any problems with taking them off :) But how do you ID them if you have never had them off ? or do you thrust seller ? :unsure:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Oh I did not know that, but I understand. Not that I ever had any problems with taking them off :) But how do you ID them if you have never had them off ? or do you thrust seller ? :unsure:
I think I trust the seller in some cases, but regardless you can ID many of them by their eye colour and shape, skin colour and accessories. What's of more relevance often is are the accessories original to that particular figure? If you can be sure of that, identification becomes easier, if not, then not. I'm pretty sure some of mine are correctly paired with their accessories, but I wouldn't be surprised if some weren't. Here's the thing though... personally, and in my own collection, I'm often not all that bothered about pairing a Smile accessory with a Smile figure, or a Kader with a Kader. Some people do care about that stuff to the nth degree, and that's fine for them; I won't criticise them, but for me, that's a level of precision that I usually (not always, but usually) aren't really concerned about. For me, it takes a lot of the fun out of things. If a Cloud Car Pilot has an original communicator, but it's not from the same factory as the figure itself, does it matter? To some collectors it does, to me it usually doesn't. I want the accessories to be vintage originals and not repros, but beyond that, I'm usually happy :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think I trust the seller in some cases, but regardless you can ID many of them by their eye colour and shape, skin colour and accessories. What's of more relevance often is are the accessories original to that particular figure? If you can be sure of that, identification becomes easier, if not, then not. I'm pretty sure some of mine are correctly paired with their accessories, but I wouldn't be surprised if some weren't. Here's the thing though... personally, and in my own collection, I'm often not all that bothered about pairing a Smile accessory with a Smile figure, or a Kader with a Kader. Some people do care about that stuff to the nth degree, and that's fine for them; I won't criticise them, but for me, that's a level of precision that I usually (not always, but usually) aren't really concerned about. For me, it takes a lot of the fun out of things. If a Cloud Car Pilot has an original communicator, but it's not from the same factory as the figure itself, does it matter? To some collectors it does, to me it usually doesn't. I want the accessories to be vintage originals and not repros, but beyond that, I'm usually happy :)

Yes some can we ID by other things. I also agree about weapons. But if a figure was only sold with a orange snake then I think a brown one is not okay for my figures.

Pomse2001

Grand Master

I have just checked my 4th unitoy yoda that one came from a danish childhood lot and all parts looks like to be unitoy, now I have something to compare with for the other 3. Looks like 3 of them is Orange Eyes and 1 is Cherry Eyes. Do you also call them Orange Eyes ? :unsure:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes some can we ID by other things. I also agree about weapons. But if a figure was only sold with a orange snake then I think a brown one is not okay for my figures.
I agree about the snakes, but of course that assumes I know which colour they should come with in the first place! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom