SWFUK

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Taffius » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:51 pm

s1d0w wrote:Hello all,
My first post, so I should introduce myself:
Name: Simon
Age: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care!
Residence: New Forest
Collecting Focus: Initially finishing off my loose 3 3/4" collection (namely Blue Snaggletooth, variations & Droids and Ewoks)

Looking forward to chat and advice from fellow forum members.

Hi Simon. Welcome and FF on your doorstep! Handy a few times a year!

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:13 am

Welcome Simon to the forum :D

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Todays a special day for me today. Its my SWF 1st Anniversary.

Ok, I have more modern than vintage currently.

However finding items and good value I think is at the heart of some other collections too.

So much more planned on the horizon but wanted to post how great its been on here and how many fellow collectors I owe a great big thanks to. So many great people met and some I have not had the privilage to meet face to face yet.

It all started here so thanks Edd and all the other contributers for making it such an awesome place to be!

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Taffius wrote:Todays a special day for me today. Its my SWF 1st Anniversary.

However finding items and good value I think is at the heart of some other collections too.

So much more planned on the horizon but wanted to post how great its been on here and how many fellow collectors I owe a great big thanks to. So many great people met and some I have not had the privilage to meet face to face yet.

It all started here so thanks Edd and all the other contributers for making it such an awesome place to be!

Happy Anniversary Taff 8)
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Ruby2511 wrote:
Taffius wrote:Todays a special day for me today. Its my SWF 1st Anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Taff 8)

Cheers Russ. Its been a great year! :D

Phil2174
New User
New User

Postby Phil2174 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi all
I've recently been left a starwars collection that I now wish to sell. I am now doing some research as to what I've actually got.

Cheers
Phil

cmoorhouse
New User
New User

Postby cmoorhouse » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Ey up all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for the last couple of years now, gradually building up a focused collection on Evilbay and the FB groups. Have used the SWFUK for a lot of cross referencing, and hoping to gte more involved in the ongoing discussions to further my knowledge of the hobby and its endless facets!!

Started collecting again after leaving the hobby and selling my original collection back in 2000. Focusing on what I thought initially would be an easy choice on mail away offer mailers, and all related items. How little I knew then lol!! the breadth of this 'niche' focus is crazy. Still lots to learn but hope to pull to eventually pull together a collection with items from all of the vintage markets. Baby steps!

Attached is a group shot taken recently of the mail away items Ive snagged to date, not included are supporting offer adverts / cardbacks / catalogues / manufacturer letters etc.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris
Attachments
sw.jpg
sw.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 am

Phil2174 wrote:Hi all
I've recently been left a starwars collection that I now wish to sell. I am now doing some research as to what I've actually got.

Cheers
Phil

Hi phil, welcome to the forum. Good luck with the sale :D

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:06 am

cmoorhouse wrote:Ey up all,

I have been a lurker on the forum for the last couple of years now, gradually building up a focused collection on Evilbay and the FB groups. Have used the SWFUK for a lot of cross referencing, and hoping to gte more involved in the ongoing discussions to further my knowledge of the hobby and its endless facets!!

Started collecting again after leaving the hobby and selling my original collection back in 2000. Focusing on what I thought initially would be an easy choice on mail away offer mailers, and all related items. How little I knew then lol!! the breadth of this 'niche' focus is crazy. Still lots to learn but hope to pull to eventually pull together a collection with items from all of the vintage markets. Baby steps!

Attached is a group shot taken recently of the mail away items Ive snagged to date, not included are supporting offer adverts / cardbacks / catalogues / manufacturer letters etc.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris, nice collection. Frank is the big baggie and mail away collector on the forum. I am sure you can talk with him if you need some help with your collection :D

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Yeah welcome Chris that's a different collection, very nice. :shock:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

ScruffyLookingNH
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby ScruffyLookingNH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome, Chris. Awesome mailer collection! Please do start a showcase here:

viewforum.php?f=2

And please, please start with those three Palitoy mailer boxes you have front and centre :D Love seeing what's out there. Survival kit mailer on the right? Never seen a posted one before :mrgreen:

poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby poncho » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 am

Wow look all that white and brown goodness as per above comment. Do a showcase thread fella and welcome aboard

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Welcome, Chris. Fantastic mailer collection. Would love to see it in more detail when you get the chance.

Chris
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:49 am

Phil2174 wrote:Hi all

Cheers
Phil

Hi Phil. Best place to be then! :D

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am

cmoorhouse wrote:

All the best and MTFBWY!

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome. Cant wait to see all this in greater detail! :D

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”