SWFUK

Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Mabawsa
New User
New User

Re: Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Postby Mabawsa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Name: Richy
Single/married: Married
Residence: Scottish Borders
Kids: Yes
Pets: 3 dogs
Collecting Focus: Just picking up a few items I had as a kid.
Character Focus: none
Wants list: A good Millenium Falcon and Compulsion Gallery items. My aunt is leaving me the large Darth Vadar in her will, so would be nice to pick up a few others.

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Mabawsa wrote:Name: Richy
Kids: Yes
Pets: 3 dogs
Collecting Focus: Just picking up a few items I had as a kid.
Character Focus: none
Wants list: A good Millenium Falcon and Compulsion Gallery items. My aunt is leaving me the large Darth Vadar in her will, so would be nice to pick up a few others.

Hi Richy, welcome to the forum mate, lots of nice fellow collectors here, good luck with your collecting :D
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Mabawsa wrote:Name: Richy

:o Hi Richy and welcome to the site. An awesome place for vintage goodness!

titusillu
New User
New User

Postby titusillu » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the group:

Name: Titus
Residence: Berlin / Germany
Kids: Boy and Girl
Collecting Focus: Carry Cases and Landspeeder
Character Focus: Stormtrooper
Wants list: right now looking for laser Rifle Case with cardboard box, canadian Vader Case, canadian Vinyl EsB Yoda Case

Life as a freelancer can be pretty stressful, but Star Wars (and some other Toylines of the 80ties mostly) are my retreat. I was mad about the toys as a boy, completed my loose set during student times, but it wasnt until 1998/99 that the collecting actually started. Luckily i got the stuff I really wanted before prices increased.

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:01 pm

titusillu wrote:Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the group:

Wants list: right now looking for laser Rifle Case with cardboard box, canadian Vader Case, canadian Vinyl EsB Yoda Case

Life as a freelancer can be pretty stressful, but Star Wars (and some other Toylines of the 80ties mostly) are my retreat. I was mad about the toys as a boy, completed my loose set during student times, but it wasnt until 1998/99 that the collecting actually started. Luckily i got the stuff I really wanted before prices increased.

Hi Titus, welcome to the forum mate :D

Lots of really nice folks on here.....enjoy 8)
Hi i'm Russ

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Taffius
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Taffius » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 pm

titusillu wrote:Hi everybody, just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the group:

Name: Titus.

Hi Titus and many warm welcomes. Its a great place to be!

Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes, welcome Titus! This forum is a great place with lots of friendly and knowledgeable people, so stick around and enjoy yourself :-)

Jeremy

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum Titus and Richy :D

Plastikheld
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby Plastikheld » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Ahoi mate, great to see you here. To be honest - if you like vintage-forum-action, this is the place to be ... :wink:
http://www.condition10.de | Diary of a Star Wars Action-Figure Collector | Follow me on Image

waxman
New User
New User

Postby waxman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:29 am

name: Chris
Residence: Austin/Texas
Kids: x2 Girls
Collecting Focus: vintage and new
Character Focus: girls love Ahsoka, my vintage collection skews to Vader

Just joining the group, haven't been actively collecting since the late 90's, and really was most active in the old usenet RASS before star wars got so big they split it into multiple groups. I used to collect mostly loose since I was a poor college kid at the time, but I do have some carded figures, and my oldest convinced me to dig them out tonight. One in particular brought me to your forum- Princess Leia Bespin turtleneck 45 back ROTJ, 45C, Palitoy, with Netherlands/Dutch clipper white sticker as shown on Mr Palitoy https://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm. Just seemed really unusual, but I used to trade with a Dutchman in college via the usenet (before ebay) and I acquired the figure from him in 96/97 so I figured I'd ping this European group. Seems like it's a pretty rare figure? Thanks ya'll!

UKS
Regular
Regular

Postby UKS » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello! The post above triggered my registering! I am a very old school Star Wars fan (Posting on theforce.net/Texas A&M since the late nineties!)

I collected my original set of loose figures back... well I never stopped actually. I obviously had a fair few figures from the first time I entered Debenhams looking for Space Britains figures, and finding ESB stuff! I was about 4, and I bought with my birthday money an X-wing, Leia Bespin fatigues, an Ugnaught (or two!) and maybe Luke Skywalker Xwing fatigues. This must have been around xmas 1981? Maybe 1982? I collected pretty much solidly from then until the end of the range. You know, the standard AT-AT for one xmas, a Falcon for another, a TIE interceptor for another! As a poor child I was always into cheap deals at ASDA etc - So I picked up some of the final range off the shelves then. (EV 9D9, Imperial Gunner, Lando General fatigues, Romba etc) then picked up things like the Rancor boxed in Fine Fair for about 3 pound, bags of bagged figures at the same location, a few pound. (Sand people, General Madine, ANH Luke, etc etc) I picked the rest my figures up in the late eighties/early nineties from car boot sales and newspaper ads. Most at rock bottom prices. (10p a Stormtrooper, so picked up about a dozen!)

I put my collection to bed around the mid/late nineties when the new POTF figures came out and they out ran my (feeble!) student spending power! Girls and beer also got in the way...

Fast forward twenty years... I saw an article about the toy store with the large horde of old toys. This has always been my dream! Walking into an Aladdins cave of old toys! This led me to Vectis.

Vectis led me to the darkside. I am now about 30ish MOC(ish) figures into a MOC Star Wars Kenner set.

I've joined the forum (basically) so I can finish that set off. I am trying to not spend mad money on this, but it seems some figures have gotten really pricey MOC.

I am not card precious, as I only ever had one "original back" card as a kid. (Greedo) Mine where mostly ESB, ROTJ and Trilogo. (Luckily I still have a lot of the backs, as I stored them away - With the names cut out alas so I could get my Nien Numb, Ackbar etc!)

Anyway, I am married with children and due to the nature of my work, I stay as "UKS" on the galactic interweb!

Short version for the bored: I am here for reasonably priced carded (real not replica) SW figures.

UKS

Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Ruby2511 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have an impressive collection, hopefully you can complete your moc's here as we have some really great members on here.

Russ
Hi i'm Russ

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Mini99 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi to our new European, US and UK members, I’m sure that you will enjoy your time here.
Welcome.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Pomse2001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:51 am

Chris welcome to the forum :wink:

titusillu
New User
New User

Postby titusillu » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:24 am

Plastikheld wrote:

Ahoi mate, great to see you here. To be honest - if you like vintage-forum-action, this is the place to be ... :wink:

Cheers plasticheld and thanks for the warm welcome!!!

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”