Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Here you can browse the popular 'toy of the week' threads which focus on particular characters or vehicles.
User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2):
r2.jpg
r2.jpg (60.62 KiB) Viewed 554 times

User avatar
s1d0w
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by s1d0w » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Post deleted (Wrong figure)
Last edited by s1d0w on Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Alisdairmac
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Alisdairmac » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:02 pm

s1d0w wrote:My Solid Dome is on holiday but here are the other two.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.57.01.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.57.09.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 21.56.50.png
Those are really nice. And great photos

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3369
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Mini99 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:03 pm

Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3261
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:29 pm

Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?
Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3261
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:34 pm

Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.
Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg (94.88 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg (85.37 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg (63.09 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg (277.23 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg (278.07 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg (256.99 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg
Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg (132 KiB) Viewed 535 times

User avatar
apack7229
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by apack7229 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:15 am

Here’s mine. The one with the leg is not from the droid factory set. I got it and an r5 out of a space case and the original owner wrapped masking tape around the top of the third leg to make it stay.
Attachments
07A53E74-6757-41C4-8D60-615362C80D76.jpeg
07A53E74-6757-41C4-8D60-615362C80D76.jpeg (206.05 KiB) Viewed 526 times

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3369
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Mini99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:18 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?
Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy
Do I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!

User avatar
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3369
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Mini99 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:20 am

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?
Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy
So I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:39 am

Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?
Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy
Thanks jeremy :D

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:44 am

Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg
Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3261
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg
Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:
Thanks Lars. It's the original bubble and figure that came with that card.

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3261
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:
Mini99 wrote:Lars,
Will this one cover all 3 3/4 inch R2’s?
ie: solid dome, sensorscope and pop up?
Hi Nick, I can answer that one. No, there are separate entries for each figure.

Jeremy
Do I assume that this is for the solid dome, the first posts pictures confused me... I know that it doesn’t take much!
Yes, this thread is for the solid dome R2.

Lars' Main 'Toy of the Week' thread (http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =1&t=35554) lists separate threads for this R2-D2 (item #1), the Sensorscope version (item #44 http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =1&t=38090, which you did post in ;-)), and the pop-up saber version (item #82 on his list, although we haven't had that thread posted yet).

Hope that helps :-)

User avatar
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter
Posts: 3261
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:39 pm

apack7229 wrote:Here’s mine. The one with the leg is not from the droid factory set. I got it and an r5 out of a space case and the original owner wrapped masking tape around the top of the third leg to make it stay.
Nice collection. Thanks for sharing :-)

User avatar
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Star Wars Toy of the Week, Week 14, 2019, Part 2/2

Post by Pomse2001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
Pomse2001 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:Time for the original and best R2, Lars? Good choice! I loved this figure dearly as a child, even if the dome and sticker weren't exactly movie accurate!

I have 3 loose variants; a dark blue dome paint, a light blue dome paint, and a Taiwan green/blue dome paint. I have also photographed the COO's, but they didn't show up very well, so I have darkened a set in Photoshop to make them easier to read.

Lastly, I have another reseal.

Dusty Bin Tribute - 01.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 02.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 03.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 04.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 05.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 06.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 07.jpg

Dusty Bin Tribute - 08.jpg
Wow nice r2-d2 variants, thanks for sharing all the great pictures and that resealed could have tricked me it looks like a moc :shock: ok I am not a palitoy moc expert so I do not know if the bubble is wrong so I would not get tricked if I had done the research :? :lol:
Thanks Lars. It's the original bubble and figure that came with that card.
That is so cool, thanks mate for the info 8)

Post Reply