SWFUK

Lost And Found

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
tobeshadow
Regular
Regular

Lost And Found

Postby tobeshadow » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:29 pm

My parents have been revamping the garden in the house I grew up in, so I asked them to fill a pot with any piece of random looking plastic they might find, hoping of course that they might stumble on a lost trove of vintage weapons or vehicle parts! I went to see them today, and alas what they'd found was mostly broken bits of flower pots and garden tools, and the severed leg from a Batman figure, but hidden amongst the debris were these two beauties!

One right landing gear from an ISP-6 Minirig and the visor from an Action Force Muton figure, rather scuffed up but in surprisingly good condition for 30+ years outdoors! Not the most exciting pieces in the world I know, but something incredibly satisfying about putting childhood originals back into my collection, however battered and bent out of shape they are! My parents got to have a good laugh at my excitement over random plastic too!

I know there is more stuff hidden out there, so I suspect my parent's garden will soon look like the dig site in Raiders Of The Lost Ark!
Good hunting all! :)

Mini99
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Lost And Found

Postby Mini99 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Congratulations in finding those missing pieces, goes to show how long plastic will last out side with out deteriorating.
But I would keep it quiet or those that believe in the Palitoy Landfill will be round... :lol:

tobeshadow
Regular
Regular

Postby tobeshadow » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks Mini99! Hahahaha, that's ok...Their staff is too long!!

Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Snaketibe » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Yes, well done! How nice to be reunited with a long-lost piece of your childhood, however small :-)

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Ha! Amazing you found them, nice one.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

Alisdairmac
Regular
Regular

Postby Alisdairmac » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm

tobeshadow wrote:My parents have been revamping the garden in the house I grew up in, so I asked them to fill a pot with any piece of random looking plastic they might find, hoping of course that they might stumble on a lost trove of vintage weapons or vehicle parts! I went to see them today, and alas what they'd found was mostly broken bits of flower pots and garden tools, and the severed leg from a Batman figure, but hidden amongst the debris were these two beauties!

One right landing gear from an ISP-6 Minirig and the visor from an Action Force Muton figure, rather scuffed up but in surprisingly good condition for 30+ years outdoors! Not the most exciting pieces in the world I know, but something incredibly satisfying about putting childhood originals back into my collection, however battered and bent out of shape they are! My parents got to have a good laugh at my excitement over random plastic too!

I know there is more stuff hidden out there, so I suspect my parent's garden will soon look like the dig site in Raiders Of The Lost Ark!
Good hunting all! :)

Love it

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”