Were B Wing vehicles shrink wrapped?

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Jsm20982
New User
New User

Were B Wing vehicles shrink wrapped?

Post by Jsm20982 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Have been offered a vintage B Wing (1984 I think) which is sealed by shrink wrapping. Was this done back then as I cannot recall any vehicle/rig etc that was sealed this way. Don’t want to purchase said item if there was a chance this was done at a later date.

Looks genuine enough just want reassurance that they were sealed this way along with the traditional sellotape method. Regards.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Were B Wing vehicles shrink wrapped?

Post by Snaketibe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:57 pm

I am not aware of any vintage Star Wars ship ever coming shrink-wrapped. It's possible some may have been somewhere and at some point during the original production run, but I think it's far more likely someone has shrink-wrapped yours at a later date.

Jeremy

edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

Post by edd_jedi » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:13 am

I hve seen some European (possibly German?) shrink wrapped vehicles. Kenner and Palitoy vehicles did not. I would assume any shrink wrap was applied by stores rather than the manufacturer. Personally (as a collector of video games) I don't trust shrink wrap, it's way too easy to fake.

walkie
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by walkie » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Glasslite and the odd German Tie & X-Wing. Anything else I'd suspect it to be non factory wrapped.
Wanted: Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Meccano, Canadian Instruction Sheets, $$$ waiting!!

Visit My Vintage Paperwork Limelight Click Me!
The Glasslite Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me! & The Droids Guide & Discussion Thread Click Me!

Christian
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Post by Christian » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:18 pm

walkie wrote:Glasslite and the odd German Tie & X-Wing. Anything else I'd suspect it to be non factory wrapped.
Tie & Landspeeder were available in Germany shrinkwrapped and agreed anything else is non-factory.
GW Acrylic - Bespoke Acrylic Display Products - MOC, Loose, Mailers and Accessories: http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk