Found an old photo with some vintage SW

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Found an old photo with some vintage SW

Post by subzero »

Me and my mate 1990/91.
Attachments
IMG_20200623_170252.jpg
IMG_20200623_170252.jpg (99.76 KiB) Viewed 864 times
Last edited by subzero on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You don't own your toys, you only borrow them until you sell them or die!

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Found an old photo with some vintage SW

Post by theforceuk »

Very cool, love the visors as well. :lol:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

Great photo but you make me feel old! 1991 I was buying SW again as a collector :shock: :lol:
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Cool photo, even if it makes me feel old too! :lol:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

theforceuk wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Very cool, love the visors as well. :lol:
I think my mom might have bought them for us on one of our family holidays, they were awesome! :lol:

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

Sorry for making everyone feel old haha! :lol:

I think I lived through a pretty unique perspective in terms of vintage SW toys, to me they were very much a mainstream popular thing right up to about the same time this photo was taken I think, even a couple of my friends had them and actively played with them, and my parents still bought them for us from shops up till around 1990.

I was completely unaware of any kind of collector market and had no clue if people out there lost interest in them or not, it was only when it got to around 1996/97 did I start realising they were collectable & valuable pieces and not just toys, from hearing about it from friends I think and then starting to hear talk about vintage toys from different places after the special edition trilogy was released. The first time I became a collector was in 2002 when I realised some shops actually sell them.

So in a weird way I experienced all the same timeline of events as you guys did only it was delayed by at least a decade.

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

subzero wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:01 pm
It's basically the only one out of my entire family's photo collection that shows any vintage SW toys, it's me and one of my best mates at the time playing in my back garden. That's me on the right, and no that isn't me using my little brother as a Rancor because we couldn't afford one, he's just acting like a monster for some reason. :lol:

I think this was about 1990/91, and it was the exact day when my mate ( pictured ) famously bust a leg on the AT-AT and was forever hated by my older brother ( he still mentions it even today ). :? :lol:

Thought I'd share it. :)

IMG_20200623_170252.jpg
Cool picture from your childhood :wink: and fantastic that you have pictures from your childhood with star wars toy, all the toy that is on my pictures from my childhood is lego :lol:

Maybe disney can use your little brother in the next star wars movie as a Rancor :lol: and maybe you should help your older brother and buy him a AT-AT leg so he will not mention it anymore :lol:

poncho
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by poncho »

I miss those sun visor hats. They were the cool

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

poncho wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 am
I miss those sun visor hats. They were the cool
I had a blue one when I was a kid :lol:

StarWarsFan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by StarWarsFan »

Thanks for sharing.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Admin please delete

Post by weasel »

@subzero @spoons @Pomse2001 @peekaygee73

Guys I have deleted a handful of posts here as the thread went well off topic, even for this place, and into the messy world of what is and isn’t racism.
I’m not making any comment on who was “right” or “wrong” and none of you are in trouble (as if this was school lol) I’m merely trying to keep this thread on topic and stop any arguments before they develop. I think that’s what us Mods are supposed to do. Lol

If you do want to continue your discussion, I would suggest PM’s are the way to go.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

weasel wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:23 pm

Guys I have deleted a handful of posts here as the thread went well off topic, even for this place, and into the messy world of what is and isn’t racism.
I’m not making any comment on who was “right” or “wrong” and none of you are in trouble (as if this was school lol) I’m merely trying to keep this thread on topic and stop any arguments before they develop. I think that’s what us Mods are supposed to do. Lol

If you do want to continue your discussion, I would suggest PM’s are the way to go.
Thank you.

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by weasel »

subzero wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:49 pm
weasel wrote:

Thank you.
You should be able to repost your initial comments in the OP. If not let me know what you want in it and I will put It back in for you and delete this post.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

subzero
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by subzero »

weasel wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:34 pm
subzero wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:49 pm
weasel wrote:

Thank you.
You should be able to repost your initial comments in the OP. If not let me know what you want in it and I will put It back in for you and delete this post.
Thanks, it's okay I'll just add in a basic comment just to keep the photo here. Cheers.

spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

weasel wrote:

Inappropriate quote removed - edd_jedi

A shame Weasel but not particularly surprising. After a long association with SWFUK I think I'm done. Would have hoped that your attitudes might have changed over the years too.
http://www.vintagestarwarsdiecast.co.uk for all your vintage die cast needs