James Martin / Waltham Wookiee

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
edd_jedi
Admin
Admin

James Martin / Waltham Wookiee

Post by edd_jedi »

I'm very sorry to let you all know that forum member James Martin AKA Waltham Wookiee has sadly passed away. I have known James for a number of years and met him many times at events and socials. He was well liked within the hobbies social groups, and will be a big loss. I also have a couple of MOCs that came from him, which will now hold a special place in my collection.

RIP James, I'm sure you will all join me in offering sincere condolences to his friends and family.

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: James Martin / Waltham Wookiee

Post by mr_palitoy »

Proper gutted. James was a great collecting friend. Saw him on many star wars socials in Fordingbridge, Redditch and various celebrations to name just a few.

We collected helix at around the same time together and I was lucky enough to get first dibs on his collection when he moved it on a couple of years ago. These pieces will have a special place now.

I also got to see his trilogo and Chewbacca collections before he moved those on and moved into action force.

I think my best story involving James was the infamous old Rosie night in Ringwood where I fell asleep in the curry house and can't remember most of the night. He found me locked out of the White Star were we were staying at half one in he morning, unable to speak and about to wet myself as I couldn't work out how to get back in as they had locked the doors. Anyway, James ensured I got back to my room ok. Much appreciated fella!

I also had the pleasure of having him stay with us for several weeks when he was in London doing his barbers apprenticeship. A gentlemen and a top bloke.

RIP James
Last edited by mr_palitoy on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

What tragic news. I may not have known him personally, but this is still a very sad thing to hear.

My sincere condolences to all his friends and family.

Rest in peace.

x-pack
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by x-pack »

He was a good fella. I didn't know James personally but he was one of those chaps who would come up and say hello at events. I remember him from Farthest From. One of the lads 8)

Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

I do not remember I have ever writen or talked with James, but I have seen some of his threads and pictures of his great collection.

RIP James

and my sincere condolences to his friends and family

SublevelStudios
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by SublevelStudios »

He put up one hell of a fight - took a lot of strength and courage to do that and it appeared at one stage he looked like he's won, or had certainly got the upper hand.

Still have the SWFUK mug he did for the forum a few years ago. He always did some cool swag for Celebrations! Remember that VME tool he did as a bottle opener?

I helped him put together his Helix run and there was a time we messaged each other almost daily, but over time he slipped away from Star Wars and went after Action Force.

So sad to see anyone go before their time but even moreso when it's someone you knew.

RIP James.
Attachments
DSCN3856.JPG
DSCN3856.JPG (116.18 KiB) Viewed 810 times
DSCN3855.JPG
DSCN3855.JPG (112.08 KiB) Viewed 810 times
DSCN3983.JPG
DSCN3983.JPG (166.58 KiB) Viewed 810 times
DSCN3987.JPG
DSCN3987.JPG (176.65 KiB) Viewed 810 times

Darth Bobby
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Darth Bobby »

Incredibly sad news. Met him many times at the meet ups and various events. He sold me one of my very first MOCs. I heard that he was poorly but imagined he’d be okay. Rest in peace James.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

Thanks for the heads up, Edd. Really sad news. I didn't know James, but he always came across as a really nice guy. Way, way too young :( My thoughts are with his family.
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

He had one of the best AF/Joe collections I have seen online. So many very hard to get MOC Hasbro AFs.

Very sad.

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

Unbelievably sad news.
I had met and spoke with James at a few FF and toy fairs a really nice guy.
He did a payment plan so that I could add a MOC to my collection that will now hold memories of him, and of course the SWFUK Christmas tee shirt he designed a few years ago.
RIP.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Grant_C »

Absolutely gutted. :cry:
Attachments
361C25BD-A82F-4BB6-9DD9-FDA2940A28FF.jpeg
361C25BD-A82F-4BB6-9DD9-FDA2940A28FF.jpeg (155.52 KiB) Viewed 768 times

tobedesu
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by tobedesu »

RIP.
Just saw this on instagram.
I never knew him personally, only through being on here, and I think he had a stall at a couple of Echo Lives.

Clarkspie&chips
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Clarkspie&chips »

I met James at a few Farthest From’s and he was always easy to approach and have a chat about any old guff.
I had no idea he was ill so this has come as a real shock.

RIP Waltham Wookiee

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

Very sad news, my condolences to his friends and family at this sad time.
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

TheJabbaWookie
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TheJabbaWookie »

That is very sad news. Didn’t realise he had been ill. I never had the opportunity to meet him but saw the photos of the London meets he attended. RIP