Repro stormtroopers

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Repro stormtroopers

Post by Pomse2001 »

Have any of you seen this repro stormies, it looks like they a vintage stamp on the legs 1977, very bad and not easy to spot on a picture :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154397287067?_ ... noapp=true
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Repro stormtroopers

Post by theforceuk »

These have been around for a while, really not good. You can’t help thinking with the 1977 stamp they have been made to deceive.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'
Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stubbs »

This is killing it for me. The reproduction's and vintage collection and retro collection combined with the increase in prices for basic moc's has taken the enjoyment out of it for me. I completed my loose run about 4 years ago and wanted to get every figure on a Jedi card thinking it would be achievable but even that's out of reach with some basic figures fetching £200 biker scout and emperors royal guard to name a few.
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

Stubbs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm
This is killing it for me. The reproduction's and vintage collection and retro collection combined with the increase in prices for basic moc's has taken the enjoyment out of it for me. I completed my loose run about 4 years ago and wanted to get every figure on a Jedi card thinking it would be achievable but even that's out of reach with some basic figures fetching £200 biker scout and emperors royal guard to name a few.
Yeah I know what you mean, £400 for a Luke Jedi!
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

theforceuk wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:36 pm
These have been around for a while, really not good. You can’t help thinking with the 1977 stamp they have been made to deceive.
I agree, ok seller write they are repro. But what if the buyer sell them as vintage :? then we have the problem until the new buyer learn that they are repro.
Pomse2001
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Pomse2001 »

Stubbs wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:00 pm
I agree it is not as fun and the enjoyment is also not what it was years ago, prices are fucking high, to much repro and some things are just much harder to find than it was years ago, but I still try to keep the spirit high.