i feel like a dumbass on here

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
let me explain , ive been collecting for some time , but never thought that starwars collecting was this big

i mean i knew it was big but , for the short time iam on here i seen so many new words and abbrevations(is this word correct, i mean things like coo and uc9 etc)

never noticed that theire were so many variations on the fig. aswell , checked mine out aswell and ive got quit a few variations

also whats a lily ledy , i heard u grades suck but cant find the topic but i think it's something to do with getting moc fig of the card and grade them , isnt this a waist of time isnt a moc fig always in perfect condition i mean it's still in the package

what other grades are theire, are they good

how do people grade theire fig i mean what are the diff. grades you can get and how do you decide what grade your fig have

thanks for the input , and hopefully i'l get a bit smarter

jimmymindtricks

>>>>>>>>>>>YOU WILL TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW <<<<<<<<<<

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience. Much anger in him, like his father. He's not ready.

plantman

Sith Lord
Ill try and be brief :)

Lili Ledy is Mexican produced Star Wars figures (Lili Ledy Factory) cardback marked LIli Ledy, and lots of variations of figures as well.

U graded figures dont suck, its just the high prices are making people destroy good carded figures for profit.

Grading figures adds value and preserves them, its always good for rare examples, or if you personally want them graded. You can just buy a case to save money.

There is an abbreviations thread on here (ill let someone else find it) COO = country Of Origin ie Hong Kong

Josh

Sith Lord
Capetown said:
I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience. Much anger in him, like his father. He's not ready.

OMFG I nearly pissed myself....that's gold Emiel :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Also just because a figure is still on card or in a baggie does not mean it is mint..Remember they have rattle around in that bubble for decades.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4789

Try that thread, any other questions just ask.
I wouldn't worry too much I've been on here for 4 or 5 years and I still know ****ing nothing (as most people quickly realise!)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
weasel said:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4789

Try that thread, any other questions just ask.
I wouldn't worry too much I've been on here for 4 or 5 years and I still know ****ing nothing (as most people quickly realise!)

Dont let him fool ya..He has a Steven Sansweet blow-up doll.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Josh said:
Capetown said:

OMFG I nearly pissed myself....that's gold Emiel :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the laugh emiel, that's sentence is brilliant. I keep it in my sig for a while if you don't mind?

spoons

Grand Master
jimmymindtricks said:
i mean things like uc9 etc)

>>>>>>>>>>>YOU WILL TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW <<<<<<<<<<

I'm with you there Jimmy - what's UC9?

browny

Jedi Master
I'm with you totally about feeling a bit of a dumbass on here,there are some hardcore collections owned by some of the guys on here!and my knowledge is rubbish compared to many,but stick with it and learn as you go mate.

In my opinion vintage star wars collecting is a minefield and I lose interest from time to time (normally after bad purchasing experiences) but stick with it nonetheless because I like it.

My advise to you is stick to 1 main focus ie;loose figures and also have a small side focus ie;jawas,coins,cardbacks,modern....whatever floats the boat.I actually use vintage star wars as my side focus (I collect gi joe mainly)

This is the best place to be for advice and just ask whenever stuck,I do and have asked some rubbish questions in the past,at the very least you'l get some fun banter back,at the most you may even get the answer to the question you initially asked :D

Thanks stef

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
thanks everyone , specialy emiel that made me cry :D

another question , are theire coo stamps that are more rare then otrhers

how about fig with no coo what does this mean are those lily ledy

ive got a speedre bike with no coo

also i have a couple of speeder bikes and when taken a part , same parts of different speedres are marked a or b or c

anything rare with those

reason i ask is i know of place that has boxes of loose fig

and if i could get some knowledge on this i could buy all the rare once 8)

so do i have this straight lily ledy are the most rare once and because of that more expencieve

thanks in advance

aussiejames

Sith Lord
http://www.lichtgeschwindigkeit.de/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3812 some LL info.
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5278 some speeder bikes

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
ive seen that ll info before and again it makes no sence to me

one time it has a coo

sometimes it dont

sometimes the ll have more detail sometimes it dont

sometimes the only way to know is by the weapon

so how do you know that the weapon is on the correct fig

anyway tanks learned a great deal so far

jimmymindtricks

danaustin1975

Youngling
I know how you are finding it hard to distinguish figures etc jimmymindtricks, I found the same when I first started, it takes awhile but you could always look online such as the links that have been posted so far etc, or buy the John Kellerman star wars guide (if you're really serious about getting into collecting):

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vintage-Action-Figures/dp/0972378006

You can pick one up cheaper than that, just by putting up a wtb on the classifieds might get you somewhere. I don't know what the other guys think (I've just joined this forum technically). Of course you can pick up other cheaper books for around a fiver or ten pounds, maybe some guys on here would know a good publication.

I'm still getting to grips with Lily Ledy, I still don't know the difference between figures, all I know is the ultra rare ones, which are obvious, such as a removable hood jawa, removable rocket boba fett, red cape squid head and burgundy cape bib fortuna. Anything else is well, foreign lol.

Dan

jimmymindtricks

Jedi Master
thanks for the input i def , got to check that book out

i have alot of collectors books already but theire prtetty much out of date on valueation

one is has good info on cardbacks , cant remeber ll , i'l check that out tonight

anybody out theire with a copy for sale hit me up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom