SWFUK

Episode 9...your personal feelings

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.
25%
I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.
37%
I'm on the fence.
8%
If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.
8%
Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.
23%

Total votes: 52

Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Episode 9...your personal feelings

Postby Snaketibe » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 pm

UKS wrote:Less excited than waiting for Caravan Of Courage.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GLucas
New User
New User

Postby GLucas » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:32 pm

I've watched TFA on the big screen and it was kind of ok to me. But I was mainly triggered by the Falcon, Han and Chewie, nostalgic moments sipping on a beer. Didn't watch TLJ on big screen first waiting some weeks because of negative speculation about the movie. So I decided to watch it after big screen time and I got lost. They had a chance to make it big, but to be honest: it's not that good after all.

Could JJ fix all this? I have no idea, but I think we will get enough sun flares after all... 8) But seriously: I sincere hope that this last episode will show some respect to this broad and vast fanbase. Further more I hope that it will do good to the lovely memory of Carrie Fisher. Fingers crossed... :wink:

grinchy
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby grinchy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm excited to see how it all ends for the skywalker saga, I liked last Jedi, I'm guessing it'll be epic :D
IF I WOKE UP TOMMOROW WITH MY HEAD SEWN TO THE CARPET I WOULDN'T BE MORE SURPRISED THAN I AM NOW
YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Can't wait 8) 8)
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Paul1976
New User
New User

Postby Paul1976 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 am

Perhaps unlike most I enjoyed TFA and TLJ even more. They are not the orginal trilogy which stands alone to my mind. Thus direct comparison is unhelpful and they should be viewed as movies in there own right.

So yes I will be going and hopefully with both kids in tow - but might not be able to take the youngest if its another 12 rated. Or is there flex in that these days? She'll be gutted if she misses out!

P
My feedback thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=38728

Darth Bobby
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Darth Bobby » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:17 pm

Not sure if it’s fake or real but this poster just popped up online. Looks pretty cool.
Attachments
B38B0D73-6660-4437-9E84-8DDADA769592.jpeg
B38B0D73-6660-4437-9E84-8DDADA769592.jpeg (108.82 KiB) Viewed 487 times

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Looks legit to me. Based on various previous leaks from "qualified" sources it has some of those elements. The Knights of Ren, the female character in purple, 3PO with Chewie's bandoleer and bowcaster etc have all been leaked previously.

Interesting to see the old Y-Wings are back. I guess Disney conceded that the bombers in TLJ didn't go down too well. :lol: It doesn't really strike me overall. Looks a little bit like a first draft by a junior graphic designer. Nothing is firing up any intrigue here for me, but I can admit I am being a little cautious over Ep9.

Does anyone else feel a bit odd about having no Skywalkers on a Skywalker saga film poster? I suppose you could argue Kylo is a Skywalker, but no prequel, original or sequel trilogy film poster has done this before...
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Snaketibe
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Snaketibe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 pm

TK-7785 wrote:Looks legit to me. Based on various previous leaks from "qualified" sources it has some of those elements. The Knights of Ren, the female character in purple, 3PO with Chewie's bandoleer and bowcaster etc have all been leaked previously.

Interesting to see the old Y-Wings are back. I guess Disney conceded that the bombers in TLJ didn't go down too well. :lol: It doesn't really strike me overall. Looks a little bit like a first draft by a junior graphic designer. Nothing is firing up any intrigue here for me, but I can admit I am being a little cautious over Ep9.

Does anyone else feel a bit odd about having no Skywalkers on a Skywalker saga film poster? I suppose you could argue Kylo is a Skywalker, but no prequel, original or sequel trilogy film poster has done this before...

You might be right, but I'd be surprised if this was the poster, or at least a final one. It's no secret Mark Hamill is in Episode IX in some capacity, as are Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher, and I can't see Disney not featuring those 3 on their IX posters. R2 looks to be absent as well, although perhaps JJ might want that one since he saw fit to barely include him in TFA :roll:

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:04 pm

I thought it's strange Luke is not on the poster, not sure what to think. I thought is was real, but seems not. Nothing on Starwars.com.
I'm really looking forward to another Star Wars Christmas. :)
Last edited by theforceuk on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:13 pm

I would be surprised if at least some sort of teaser, if not more, is unveiled at Celebration. So I guess we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks.
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 pm

This doesn’t look like a teaser poster. I would expect this poster in November. I think it’s a really well made fan poster.

Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Palifan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:50 am

It's new Star Wars so I'll have to see it but I'm not that excited right now but it would only take a great trailer to get my interest re-ignighted.

I run a little hot and cold with JJ, I'm not sure he's made the perfect movie yet for me but he's always in the right area and I do believe he's the closest to a modern Spielberg we have right now so there could be a masterpiece in him. I think trying to tie all the episodes up in one final film is going to be to tall an order for anyone out there but as long as it's entertaining and feels like it's been thought out and not rushed (or trying to please everyone as that's never going to happen), it might come to a fairly satisfying conclusion to this new trilogy.

It'll be interesting to see where Star wars goes next on the big screen as most of the focus seems to be on streaming right now but I think a break from the cinema would be a good idea to let peoples interest build back up.

I know if it's Star Wars then I'm always going to have some time for it but it probably won't all be a hit.

Ian

theforceuk
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby theforceuk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 am

Palifan wrote:It's new Star Wars so I'll have to see it but I'm not that excited right now but it would only take a great trailer to get my interest re-ignighted. Ian

Yeah I feel the same, problem is TLJ trailer got me excited! :roll:
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'

RetroRyan
New User
New User

Postby RetroRyan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

i read that poster is official, but it was early concept artwork, so reading into any details would be kind of irrelevant.

I'm looking forward to IX, i just wish JJ had done the trilogy, even though i didn't hate TLJ, the poor continuity between the 2 films as far as linking the little story bits that JJ started is very apparent.

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Have also heard it's real, but definitely NOT the official poster. More of a marketing campaign mock up poster apparently. Looks great, either way!
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

Return to “Star Wars Films”