SWFUK

Episode 9...your personal feelings

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.

Will you be going to see Ep9 in the cinema?

Hell yes! I've already given Disney my wallet, bank details and first born.
25%
I'm interested to see what they do with the next chapter.
37%
I'm on the fence.
8%
If most fans say it's good, I could be persuaded.
8%
Hell no! I'm making an effigy of Rian and Kathleen that weekend.
23%

Total votes: 52

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Re: Episode 9...your personal feelings

Postby Cazza » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Have also heard it's real, but definitely NOT the official poster. More of a marketing campaign mock up poster apparently. Looks great, either way!
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

GLucas
New User
New User

Postby GLucas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:48 pm

Looks like golden rod taken over the chew man... 8) Must be his revenge on the Bespin City incident... :?

20190401_194345.jpg
20190401_194345.jpg (69.94 KiB) Viewed 556 times

Bossk
Regular
Regular

Postby Bossk » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 pm

I actually really quite liked The Force Awakens and for my kids, 6 and 9 now, it’s probably their favourite Star Wars film. Had it not been for that film I’m not sure they would have been all that bothered by Star Wars. Enough to be interested but not excited. So hell yeah, I’m looking forward to this one. On a related note though........Ryan f@*king Johnson to do the first Old Republic film. F&%k me! Joke!

Stuart Skinner
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Stuart Skinner » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:17 pm

I fucking well can't wait, can't believe how many miserable bastards are on here, it's new Star Wars, FUCK YEAH
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

kingshearer
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kingshearer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:I fucking well can't wait, can't believe how many miserable bastards are on here, it's new Star Wars, FUCK YEAH

I wouldn't call myself miserable for not liking the new Star Wars films including the prequels. Distraught is a better description.
And for those who do like the new films I hope the 9th instalment is another rousing success.

As far as the poll goes I've got zilch interest in episode 9.
Ta, Brian

GLucas
New User
New User

Postby GLucas » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:23 pm

kingshearer wrote:
Stuart Skinner wrote:I fucking well can't wait, can't believe how many miserable bastards are on here, it's new Star Wars, FUCK YEAH

I wouldn't call myself miserable for not liking the new Star Wars films including the prequels. Distraught is a better description.
And for those who do like the new films I hope the 9th instalment is another rousing success.

You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum. Each of us has a right to opinion, rather we like or dislike something about SW. Me too I hope that this 9th installment will become a success after the mediocre episode 8. Again: thumbs up and hopefully we will enjoy again....

kingshearer
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kingshearer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:27 pm

GLucas wrote:Looks like golden rod taken over the chew man... 8) Must be his revenge on the Bespin City incident... :?

20190401_194345.jpg

I presume "Golden Rod" is reference to that erronous gum card :D
Ta, Brian

kingshearer
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby kingshearer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 pm

GLucas wrote:
kingshearer wrote:

You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum. Each of us has a right to opinion, rather we like or dislike something about SW. Me too I hope that this 9th installment will become a success after the mediocre episode 8. Again: thumbs up and hopefully we will enjoy again....

Aye, I'd love to love the new films but I just can't, to me the magic is just not there.
Ta, Brian

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:35 pm

GLucas wrote:
You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum.

:lol:

Wow, this place has changed. :lol:

TK-7785
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby TK-7785 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:38 am

This is just a bit of fun. No name calling, shin kicking or poking anyone else in the eye. Just your honest opinion in a poll. :)

Come, come now children. I said at the beginning of the thread it'd be nice if people could refrain from name calling and prodding. This is about airing your opinions of the film, not each other. Play nicely. :)
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 am

GLucas wrote:
kingshearer wrote:

Lol, the moderation on here is pretty laid back, as anyone long time member will tell you. If someone steps out of line and starts name calling or abusing one individual then we'll step in. Ditto spammers. Trolls we boot off too, although one man's troll is another man's person just saying what they think, so it's a tad more complex.
As far as swearing goes, I encourage it lol. Swearing shows you're much more elequent than those who don't swear, honest. As long as it's not OTT I have no problem with swearing. Fuck knows I do enough of it myself. As for the "miserable bastards" comment. It's just his opinion. I didn't take it personally, and I'm not a fan of TLJ and I'm totally ambivalent about episode 9. I very much doubt it was intended to insult/offend. This place is laid back enough that people don't get offended willy nilly. Not many snowflakes on here. Besides............I AM a miserable bastard! Lol
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

weasel
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby weasel » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:01 am

Grant_C wrote:
GLucas wrote:
You're right Brian. I can't believe that the moderator accepts terms like "miserable bastards" here on the forum.

:lol:

Wow, this place has changed. :lol:

I'd love to see how some of the old conversations would go down now. :lol:
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!"

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby jayums » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm

I’m a miserable bastard. I will watch it though.

TLJ was abomination form start to finish - For me, it somehow managed to, simultaneously:
A) be a shit film
B) make TFA worse (by not resolving ANY stories from TFA in satisfying ways)
C) generate zero excitement for the next film

Things we know for sure about the next film, which make me not very excited by the prospect of it:

A) Beloved heroes who we wanted to see reunited never will (duh)
B) we got Han for about half an hour (they should have thrown more money at HF to do the trilogy)
C) Luke wasn’t Luke in TLJ. Now he’s dead.
D) Han and Leia weren’t the best parents, for no particular reason (Kylo Ren should never have been their kid. How did he meet Snoke anyway? Who the fuck was Snoke? Oh Snoke is dead... let’s move on!)
E) we will finally get to see Carrie Fisher die on screen :cry:

I’m not sure whether it’s possible to make a great film and, at the same time, undo / explain all of the above crap.
You can roll a turd in glitter, but it’s still a turd.

I would ask those who are looking forward to the next film, what *exactly* is there to look forward to? The best thing I can say about the next film is that at the very least it’s almost like a blank canvas - Compare and contrast with the cliffhanger ending / reveals at the end of ESB that set up ROTJ, and then weep.

It’s all been such a missed opportunity to do something better. I know you can’t please averybody, but how difficult could it be to at the very least sketch out the plot of the trilogy before you start filming it. It’s quite obvious they had no idea where any of it was going, and that is spectacularly unforgivable.

... As for C3PO with a bow caster, it reminded me of R2 with a jet pack in AOTC (shudders)

db94
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby db94 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:00 pm

I really didn't like TFA - shameless copy of ANH but nothing compared to how much I hate TLJ - a terrible film.

Nearly jacked this forum and all FB groups after both films because I can't be doing with the "you're not a true fan if you don't like it" crap
The new modern shite and the drama explosion that comes with every new release just sucks the joy out of SW for me. I have the OT that I love and am genuinely happy for anyone that enjoys the new stuff but no question the last two films have turned me off the hobby a bit so no way will I be watching the next one. Only watched 8 once R1 twice and skipped Solo completely which is pretty sad when you consider I'm typing this in a room bursting full of SW toys new and old.

As soon as the build up starts properly I'll avoid any groups or forums that talk about it - just can't be arsed with the over the top reactions from both sides.
My vintage/modern collection viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14191

Dorsetmark
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Dorsetmark » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Just got over how crap episode 8 made me feel, definitely not paying to go and do that again!
Anything post Jedi in the timeline is not on my watch list.

Return to “Star Wars Films”