!!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: !!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Post by TK-7785 »

I have a hunch that we may get to see another 'This is the way' moment in the finale. Werner Hertzog, aka The Client, eluded to this when he taunted the Mando about his beskar armour and how it's s shame there aren't any of the the Mandalorian artisans left to best manipulate the beskar metal. It'd be awesome to see the Mandos descend on Moff Gideon and his troops representing an act of retaliation against what the Empire did to Mandalore. I can't see IG-11 by himself being enough to shift the tide. Or perhaps the remaining Guild members come to the rescue, although they're aren't best of friends with Mando. God damn it's going to be a long week! :lol:
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stubbs »

I think as the biker scout's have acquired The child once he is bought into to this stand off some force powers will be used to help get them out either way what a great episode loved every minute of it. Roll on the last episode.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

My guess is that our friend the ugnaught, Kuiil, is not dead and will fly IG-11 into town in the Razor Crest, dropping the droid into the mix whilst raking the Imperials with fire from above. Hopefully the Child can lend a Force hand somewhere along the line too as Mando, Cara and Greef blast their way out! :-D

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Amazing episode again! The Imperial Troop Transporter making an appearance was the icing on the cake.
As for the final episode I don't think the Mandalorians will make another appearance as they've had to move their base. Pretty sure we will see IG-11 as why else did they have a long flashback to him being reprogrammed. Hopefully IG-11 will become a mainstay of season 2 and Mando will get over his Droid thing.

Very sad about Kuiil, loved the character, Nick Nolte was excellent.

Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stubbs »

Dantooine wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:15 pm
Very sad about Kuiil, loved the character, Nick Nolte was excellent.
I am hoping he is just wounded and makes a return I had completely forgotten about the imperial troop transport another great insert into the episode making it feel like the star wars universe.

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by MarkG »

What a finale...

Some kicking ass action... said goodbye to another character... face unveiling, an e-web cannon coming into play... and a 'new' lightsabre...

Defo leaving it open for season 2.
Back in the fold... just....

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Twin30mm »

Fantastic finale. Loved every second of that.
Great mixture of action and emotion.
There was some satisfying setup & payoff for a change. Take note Johnson/Abrams.
The series has had a few so-so episodes, but has been streets ahead of anything the ST has produced.

Just knew Moff Gideon was going to survive. I nearly had a nerdgasm when he drew the Darksaber.
Can't wait for Season 2.

If Kennedy doesn't give Favreau & Filoni a big screen SW opportunity, she needs butt-fucking with a banjo.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

Agreed, that was a superb final episode! It makes me both happy and sad to see it end; happy because we have been given 8 fantastic episodes of true Star Wars content, but sad not just to see it end so soon, but also when I think about the sequel trilogy of films that could have been if someone like Jon Favreau had been put in charge of it. I get that there are fans of the Disney ST films, but even the most die-hard supporter of them has to recognize that a very significant proportion of the fan base can't stand them. Disney have fractured the fan base in a way that the prequels never came close to managing, not because those films are universally loved, but rather because the majority of fans hold broadly the same opinions about them, and few if any fans felt betrayed by them.

By contrast, the ST has polarised opinion and driven an unwelcome wedge between opposing groups of fans, as well as between Lucasfilm management and those copious fans that dislike the new films. Again however, by contrast the ratio of likers to dislikers of 'The Mandalorian' kicks the shit out of the same ratio for the ST. This means that a far greater proportion of Star Wars fans would have been happy with the end result if Disney had entrusted the writing and direction of the ST films to a Favreau or Filoni.

Oh what might have been... :(

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Great ending to the series, great set up for season two. It was... great!

As far as the films, just because this series works it's no guarantee that Faverau would do the same with the films. He said in an interview that with Star Wars he wanted to tell a smaller story like ANH and tv is perfect for that. If it's a movie they can get too big and overblown.

For instance, in this episode the Biker Scout punching the bag with baby Yoda in it got more of a reaction out of me than the whole of the ending of Rise of Skywalker. The Sith thing, what do I care, it's meaningless. A cute little fella getting hurt and I'm triggered.

The only episode I didn't like in this whole series was 4, it was a bit generic and sappy. Other than that, amazing, easily the best SW stuff since 1983. The VPN was worth every penny. Bring on season 2.

GLucas
Regular
Regular

Post by GLucas »

Just watched episode 8 Mandalorian and it is great like every thing on the Mandalorian. No big screen movies please, just these series. So they can respond to the solid SW fanbase in a proper way. Still haven't watched TROS and I really don't care about it. Hope they will also make Kenobi. Looking forward to it... :D

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Cazza »

Loved this last episode- shame to lose Kuuil & IG11. Came together and there was a real sense of urgency. Some of the episodes felt a little thinly written, slow and basic- especially episode 4. However, overall it was great and has fantastic potential for the second series. Fabulous moment when the Darksaber came through the hull of the TIE 8)
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

MarkG
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by MarkG »

Season 2 has just been announced for Autumn 2020.
Back in the fold... just....

lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

Darksaber......that is all 8)

theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

Watched the first two episodes, love the baby Yoda and everything else.

I have spoken.
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'