!!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Discuss all Star Wars films here - the original trilogy, prequel trilogy and the new Disney films.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: !!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

Post by lejackal »

Errr, this is the spoilers allowed thread :lol:

TK-7785
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by TK-7785 »

That's true about the blue dude. He felt more like he would fit into Star Trek Deep Space Nine. But that was my only gripe and he's gone now anyway. :lol:

Epsiode 2 airs today!! :D
WANTED:
Rebel Commando focus items - MOCs, Baggies... http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... =2&t=37721
ROTJ Store Display Items

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by pmsbull »

chiffy wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:49 pm
The only 1 negative i can find, and i need to find 1 as i'm normally a right grouchy old bastard, is that i dont think a bounty droid would accept any help as he has no human instincts. He would surely just take whoever was in his way out and do as programmed by whoever his gaffer was.
Disagree mate - seeing overwhelming odds, he did the logical thing - and we all know how droids love logic - and improved his chances of completing what looked like an impossible mission.
FEEDBACK : most of my feedback is on Rebel Scum http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/
FEEDBACK : there is also some here on SWFUK http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=23247

pmsbull
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by pmsbull »

Having trouble finding episode 2 on the usual sites, anyone have a link they can pm me please?
FEEDBACK : most of my feedback is on Rebel Scum http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/
FEEDBACK : there is also some here on SWFUK http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=23247

Dr_Ball_MD
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Dr_Ball_MD »

pmsbull wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:01 am
Having trouble finding episode 2 on the usual sites, anyone have a link they can pm me please?
Likewise :D

Twin30mm
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by Twin30mm »

So Yoda Thingy is a Force user.
I think we all basically suspected that one.

Really enjoyed this, especially the Jawas and the Sandcrawler scuffle.
Although, apart from the Yoda Baby revelation, I don't think this episode moved the story along much.

Still only minor niggles, still loving the series so far.

Ruby2511
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Ruby2511 »

Dr_Ball_MD wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:41 pm
pmsbull wrote:
Can anybody PM me a link to the first and second episodes please, not very clued up on how to find these sites :D
Hi i'm Russ

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.

Stubbs
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stubbs »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm
Dr_Ball_MD wrote:
pmsbull wrote:
Can anybody PM me a link to the first and second episodes please, not very clued up on how to find these sites :D

I would really appreciate this also.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Grant_C »

I’m away tonight, and not that clued up, but will find a way this weekend

UKS
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Post by UKS »

Just watched episode 1 (not seen two yet)

I enjoyed it. Bit on the nose occasionally (sound effects, door robots etc) but very spaghetti western!

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Stubbs wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:52 pm
Ruby2511 wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:24 pm
Dr_Ball_MD wrote:

I would really appreciate this also.
... me too. Seems tougher to find for some reason. Spoilers are all over the place, can't stay offline til march!

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe »

6 PM's sent.

jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

I do like it but I feel the same about it as I do the animated series Favreau has been involved with. I like the storylines, packed with nice ideas, but there just isn’t enough dialogue in it. This is fine in an animation, but it just feels like it needs to be padded out and a little less linear. Even if it’s just the mandalorian and the nick Nolte alien talking in the sand crawler on the way to get the egg... Maybe a few cut scenes back to the Herzog character to see what he is up to... stuff like that. I dunno how to describe s it ... Every shot is beautiful and seems very much planned out and straight off a storyboard (like you would an animation) and it comes across as being a bit sterile and cold as a result.

Dantooine
Regular
Regular

Post by Dantooine »

Fantastic second episode, even better than the first because I love those little Jawas. In fact the only thing wrong was the colour of their eyes. Why red and not yellow?

Anyhow, finding his ship had been scavenged by Jawas was exactly right. Of course it's going to be scavenged by Jawas, it's what they do. Amazing sandcrawler climb (reminded me of the snes Star Wars game), cool mini quest and all for a giant Cadburys Creme Egg. Fucking brilliant. Mini Yoda is also growing on me to. I'm getting a Lone Wolf and Cub feel. I also really like the fact that the isn't much dialogue. It doesn't need it, it's visual storytelling and it can take its time. for once it's a tv show that actually shows stuff happenening rather than just loads of talking.

Can't wait for episode 3. This is hitting all the right spots for me and I think this is the right way to make new Star Wars films. Take the environments, species, space travel and basic law and create new stories there. There's no point leaning on established characters like Luke and Vader as it always falls was short of the OT.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by Bonsai_Tree_Ent »

Twin30mm wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:15 pm
Really enjoyed this, especially the Jawas and the Sandcrawler scuffle.
Although, apart from the Yoda Baby revelation, I don't think this episode moved the story along much.

Still only minor niggles, still loving the series so far.
I actually really enjoyed the pacing of the second chapter, minimal dialogue and story, but just a chance to spend time and soak in the Star Wars universe...