Baggie remove?

Ask expert collectors for advice on pricing items.
bunniboiler01
New User
New User

Baggie remove?

Post by bunniboiler01 »

Hi, I have a Vintage Star Wars Princess Leia Organa (white) in a baggie. It's graded as 90 by UKG but I'd really like to remove her from the bag so she can be recased and better visually. I assume this will decrease the value much? I'm happy to drop it a bit as I want it as I want it! but is this a stupid move?
Thank you.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Baggie remove?

Post by lejackal »

Yeah, I wouldn’t advocate opening a baggie or a carded figure. If you want a mint graded loose figure just sell the baggie and buy the figure you want
Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:57 pm
Hi, I have a Vintage Star Wars Princess Leia Organa (white) in a baggie. It's graded as 90 by UKG but I'd really like to remove her from the bag so she can be recased and better visually. I assume this will decrease the value much? I'm happy to drop it a bit as I want it as I want it! but is this a stupid move?
Thank you.
As Lejackel has said please don’t open a sealed baggie, just sell the bagged one and buy a graded one if that’s your preference.
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

I'm sure a baggie would be much more valuable than mint loose or even mint graded , so surely makes sense to sell the baggie and buy another rather than devalue it ?

Once it's outta the bag it's no longer a baggie surely :?: :!:
theforceuk
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by theforceuk »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:57 pm
but is this a stupid move?
Yes! lol
'But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters.'
bunniboiler01
New User
New User

Post by bunniboiler01 »

Sorry I thought this was a place to ask about valuations but it seems nobody can actually answer the question.
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Ruby2511 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353366022479

Saw this on ebay!!!

It might help with your valuation 👍😁
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:03 pm
Sorry I thought this was a place to ask about valuations but it seems nobody can actually answer the question.
It will massively devalue the item and a sealed vintage item will be destroyed forever.
jayums
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by jayums »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:03 pm
"I assume this will decrease the value much?" is this a stupid move?
^ you asked these questions.
indianawars
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by indianawars »

Why not just buy yourself a retro collection Leia and leave the original sealed up inside the baggie?
bunniboiler01
New User
New User

Post by bunniboiler01 »

I am not totally driven by value and profit.
The whole point of having a collection as I do is for my own personal pleasure.
I think you have answered the question that it will make a MASSIVE difference to the value which was my actual question.
I expect to leave these all to my children to do as they wish when I die so I will leave it in the bag.
And for a 90 graded figure of this kind it's not exactly cheap!! I don't swim in that much money.. just buy another..

As for being requoted with added "lols".. hardly a welcome to the site that I thought was full of like minded adults.
bunniboiler01
New User
New User

Post by bunniboiler01 »

Ruby2511 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Saw this on ebay!!!

Yes I've seen this one. I was interested in the difference it would make to value by having it removed from the bag and recased.
Thank you anyway :)
Michael Sith
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Michael Sith »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 am
I think you have answered the question that it will make a MASSIVE difference to the value which was my actual question.
I expect to leave these all to my children to do as they wish when I die so I will leave it in the bag.
And for a 90 graded figure of this kind it's not exactly cheap!! I don't swim in that much money.. just buy another..

As for being requoted with added "lols".. hardly a welcome to the site that I thought was full of like minded adults.
To remove a vintage item from its original packaging be that a baggie, Moc, or anything else immediately removes a piece of vintage history.
To vintage collectors this is not looked upon well at all, however, you asked advice on what should be done and that was given by members for you on here.
We are a welcoming bunch on here and we are light hearted ( hence the lols) and if you stick around and input on the forum, ask questions, put up Pictures of your collection in the limelight thread, you’ll have access to wealth of collecting information from members on here, then you would get a feel for the type of place this is and the comradery, support and assistance on here.
If you put a picture of your baggie up we can advise you on what type of baggie it is and some more information around it which in turn will give you the information you need to see what it is actually valued at, where it sits in the collection arena, it’s rarity, etc etc
We can also direct you to threads on here that a member has spend a lot of his own time and effort over the years doing research and putting up a an in depth reference guide to baggies, which many of us use on a regular basis to identify items, when we are looking at purchasing or selling, and importantly what to look out for in regard to fakes ( which eBay is awash wit for example)

All in all this forum is a very friendly and welcoming place, as in life, there are times when there are tongue in cheek comments, but these are all meant in good fun and should be taken as such.

Frame your mind to mirth and merriment
which bars a thousand harms
and lengthens life

:D
"What is thy bidding, my master?"
Palifan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Palifan »

Michael Sith wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:21 pm
bunniboiler01 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:15 am

To remove a vintage item from its original packaging be that a baggie, Moc, or anything else immediately removes a piece of vintage history.
To vintage collectors this is not looked upon well at all, however, you asked advice on what should be done and that was given by members for you on here.
We are a welcoming bunch on here and we are light hearted ( hence the lols) and if you stick around and input on the forum, ask questions, put up Pictures of your collection in the limelight thread, you’ll have access to wealth of collecting information from members on here, then you would get a feel for the type of place this is and the comradery, support and assistance on here.
If you put a picture of your baggie up we can advise you on what type of baggie it is and some more information around it which in turn will give you the information you need to see what it is actually valued at, where it sits in the collection arena, it’s rarity, etc etc
We can also direct you to threads on here that a member has spend a lot of his own time and effort over the years doing research and putting up a an in depth reference guide to baggies, which many of us use on a regular basis to identify items, when we are looking at purchasing or selling, and importantly what to look out for in regard to fakes ( which eBay is awash wit for example)

All in all this forum is a very friendly and welcoming place, as in life, there are times when there are tongue in cheek comments, but these are all meant in good fun and should be taken as such.

Frame your mind to mirth and merriment
which bars a thousand harms
and lengthens life

:D
Mike talking total sense once again and you'd be surprised at how little you can put in here to receive so much in return, we really do try to help where we can. As Mike advised, put some pictures of your baggie up on this thread and people will have a much better idea as to value as there are many different baggies that Leia comes in and what type of baggie you have may make quite a difference to value.

Hope you stick around and look forward to seeing which variant you have.

Ian
Ruby2511
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by Ruby2511 »

bunniboiler01 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:19 am
Ruby2511 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:49 pm

Saw this on ebay!!!

Yes I've seen this one. I was interested in the difference it would make to value by having it removed from the bag and recased.
Thank you anyway :)
No problem always happy to help 😉👍
Hi i'm Russ 👋

Remember above the clouds the sun always shines

C-3PO (Return of the Jedi): I’m rather embarrassed, General Solo, but it appears that you are to be the main course at a banquet in my honor.