Saying Goodbye to the Gang

JawboneCactus

I'm finally letting go of my collection of 1980s childhood toys. I've had many a happy hour making Panthro beat Skeletor over the head with a pair of nunchucks while Darth Vader runs over Tex Hex in the ThunderTank. It's now time to move on and give those who appreciate a vintage collectible the joy I had as a young'un.

My collection of Star Wars figures is attached. Many of these were birthday gifts, but a decent amount were bought for 50p each from a weekly visit to HyperValue. I remember them being sold in white boxes, so I'm hoping they were legit overstock rather than some dodgy replicas.

I'm leaning towards a job lot on eBay, as I get a final fee of only £1 if I list today, but I'd like an opinion on genuine value, please. Galactic Collector estimates around £365, but I'm not sure whether the community views this as a reliable source? I only have one of each figure and accessory — the multiple shots are simply to show more detail. They're actually a little cleaner than they look; the auto-sharpening on my phone makes it seem like they've been stored in a Henry hoover bag.

I also have a random Yak Face / Barada / Nikto staff (although god knows where this came from) that I'm estimating is worth £45, but I'm not sure if I'm reaching.

Sorry for the ramble, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• star-wars-1.jpg
    star-wars-1.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 75
  • star-wars-4.jpg
    star-wars-4.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 77
  • star-wars-3.jpg
    star-wars-3.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 74
  • star-wars-5.jpg
    star-wars-5.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 70
  • star-wars-2.jpg
    star-wars-2.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 73
  • staff.jpg
    staff.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 73

JawboneCactus

Not sure about the value, but I think the way you've photographed them is great.
Thanks very much, I know the value is in the detail for a lot of collectors so I tried to be as upfront about the condition of the pieces as possible. I was tempted to get a little Photoshoppy, but I managed to resist (mostly).

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
You could always start them off a bit lower than £365 on eBay mate, and let it find its price. Also the staff is prob around £25

JawboneCactus

You could always start them off a bit lower than £365 on eBay mate, and let it find its price. Also the staff is prob around £25
Yep, sounds like a plan. I don't have the time/energy to list everything as individuals, so I'm willing to compromise a little on price. Appreciate the feedback.

Latest posts

Top Bottom