Prices.... again I know, sorry

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Prices.... again I know, sorry

Post by Robstyley »

Last night I put a little bid of 300 quids on a loose figure, by far the most I’ve ever bid on a loose figure, the most being 180 I paid for Yak. Wasn’t expecting to win it in any way but was the highest bidder at 286. When I looked this morning it was on £460, with like 6 days to go..! It’s quite astonishing how prices have climbed and still seem to be. The mentality and all the FB groups has massively changed even Ebay. I think I saw £125 being asked (starting bid) for a loose Jawa?! I really can’t think what sort of person is paying these prices.
stu70
Regular
Regular

Re: Prices.... again I know, sorry

Post by stu70 »

It's crazy, and looks like it will only be getting worse, a biker scout just went for £90.00 on eBay, two bidders going back and forth, I've no idea why people are paying these prices for common figures.
lejackal
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by lejackal »

A Luke Stormtrooper helmet I was bidding on ended at £170 something over the weekend. Just the fucking helmet :shock:
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

stu70 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm
It's crazy, and looks like it will only be getting worse, a biker scout just went for £90.00 on eBay, two bidders going back and forth, I've no idea why people are paying these prices for common figures.
It feels like people are just going batshit crazy for complete figures. I recently bought an absolutely mint Biker Scout without blaster (I had one for it) for £25 on eBay. Just a 2nd one to go in my figure cabinet. Some people seem to think common accessories are suddenly worth a fortune.
Last edited by Robstyley on Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

lejackal wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:27 pm
A Luke Stormtrooper helmet I was bidding on ended at £170 something over the weekend. Just the fucking helmet :shock:
I paid a lot for a helmet and had to wait a while. I already had figure and blaster. Ended up buying a figure with helmet for about 120 I think?! Sold the figure for 40, he wasn’t in mint condition but the helmet was. So yeah 80 quid, mad shit but not £170 mad :o
revilluk
Regular
Regular

Post by revilluk »

lejackal wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:27 pm
I saw that one too. Could t believe it.

Today a complete Luke Stormtrooper sold for £295.00
StarWarsFan
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by StarWarsFan »

It's bloody mental it really is.
My feedback:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 22&t=26702

My The Force Be With You
Tatooine4life
New User
New User

Post by Tatooine4life »

6 days left to go for people to bid on this figure lot. What do you guys think of the price? Too high? I thought the bidding ended soon until I looked again and saw it still has many days left. The seller has a few last 17 figures in there, but they do not describe the condition of the figures. Without original weapons, it surprises me that the bids are that high. This lot could end up selling for a quite a bit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VI ... 4897546572
Robstyley
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Robstyley »

Tatooine4life wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:42 pm
6 days left to go for people to bid on this figure lot. What do you guys think of the price? Too high? I thought the bidding ended soon until I looked again and saw it still has many days left. The seller has a few last 17 figures in there, but they do not describe the condition of the figures. Without original weapons, it surprises me that the bids are that high. This lot could end up selling for a quite a bit.

Something’s rotting in Denmark. No reason it would be that high with so long to go unless someone’s bidding on their own listing. I suppose it’s possible a couple of people could be bidding each other up but I doubt it. Surely it would only appeal to someone starting a loose set or someone wanting to split and sell for profit. No weapons though, it’s a slog to complete all that lot.
Tatooine4life
New User
New User

Post by Tatooine4life »

Robstyley wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:45 pm
Tatooine4life wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Something’s rotting in Denmark. No reason it would be that high with so long to go unless someone’s bidding on their own listing. I suppose it’s possible a couple of people could be bidding each other up but I doubt it. Surely it would only appeal to someone starting a loose set or someone wanting to split and sell for profit. No weapons though, it’s a slog to complete all that lot.
It's definitely odd. Even the lot below seems like an inflated price considering most of those figures are nothing special at all. Is this just the way things are going now with vintage figures? On their own there's little interest, but put up a lot of 20-30 figures and all of a sudden they are selling for hundreds of pounds. Makes no sense to me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Fi ... _Auction=1