Hasbro's New Tatooine Skiff

Talk about modern (post 1985) Hasbro toys, including POTF2.
Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Re: Hasbro's New Tatooine Skiff

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 pm

bosk70 wrote:That looks so good and as one is behind the other you don't notice the size difference , I tried to hang speeder bikes in a cabinet on an endore scene when I was a lot younger, like a see saw :lol: what a nightmare hats of to you , I can just hear the sound track and see the sand dunes speeding by :D
Thanks :-). Your Speeder Bikes sound cool too, but yes, I can imagine them swinging about like crazy if you knocked them!

Perhaps I'm misreading / misunderstanding your reply, but just to clarify, although I showed comparison pics of the new and old skiffs in my first post, the pair of skiffs hanging in the cabinet are identical; they're both the new larger Hasbro versions.

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Mini99 wrote:Great job.
You’ve used the available space well.
As above I can only imagine how difficult it was to get those two lined up and looking like they are flying along in front of the barge.
Really impressive, congratulations.
Thanks, Nick :-)

Now that I have a bit of space beneath the skiffs, I'm wondering whether I should put anything there? I was thinking about a bantha, but then I wondered if it would look like the Khetanna was about to mow it down! :lol:

Mini99
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Mini99 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
As above I can only imagine how difficult it was to get those two lined up and looking like they are flying along in front of the barge.

Now that I have a bit of space beneath the skiffs, I'm wondering whether I should put anything there? I was thinking about a bantha, but then I wondered if it would look like the Khetanna was about to mow it down! :lol:
I think that anything else in there will begin to look cramped, had you considered painting the base a sand colour, and i know you have the skills, perhaps a background?

bosk70
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by bosk70 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:12 pm

Snaketibe wrote:
bosk70 wrote:That looks so good and as one is behind the other you don't notice the size difference , I tried to hang speeder bikes in a cabinet on an endore scene when I was a lot younger, like a see saw :lol: what a nightmare hats of to you , I can just hear the sound track and see the sand dunes speeding by :D
Thanks :-). Your Speeder Bikes sound cool too, but yes, I can imagine them swinging about like crazy if you knocked them!

Perhaps I'm misreading / misunderstanding your reply, but just to clarify, although I showed comparison pics of the new and old skiffs in my first post, the pair of skiffs hanging in the cabinet are identical; they're both the new larger Hasbro versions.
Sorry I thought you hung the original one too, didn't know you had two of the new one's can see that now, I don't buy much modern but this skiff I just may have to pick up :)
Vintage Star Wars helping me stay sane since 1977

Stuart Skinner
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Stuart Skinner » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:18 am

Thanks Jeremy made me want to go and buy one of these now.

Nice comparison shots, looks stunning

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Stuart Skinner wrote:Thanks Jeremy made me want to go and buy one of these now.

Nice comparison shots, looks stunning
Sorry! But thanks :lol:

Snaketibe
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by Snaketibe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Mini99 wrote:
Snaketibe wrote:

I think that anything else in there will begin to look cramped, had you considered painting the base a sand colour, and i know you have the skills, perhaps a background?
You're probably right about it looking cramped, so I guess I'll leave that space clear, however I definitely am considering installing a sandy-coloured floor to the cabinet, and maybe some sort of background too. If I could work out how to contain it safely without making a horrible mess everywhere, I'd even consider adding real sand to the base as I think that would probably look good.