First Figure as a kid? + memories of this MOC

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
At last I have finally managed to acquire this MOC (although opened, sealed would be very expensive) which started my collection as a child in 1979. Palitoy Greedo :D :D

This MOC means a lot to me, it was this cardback and figure that started my collection as a kid. I remember the little independent shop I bought it from and the fact that the only figures they had were Death Squad Commander, Vader and one Greedo. My Mum asked why I wanted Greedo and not Darth Vader - my reply I like the green alien better :lol:

I'm so glad I bought Greedo that day as I never saw him again in any shop ever - he was pretty tough to find back in the day, none of my friends had him.

001_zps3b34df70.jpg

sith-smith

Grand Master
That's awesome!! 8)

I don't remember my first figure, though my mum says it was Luke

I can remember buying some of the first 12 but only vague memories.

Glad you got the card that means so much to you. Great story

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Mine was a 12 back Ben Kenobi. Was aware that Star Wars figures were out there for a few weeks and then me and my mum managed to track them down in a small toy shop in Lymington.

I still have him and when I started collecting vintage again he was the first moc I got.

I loves him :)

Jez

Sith Lord
I love that SW Greedo MOC, such a great card.

My first was an ESB Luke Farmboy however I honestly don't know if it were Kenner or Palitoy.
I recently found the original figure at my parents house.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Don't recall exactly my first Star Wars figure but it would have been after the ROTJ figures were released. I have many specific memories of figures being bought or gifted and even where i got them from- Han Hoth, Gamorrean Guard, Klaatu, Bib Fortuna, R2D2, Leia Boush. Remember the receiving/buying and opening of all those quite well…ish.
My first would probably have been a birthday present. I'd bet it was R2 or a Luke figure but no idea.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I can't remember my first figure. One figure I do have bizarre memories of though was Dengar. He was somehow special because all of my other figures had come from the shop on cards, but this guy had come through the post.

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
R2D2 Senserscope on an ESB Palitoy Bounty Hunter card.

This figure is very hard to find even on a Kenner ESB card, although I have one on a Palitoy Jedi 65 back.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I have no specific memory of opening my first Star Wars figure but I do know I had Vader, Chewy and Luke from ANH and Han Hoth and Fett From ESB.

The only recollection I have of opening SW toys was from Jedi, I distinctly remembering opening my AT-ST and ripping that box apart. In my rush I forgot to attach the top gun and it almost went in the bin with the box. The only MOC I recall opening was a Lando Skiff which I purchased with pocket money, he was probably my most played with figure just loved that he had a helmet you could remove but he was far more menacing in play with a blaster over a stick.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Mine was R2-D2, the shop only had Artoo, Chewie and Princess Leia on the shelf. Chewie didn't interest me and I wasn't going to buy a figure of a girl, so Artoo it was.
I really wanted the Stormtrooper, but it was ages before I found him.

rob71

Sith Lord
Not sure which was my first as I got a few for Xmas 78 (or maybe 79) along with my Palitoy Death Star. Greedo and Luke Xwing were always my favourite two though, and I still have them along with all my childhood figures.... the card part of the MOCs was soon thrown in the bin though :lol:

plantman

Sith Lord
ive told my story a few times, but i inherited all my SW off my cousin who was super rich, the first MOC i was bought was a ROTJ Klaatu Skiff and i cried my eyes out because he was rubbish and i wanted luke skywalker.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I wasn't born in time for a new hope but my brother had 20 of the first 21 (for some reason he never got a Ben Kenobi) he also had the Death Star and an x wing and I use to spend hours playing with them. As he got older he gave me the lot just before return of the Jedi came out.
My first figure which was actually mine was an IG88 which was bought for me by my nan and is one of the only original figures from my childhood that I stil have. The first figure I bought with my own pocket money was Ree Yees.

Most distinct memory of opening a toy was my Millenium falcon which I bought in John Menzies when on holiday in Scotland and my dad moaning about the size of the thing that he needed to get back in the car to take home (there were four of us children so room was very limited)

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Great replies guy's I love hearing about Star Wars memories as a kid, something special about it :wink:

Jez- So envious of your recent loft find, all those years up there waiting to be rediscovered.

Grant - Great picture of your first figure. Noticed in the background Leia Poncho, her gun is in her belt, in all the years in collecting I would have never have known it could be displayed that way 8)

Paul

Panza

Youngling
First pair bought - Snaggletooth and Hammerhead. Closely followed by R2 and C-3PO a week or so later....after that it all becomes a bit of a blur......but they were my first four.

x-pack

Grand Master
I think it was Darth Vader. Might have been Greedo. My dad took me to a little toy shop in Preston. Definitely remember choosing DV :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom