A thread on TIG has been bought to my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
No. Josh stated it was just coincidence he started a thread about thanking people personally at the same exact time Ed received his gifts. :? In my opinion....I do not need someone to give me a personal thanks for something that was given as gift...as it is just that, a gift.......not a ****ing favor. :wink:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The timing of the thread was poor so it seemed to be directed at Ed. Just bear in mind a handful of people have received various gifts that you may not know about. Heck I put money towards something I don't even know if it went to anything- no private message, no public thread.......
I also have been on the receiving end of great gestures & I did mind my actions being questioned. But it's just a question. No harm done.

Ed I'm glad you enjoyed your gifts & it made you feel better :)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Since I'm the one who mentioned Ed on the TIG thread I thought I better post something on how this went down. The day Ed got his gift, I received a PM from Josh. He was a little pissed in that he thought Ed didn't know who the gift was from, when in fact Ed was asking who the people were who organized it and not who all donated. I explained to Josh that Ryan's card was in the parcel and that it had all of our names on it. The next day that thread popped up on TIG, so even though Josh claimed it to not be related anything, I took it in being about this instance in helping give a gift. The rest is in the thread and it is for everyone to take it how they want.

Ed, this thread and reading about the excitement you had in opening that box was more than an enough thank you in my opinion. That is what this was all about and I was actually hoping that thread would just die without you seeing it.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
FFS, until I read your last post Shawn I still had some respect for Josh due to his long standing & knowledge of the hobby, & TBH I really had hoped that it was just coincidental & bad timing etc, after reading your above post that has slid in to a big pile of foul stinking bantha dung.

Jesus Josh, just how petty can one get & this post of his will IMO of had a poor knock on effect & totally reversed all the good will shown by the great bunch of guys that frequent this fantastic little forum, shame how just one bad apple can spoil the barrel, Ed has (as far as I know?) not even been on since has he.

I just don't have the words to express the sheer disgust I am feeling over this situation right now & to think I sort of defended him in a pm to one of the guys here - more bloody fool me eh - thanks Josh, I thought you were better than this.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm glad you had the balls to come out with that Shawn, let's just say he's not the only person who knew for a fact that his claim of the thread 'not being aimed at anybody in particular' is complete bollocks and monumental **** stirring.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
It's petty bullshit. No matter what...I am glad to have given to someone without them asking or Privately kissing my ass after the fact. It was just to bring up the spirits of a guy having a rough period in his life. This actually should receive no further attention as the arguemnt is comletely stupid and pointless.

itfciain

Grand Master
Todd is right - any additional comments are only playing into the hands of the person who was looking to wind things up in the first place

Reckon we should draw a line under that **** and get on with what we do well on this site - help each other

oh and look at boobies

[youtube]6wwXaSLzWc8[/youtube]

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
****ing hell I've been on many different collecting forums over the years skateboards art, bikes, etc. To be honest vintage SW collecting seems to attract more than its fair share of dicks and **** stirrers. Between the few things on here and when I glance at other sites RS & TIG there always seems to be some sort of drama going off....

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Hey pig city what the name of a good skateboard collecting site? I am not looking to buy but just dribble .

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Imperial nut said:
Hey pig city what the name of a good skateboard collecting site? I am not looking to buy but just dribble .

Mate theres only one really, its a US based site but you can get pretty much anything on there. Let me know what you're after as I may be able to help out Ed joined up on there the other month looking for a Chris Miller Dog deck.

www.skullandbonesskateboards.com/forums

Joe

Grand Master
I am more than happy that we stopped talking about one tit and are now talking about a pair :)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
A nice pair of boobs will put a smile on anyone's face. :)

I just received another pm from Josh and he doesn't seem to feel it fair about what I posted on how this happened. I'm going to post our communication back and forth from the day Ed opened his parcel.

Subject: WTF

Josh wrote:
Hey Mate.
Just curious about Ed's parcel on SWFUK. Wasn't there a note in there saying who chucked in for him? I cannot believe there wasn't if this is the case. WTF is that all about?
If that is the case, it will be the last time I throw money down for anything like this. I have lost count of how many things I have chucked in on now to make someones day, and not had so much as a thankyou privately or in public. Besides the general one given. I realise now why that is.
I am totally appalled by this whole scenario. The gift was from his friends...NOT SWFUK and ALL it's members including the tight arses who NEVER throw in for anything like this. And it wasn't meant to make a couple of people look good.

Pissed at the momet, Shawnie. Really pissed mate.

Shawn wrote:
Josh, it is all Ed. The inside of the card has everyone's names on it. I can email you a copy of exactly what I printed out that Ryan created. Ed I think was mainly wanting to know who actually organized it rather than everyone pitching in. Trust me in that everyone got credit that pitched in. Like I said I'll email you a copy of the card if you want to send me your addy.

Josh wrote:
Nope, that's fine mate. I trust you 100%. If it's just Ed's **** up I feel a whole lot better about it. Thanks for letting me know. It just seemed as though Ed has no idea who chucked in for him. I mean read his posts lol That's what they say.
Anyway. I just couldn't fathom sending someone a gift without at least letting them know who it has come from, and just hyping it up into a SWFUK is great thing, instead...or whatever forum it is at the time.
Thanks again Shawn.

*Remove hand from red button. Turn down nuclear warheads to defcon 1

Shawn Wrote:
Yeah no problem. I completely see how the post would come off that way. I'm guessing maybe when he finally posts that pic of everything maybe he'll show that part of the card. I think he was mainly wanting to find out who the main organizer was. As far as I know that was Ryan, right?

Glad I stopped thermonuclear war for the time being.

Then next day he started the post on TIG.

And... to bring this back around to the topic at hand

[youtube]KllmbyRfODo[/youtube]

Joe

Grand Master
Unfortunately this is now turning into the Josh show isn't it.

Josh (as I guess you are still lurking), if you want your donation back for Ed's gift I would be more than happy to send it back to you - just let me know and I will cover it, I do appreciate you taking part but you have turned this into a complete downer and for once you really have to stop for a minute and look at how this looks to everyone else but you.

You send Shawn a petty and out of order angry rant about not being thanked, just look at what you wrote:

Hey Mate.
Just curious about Ed's parcel on SWFUK. Wasn't there a note in there saying who chucked in for him? I cannot believe there wasn't if this is the case. WTF is that all about?

Your initial PM should have stopped here, you were asking about a note and Shawn would have told you there was one and your question would have been answered but you went on to say:

If that is the case, it will be the last time I throw money down for anything like this. I have lost count of how many things I have chucked in on now to make someones day, and not had so much as a thankyou privately or in public. Besides the general one given. I realise now why that is.

Ok, so besides the general "thanks so much guys" that I am sure everyone you contributed for said on the various forums you really are or were looking for a personal PM of thanks it seems. If we were to look at each of the people listed on your communication with Shawn you may be able to get your head around WHY they hadn't sat there for hours firing off PM's to people personally.

You have people that lost family members, ended up in hospital for serious issues and in the case of Ed his whole world turned upside down and he pretty much needed time out from the hobby to get his head together.

The only thing that is obvious by your initial PM and that is that you may have chipped in to help out but you also wanted that recognition for doing so, which as everyone else here has stated is really not why you help out a fellow collector.

I am totally appalled by this whole scenario. The gift was from his friends...NOT SWFUK and ALL it's members including the tight arses who NEVER throw in for anything like this. And it wasn't meant to make a couple of people look good.

Why were you totally appalled? You didn't even get your answer and you are assuming things that aren't true. You wanting to turn this into a Josh vs SWFUK thing is not fair either, actually yes it WAS a SWFUK thing because it was organised here and at the time of donating you WERE a part of this forum. Your actions got you kicked off afterwards so even if Ed had sent out a blanket PM here you wouldn't have even been able to read it, nor would you have been able to take part in the discussion because you are banned.

Pissed at the momet, Shawnie. Really pissed mate.

Pissed because you assumed that the people that organised it wouldn't chuck in a note saying who chucked in, pissed because you didn't get your thanks, pissed because you got kicked off SWF, pissed because you think certain people do stuff like this to get kudos in the community?

There were 30+ people that took part in this, not one of them PM'd either Ryan, Shawn or myself to ask why they weren't thanked. They all got a thanks from me for sending their donation on (so did you) and they all got a general and honest thank you from Ed in this thread at the start.

Out of all those people you are the only one that kicked off about the entire situation and took it personally enough to start a thread on another board to ask for people's opinions on the matter because you just couldn't let it go? The fact that since Shawn linked it to Ed's gift you have been pretending it had nothing to do with Ed's gift/Thank you is just nuts, your first PM says it all and it is what prompted you to post.

You always talk about honesty and wanting to be around honest people, yet you have just been caught lying in order not to reveal your true feelings, why not just start a thread that said "I just chipped in to Ed's gift on SWF and it is the third time I didn't get a personal thanks, am I overreacting?" It would have still been bad form but it would have been the truth.

Tired of all this back and forth, I am glad at least that Ed is aware of all of this and he has told myself and others that despite all the drama it hasn't taken the shine off of his gift - something I was worried had happened since this came to light.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
It's petty bullshit. No matter what...I am glad to have given to someone without them asking or Privately kissing my ass after the fact. It was just to bring up the spirits of a guy having a rough period in his life. This actually should receive no further attention as the arguemnt is comletely stupid and pointless.

Seconded, in totality.

PS, nice tits, we need more of them and less petty bullshit!

PGowdy

Grand Master
I'd support stripping this thread back to before it started discussing the thread on TIG (there's a reason i don't use that forum and i'd rather not even be reading threads about it and it's members). This thread should have remained about what Ed originally intended it to be about. And nothing else.

Joe

Grand Master
Ok there are now two separate topics, this one is going to be locked and let die and the other is open again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom