Acrylic Case Damage?

Hod10

Padawan
Hi there,

I've heard acrylic cases can damage cards. Apologies for asking a dumb question. 🙂

I was looking at my Yoda mocs today and just wondered if the wear on the left-hand side of the cards is from previously being kept in an acrylic case? I've never owned acrylic cases myself but thinking of buying some.

Is this the wear you'd expect from being in and out of acrylic case or do you think it's just general wear?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 47

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Another thing to be wary of is making sure you have the right case for the figure. I mistakenly put a trilogo in a regular case and scratched the bubble on the recess where the removable bottom part sits

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I've managed to get most of my carded figures into acrylic cases hassle free until i tried to get my rancor keeper into one. The edge where the bubble sits was really curled up and i took some of the litho off down one side (i cried!). I had to get the opposite side and top edge into the rails and leave that side alone.

It helps if the carded figures are flat so if you lay the case down and slide the cardback while lifting you can usually get the card in without touching the rails until you stand it up for display.

I like the paper trick, i think i will use that method from now on so thanks for that tipđź‘Ť

Latest posts

Top Bottom