Andor! SPOILERS ALLOWED

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Finally watched the first 4 eps. I'd read reports that the show was boring, but I'm not finding it so. I'm surprised at just how much I am liking it. The first couple of episodes didn't really feel very 'Star Wars' to me, but I didn't mind. They felt more like some kind of 'sci-fi noir', and I was just fine with that. The next couple of episodes made it feel a bit more grounded in the SW universe for me, and that's fine too. My only real complaint is that the episodes are far too short. Each one seems to be over as soon as it starts!

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
I always thought it was humans vs aliens too, that's why the Chiss were such an anomaly.
Yep, you're right. There's no reason the Empire wouldn't have different human ethnicities if it was humans vs. aliens.
Perhaps its because I've always associated the Rebels with a more diverse membership (a ragtag group of different races, genders etc.) that I found it a bit out of place.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Finally watched the first 4 eps. I'd read reports that the show was boring, but I'm not finding it so. I'm surprised at just how much I am liking it. The first couple of episodes didn't really feel very 'Star Wars' to me, but I didn't mind. They felt more like some kind of 'sci-fi noir', and I was just fine with that. The next couple of episodes made it feel a bit more grounded in the SW universe for me, and that's fine too. My only real complaint is that the episodes are far too short. Each one seems to be over as soon as it starts!
'Sci-fi Noir' sums it up perfectly. Definitely got Blade Runner vibes from the first episodes.
Hopefully, it's building up to something special.
As long as we stay way from another Tatooine/random desert planet again, I don't mind 🙄.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I always thought it was humans vs aliens too, that's why the Chiss were such an anomaly.
Maybe I have missunderstood the empire. But I think I remember once I read lucas created the empire from inspiration of the nazis and it was only for white humans. In SW, ESB and ROTJ we only see white imperials. About the Chiss from books and comics. Then in the marvel comic story named Thrawn many imperial officers wants to destroy and kick thrawn out of the empire because of his blue skin. But Palpatine and Tarkin saw something special in him so they gave him a chance. Ok the same they could have seen in a black but I would have bought it if we only saw one but in 5 episodes we have seen more than one and now also asian imperials. But then again is a chiss a human.

Oh and I think episode 5 was not very good, it was only okay.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Episode 6 was absolutely superb. Makes the build up from 4 and 5 all the more important.

PS- Chiss aren't human, they're humanoid aliens.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Yep, that was fantastic.
The writing and cinematography have been really good so far. The 'Eye' chase scene with the TIEs was screensaver material.

I know the pacing and aesthetic may not be to everyone's taste, but Andor is shaping up to be a much needed breath of fresh air to the franchise.

Eps.1-6 8/10

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
We'll the latest episode wandered around a bit but I thought it really set the stage for how hated the empire are. This series is really doing well as a precursor to Star Wars as well as Rogue One.
I was also thrilled to see Dorset is now part of a galaxy far far away. Segra Milo it is!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, the depth to the ground-laying for the Empire is excellent. Loved the prison stuff and nice to see Melshi in there.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm still really liking this show. I think the writing and acting are strong and the story is holding my interest nicely. I still say it doesn't feel much like Star Wars overall, and I still don't have a problem with that per se, however since it IS set in the same universe, where are the alien races, both on Coruscant and on the planets the show visits? We see very few, and it makes no sense 'in-universe', and would presumably seem to actually be because it's cheaper and easier to dress a human in fancy clothes than to fabricate convincing alien masks, costumes and CGI beings. That's my only real gripe, other than the episodes still being too short of course, as otherwise I'm still watching and enjoying it immensely.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It's nearly finished! Can't wait to watch the final episode on Wednesday. Apparently there's a post-credits scene, so don't miss it. Think Luthen is probably my favourite character- his monologue in ep 10 (or was it 9?) was pretty special and the way he so coolly rinsed the Imperial Arrestor (lovely nod to Collin Cantwell, by the way!) and its TIE's was great 8)

Jake Maverick

Padawan
so looking forward to the finale! but here's a thought for you....if only the Empire had thought to install cameras and facial recognition systems everywhere along with digital cash...they could have crushed the rebellion within the first five minutes of the first episode and got to live happily ever after!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I really enjoyed it and it didn't feel like there were any filler episodes.
I was totally expecting this to be a stand alone series though so I'm thrilled they kept all the characters alive and their stories intact.
I can't wait to see some ultra efficient and clinical shagging between Dedra and Syri!!

Last edited:

lejackal

Grand Master
I really enjoyed it and it didn't feel like there were any filler episodes.
I was totally expecting this to be a stand alone series though so I'm thrilled they kept all the characters alive and their stories intact.
I can't wait to see some ultra efficient and clinical shagging between Dedra and Syria!!
50 shades of imperial grey

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Overall, a really good show with a lot to like about it. I know the ratings haven't been great, but that's not actually a reflection on the quality of this show, but rather the two that came before it. It's a tragedy Disney's 'The Book of Boba Fett' and 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' shows weren't made to the same high standard and with the same care, not just for the sake of those shows and the fans, but also for 'Andor', as I'm sure more people would be watching it then and it would have the ratings it deserves. Still, hopefully word of mouth will still increase 'Andor's' audience over time and make season 2 a bigger hit with the fans.

All of that said, a fan of 'Andor' though I am, I am scratching my head somewhat over this particular piece of merchandise:

https: //www.amazon.com/Cardboard-People-Advanced-Graphics-Standup/dp/B0BJQJS75K

Yes, you too could own a life-size cardboard cutout of Maarva Andor for just $49.95...

1670144673434.png

And no, I'm not making it up! :ROFLMAO:

dienstuhr

Padawan
Andor was great, not so many "member berries" (love that expression used earlier in the thread) but obvious pains were taken to fit this story into the timeframe just prior to ANH... for example the moustaches and sideburns on many of the Imperial officers were really reminiscent of the 1977 movie style.

Really great show. Loved Andy Serkis in it too.

d.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom