Are these 12" Ben Kenobi and Stormtrooper dolls boxes fake

fett1972

Padawan
Just requiring some expert advice on whether or not these Kenner boxes are original. Even though these have been graded by UKG I have never seen boxes like these as the reverse of the flap are not aligned correctly and where the reverse of the box meets the flap seems perforated. Any help appreciated

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I haven't seen a 12" box since 1980 but I've seen genuine 'first 12' Kenner cardbacks where the two sides are very slightly offset like your boxes if that helps.

fett1972

Padawan
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I have never seen any boxes like these and even though it has been graded by UKG I am still concerned

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
I don't own any of these as of yet, but have a feeling I've seen this on figures I've seen at conventions, but not 100% so I wouldn't worry as yet.

I'd drop a polite PM to Lee Bullock who'd be able to tell you straight away if legit, he's the go to go guy on the dolls.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I've messaged Lee to see if he can shed any light on this for you but I think they look fine. It's not uncommon to see packaging like this but I've not seen that perforated detail on the flap before now.

fett1972

Padawan
Many thanks. That's my main concern, I have seen the flap slightly unaligned, not as bad as these but I have never seen the perforation

fett1972

Padawan
Another concern is that neither end of the box do not appear to have been taped, this applies to both figures.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Given that these are of high grade, have the perforation on the back flap, and no tape - these are most likely to be made up box flats. Nice pieces.

fett1972

Padawan
Hi Lee

Thanks for your expert opinion, it's very re-assuring. Are box flats common and also do you have any history on how they made it onto the market?

Thanks

Lindo

Sith Lord
Did you have these graded yourself or buy them graded? if bought them graded have you checked the ukg website to ensure they did grade them as we have seen fake afa graded items before

fett1972

Padawan
Hi

I bought them graded and have just checked with UKG who confirmed that both are genuine. I am more curious about the history of the items now and what Lee has informed me has provided peace of mind.

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to respond it is greatly appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom