I do regret parting with all of these.

COMPPOTF.jpg
Bloody hell, that's some clearout :!:

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
sith-smith said:
I do regret parting with all of these.

COMPPOTF.jpg

Fantastic set there Gary 8) did you get some of those from me?

Are you considering starting a POTF collection again?
I'm currently on that road :roll:

sith-smith

Grand Master
To be fair I don't regret it overly much.

The money came in helpful for other focusses and it cleared up a lot of space to display them.

That said I do really like the look of the POTF cards and I know I'll never be able to put a complete set together again, which is a bit sad to know

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
My biggest regret is not starting earlier really. I never even knew you could get Star Wars still in packaging until about 10 years ago.
I bought a few mocs from ebay in the US back then but since I was collecting lots of records as well back then I stopped buying SW, out of financial self protection really.
Picked up where I left it last year, prices got a lot higher for SW stuff....not so much for the records I bought.

Still very happy with the collection so far though :)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
There was another regret actually. That was failing to pull the trigger on buying a yak face paint master sample. Starcase in Japan had it for sale about five or six years ago but it was good money and I had just bought something else. It was a superb piece and I dread to think what it would be worth in today's market.....

Here's a link to the piece on swca

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48363

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That was an awesome collection of potf moc you had gary 8) But great to read you used the money on some other star wars things :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Haze said:
My biggest regret is not starting earlier really. I never even knew you could get Star Wars still in packaging until about 10 years ago.
I bought a few mocs from ebay in the US back then but since I was collecting lots of records as well back then I stopped buying SW, out of financial self protection really.
Picked up where I left it last year, prices got a lot higher for SW stuff....not so much for the records I bought.

Still very happy with the collection so far though :)

I think many of us regret not starting earlier or bought the rare stuff in the early days :wink:

Lorcaljon

Padawan
Old thread but I was wallowing in regret about a sale and started googling 'star wars regrets' and this thread popped up. Sold almost all my carded figures a few years back, let them go to someone who I didn't know was a dealer. Felt properly naive; they started off nice but got quite impatient/narky while I was deciding to accept their price or not. They said they may sell some but one particular piece they faithfully promised was for them - obviously it ender up on (what I found out) was their website straight away. That left me feeling moderately conned, extremely gullible and still niggles me today.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Old thread but I was wallowing in regret about a sale and started googling 'star wars regrets' and this thread popped up. Sold almost all my carded figures a few years back, let them go to someone who I didn't know was a dealer. Felt properly naive; they started off nice but got quite impatient/narky while I was deciding to accept their price or not. They said they may sell some but one particular piece they faithfully promised was for them - obviously it ender up on (what I found out) was their website straight away. That left me feeling moderately conned, extremely gullible and still niggles me today.
Sorry to read about this mate. I have never tried this myself. But I have seen a childhood lot I was bidding on and lost the bidding. The buyer picked up the lot the same day as it was sold and the same day he put up all the items for sale on the same sales page but not as a lot but as one item in each auction for higher prices :rolleyes: so he just bought it for profit, it was in 2015.

Lorcaljon

Padawan
Sorry to read about this mate. I have never tried this myself. But I have seen a childhood lot I was bidding on and lost the bidding. The buyer picked up the lot the same day as it was sold and the same day he put up all the items for sale on the same sales page but not as a lot but as one item in each auction for higher prices :rolleyes: so he just bought it for profit, it was in 2015.
Was relatively happy to let them all go; was more the fact I felt like a mug for taking an unknown at their word. Still, wasn't as bad as the time my mum was having a haircut and told my sister to take me to Toy and Hobby with a couple of quid. Wanted a Yak Face but my big sister said it was a waste of money. I sulked and didn't buy it. Foolish youth.

Top Bottom