Cabinets help please

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
Hey guys its pretty simple I'm close to buying a cabinet for my vintage Star Wars figures and would like some tips on where I could cop a good one. Resnable price good quality
Cheers ed :mrgreen:

Joe

Grand Master
These are pretty popular with collectors (cheap too) - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10011055/?query=DETOLF

They do the job for loose collections especially if you get some acrylic risers from GW acrylic, anything else like carded or boxed isn't going to fit though.

Jez

Sith Lord
What Joe said.
The great thing about them (apart from price, look, quality etc) is that they are mass produced and readily available second hand on ebay. The bonus being that you can start off with one and but additional ones as your collection grows (and it will!) :D

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
Joe said:
These are pretty popular with collectors (cheap too) - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10011055/?query=DETOLF

They do the job for loose collections especially if you get some acrylic risers from GW acrylic, anything else like carded or boxed isn't going to fit though.
Yea this looks pretty cool cheers guys. Can you fit a lot in there? Looks like you can fill that baby :mrgreen:

mumbo

Sith Lord
Cheers for that link as i too am on the lookout and this is a worthy cabinet, will def look for second hand tho :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Joe said:
anything else like carded or boxed isn't going to fit though.

I have a Rancor, X Wing, Scout Walker and a Slave 1 in mine (and s##t loads of MOCs)

ianbrooke

Padawan
Joe said:

This is what i am going to use.. i need a few more first to make it worth it

Ian

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Bought one of those Ikea cabinets - Deltolf - great value for money and does not look cheap in anyway - best £40 I've spent on furniture.

Got some moc's in mine along with a few Lego sets to keep the dust at bay. Dusting and cleaning Lego is no fun at all :evil: so helps keep this to a minimum.

LAUGHITUPFUZZ

Youngling
These look excellent cabinets, does anyone know where to buy the bulbs for these as I'm not sure the unit comes with them.

ianbrooke

Padawan
LAUGHITUPFUZZ said:
These look excellent cabinets, does anyone know where to buy the bulbs for these as I'm not sure the unit comes with them.

The one in the link is also from Ikea but is not recommended by most users as it halogen and gets hot
You can buy LED lights from Ikea which are very good.. loads of ideas on google and you tube

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom