Danish Star Wars Stuff

Pomse2001

Grand Master
hansole 2 said:
Hi Lars

That's a cool Collection. very nice. Now I think I have seen some of the cardbacks irl. ;)

Love the read alongs. ;)

Cheers Michael

Btw I would love to see some of the norwegian stuff.

Hi michael, great to another dane in this thread :D

Yes some of them are from you, thanks for selling them to me :wink:

I hope you will show us some of your danish star wars stuff :wink:

If you have not seen the Norwegian thread then here is a link :D

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16610

I have updated again today with some more boxes and a few moc from BR :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
thanks Stephen for the kind words :D

The 2nd post have been updated again. This time with another box sold in Metro and 4 other boxes that was sold in BR :D

Darthin

Padawan
This is a wonderful thread. I am trying to get a comprehensive list of all vaguely "Norwegian" vintage SW items, and as far as I can see the Danish and Norwegian markets were quite similar in terms of released products (read-along books, comics etc). The Norwegian market was small(er) back then, being a nation with only four million people, so there weren't enormous quantities of SW stuff being sold and very little old stuff (MIB/MOC) pop up today. Personally I only know of the three MOCs already mentioned in this thread, that's about it. No major toy retailers established themselves in Norway until the nineties (BR, Toys R'usetc) so tracking down local, independent toy retailers perhaps many years out of business is quite a challenge. But I will not be deterred so watch this space ;)
Godt jobbet, mine danske brødre!

Martin (Norway)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darthin said:
This is a wonderful thread. I am trying to get a comprehensive list of all vaguely "Norwegian" vintage SW items, and as far as I can see the Danish and Norwegian markets were quite similar in terms of released products (read-along books, comics etc). The Norwegian market was small(er) back then, being a nation with only four million people, so there weren't enormous quantities of SW stuff being sold and very little old stuff (MIB/MOC) pop up today. Personally I only know of the three MOCs already mentioned in this thread, that's about it. No major toy retailers established themselves in Norway until the nineties (BR, Toys R'usetc) so tracking down local, independent toy retailers perhaps many years out of business is quite a challenge. But I will not be deterred so watch this space ;)
Godt jobbet, mine danske brødre!

Martin (Norway)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the very kind words. I can't wait to see the list :D I also think there is not many Danish moc left. I have 3 and I only know about a few more out there :(
So BR was not in Norway in the 80s ? :shock: That was something I did not know :oops:

Have you seen the Norwegian thread ?

I will soon add some more stuff to the thread :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have picked up a danish childhood collection, there was 19 boxes in the collection so I will add the stuff with danish stickers in the thread.

Post 2 is now updated with the Tri-logo Sy Snootles And The Rebo Band with the famous star wars ckokpris sticker from the Toy Store BR :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palitoy Tauntaun With Open Belly Rescue Feature sold in the Toy Store BR also added in the 2nd post from the new lot that I bought :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks to søren I have added another danish toystore called A.B. Legetøj.

And another thanks to søren, I can also show some open tri-logo Romba cards from that store. Søren bought them as a kid in the 80s in that store 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Post 2 on page 1 has been updated again. This time with a lot of Kenner and bilogo speeder bikes from the Toystore BR :D

Darthin

Padawan
That BR Xmas brochure is incredible! I'm constantly looking for norwegian brochures like that but no luck so far.
We also had the comics but the run was 32 issues in total. Will put some pics up on the Norwegian thread.
Martin

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darthin said:
That BR Xmas brochure is incredible! I'm constantly looking for norwegian brochures like that but no luck so far.
We also had the comics but the run was 32 issues in total. Will put some pics up on the Norwegian thread.
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the kind words :wink: The danish are also hard to find, søren and michael that is also on this forum has some danish star wars commercial that I do not have. I hope they will share them in the thread :D

I Hope you find some brochures in norway and I can't wait to see the update in the norwegian thread :wink:

Darthin

Padawan
Pomse2001 said:
Darthin said:
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for the kind words :wink: The danish are also hard to find, søren and michael that is also on this forum has some danish star wars commercial that I do not have. I hope they will share them in the thread :D

I Hope you find some brochures in norway and I can't wait to see the update in the norwegian thread :wink:

Just updated the Norgie thread with a toy catalogue SW scan (sadly not mine)!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Darthin said:
Pomse2001 said:
Darthin said:
Martin

Just updated the Norgie thread with a toy catalogue SW scan (sadly not mine)!

Cool I will take a look :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Post 2 on page 1 has been updated again. This time with a speeder bike from Sct. joergen bookstore.

This is the first bookstore I have ever heard about selling star wars in the old days 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Updated again with more cardbacks from some different stores.

I have also added 2 new stores Bilka and Kvickly :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
updated again this time I have added L T Legetøj or on english L T Toys with a cardback they sold in the 80s :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Metro is a Cash & Carry Warehouse and they are in many European countries. In the 80s they sold Star Wars in Denmark.
They imported both Kenner and Palitoy toy to the warehouses in Denmark. I have tried to contact them for more information about star wars in the 80s, but they could not help and they had no old advertising with star wars from the 80s. They could only confirm the price stickers was from Metro. In December 2014 Metro decided to close in Denmark :(

The earliest cardback I have found from Metro is this ESB 45 Palitoy cardback.

This cardbacks is ROTJ Palitoy cardbacks.

This cardbacks is ROTJ Kenner cardbacks.

Tri-logo was also sold in Metro :D

The European Bilogo Imperial Tie Fighter sold in Metro.

The Palitoy Darth Vader Tie Fighter sold in Metro.

The Kenner ESB Vehicle Maintenance Energizer also sold in Metro.

Another Bilogo, The INT-4 Interceptor also sold in Metro.

The Bilogo AST-5 Armoured Sentinel Transport Vehicle also sold in Metro.

European Bilogo CAP-2 Captivator also sold in Metro.

The Palitoy ESB Battle Damaged X-Wing Fighter was also sold in Metro.

And last The European Bilogo Imperial Tie Interceptor sold in Metro, there is a sticker on it, that says it is moulded in France 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom