Is it the 40 years anniversary yet of...

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Admiral Ackbar ROTJ Action Figure...?

when did he land in our hands as kids? I'm assuming it was the mail away (me and my brother both got one). Was that in late 1982 as some sources state, considering that he was advertised on the (correct me) 48back ESB cards?

Can we celebrate?

lejackal

Grand Master
Admiral Ackbar ROTJ Action Figure...?

when did he land in our hands as kids? I'm assuming it was the mail away (me and my brother both got one). Was that in late 1982 as some sources state, considering that he was advertised on the (correct me) 48back ESB cards?

Can we celebrate?
Would the figure have been 8/9 months ahead of the film? I know it was the revenge offer so when did the title get changed?

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
The date of release of Ackbar is 1982, with a 1982 COO (COO experts can clarify) so just wondered if anyone knew the date they received their mail away, or got him carded... ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Jedi was released 2 June 1983 in the UK so I reckon your pretty accurate. It's going to be 40 years in March that I got my first Star Wars toys and they were mostly ESB toys in/on Jedi packaging.

Markzane

Padawan
It was definitely late 82 that mine arrived in the post (I was the first to get him at my school) I think it was sometime in October.

lejackal

Grand Master
Slightly off topic but on the mail away front I always remember saving up and sending for a figure, probably Dengar, but the timeline just doesn't fit as my first memory of getting a SW figure was Xmas 85 (threepio and R2 on Trilog based on photos) so offers would
be well and truly expired. Strange what the brain does with memories

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I knew he was from 82 since I am a coo collector, but I do not know more about when it was put up for sale and I never had one :(

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter

Palifan

Sith Lord
I was going to say 1983 as that was the year for Jedi's release and remember that the first 12 have coo stamps of 1977 but weren't released until 78. Mike confirms this 83 date with the rebel sum link above (that's if they're right?!), and I remember getting my mail away Boba Fett in the summer of 1980, around the same time the ESB figures were released, but it's hard to know if i waited longer than the stated wait time.

These dates for figure releases can be tricky but the research is always a bit of fun :)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom