Latest Acquisitions

stormcab

Sith Lord
PulsarP said:
Lindo said:
I think that luke x wing was sold about 4 times, glad to see someone from here got it in the end :)

I left him the relevant feedback then so did a couple more.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah it's been utterly bizarre. He did the same with an 80 grade ESB AT-AT Driver I got from him. That was up for months going through BINs, auctions that would be cancelled halfway, or with a minimum that was not met. I assumed he was trying his best to get the best price, and in the end I think it made many not bother bidding, so I got it for a bargain £143 I believe. I fully expected to get some excuse, but good as gold, he sent it.

Similar happened with this, but not as drawn out. I was gutted when I saw it sell for £725 I think the first time, as I never bothered bidding thinking I'd have no chance. Then low and behold it came up again for £875 including delivery. No one else bid except me. Again I was expecting some excuse, but quickly got a message to say nice doing business with you again. I'll get it out to you soon.

Why I have been the chosen one he's sold to I have no idea. He told me he paid £1900 for this last May, so I did actually get a bloody bargain. To be honest though, I feel a little sick for him as that's a massive loss, and he said he was selling as he needed the money.

What a bloody drama, but seems I've done quite well.

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
stormcab said:
PulsarP said:
Lindo said:
I think that luke x wing was sold about 4 times, glad to see someone from here got it in the end :)

I left him the relevant feedback then so did a couple more.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah it's been utterly bizarre. He did the same with an 80 grade ESB AT-AT Driver I got from him. That was up for months going through BINs, auctions that would be cancelled halfway, or with a minimum that was not met. I assumed he was trying his best to get the best price, and in the end I think it made many not bother bidding, so I got it for a bargain £143 I believe. I fully expected to get some excuse, but good as gold, he sent it.

Similar happened with this, but not as drawn out. I was gutted when I saw it sell for £725 I think the first time, as I never bothered bidding thinking I'd have no chance. Then low and behold it came up again for £875 including delivery. No one else bid except me. Again I was expecting some excuse, but quickly got a message to say nice doing business with you again. I'll get it out to you soon.

Why I have been the chosen one he's sold to I have no idea. He told me he paid £1900 for this last May, so I did actually get a bloody bargain. To be honest though, I feel a little sick for him as that's a massive loss, and he said he was selling as he needed the money.

What a bloody drama, but seems I've done quite well.

He didn't pay 1900 for it, not even close.
However, for a 90 grade you got a good purchase.

I was the second highest bidder this time out but why he simply didn't just put a reserve in place is beyond me.
Maybe he's a bit thick?
Buying a figure for 1900 last year and selling it to you for less than half that would suggest so :wink:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170226-192116.png
    Screenshot_20170226-192116.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 502
  • Screenshot_20170226-192130.png
    Screenshot_20170226-192130.png
    27 KB · Views: 503

Lindo

Sith Lord
well chuffed for you stormcab :) it is nice to get a bargain, pulsar I don't put reserves on things when I sell them because ebay charge you to do that, maybe he does it for that reason

Droopy

Padawan
Some amazing pick ups as always guys, and a lot of love for those vans which are, frankly, cool as ****!!

However, none of this compares to my super rare, grail item, only 10 a day sold on eBay, card fresh, minty, no coo variant, big head blue yakkletooth! :lol:

In all seriousness though, this is a lovely figure and leaves me with only r2 pop up and blue snag needed to complete my loose run! 8)

Attachments

• IMG_4661.JPG
    IMG_4661.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 476

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Lindo said:
well chuffed for you stormcab :) it is nice to get a bargain, pulsar I don't put reserves on things when I sell them because ebay charge you to do that, maybe he does it for that reason

Irrelevant.
Doesn't make it acceptable to let an auction run and cancel the winning bids. He needs to inform any potential bidder that this will happen if that's the case.

Lindo

Sith Lord
PulsarP said:
Lindo said:

Irrelevant.
Doesn't make it acceptable to let an auction run and cancel the winning bids. He needs to inform any potential bidder that this will happen if that's the case.
totally agree the point I was making was ebay charge for a reserve price which is why few people use them

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Lindo said:
PulsarP said:
Lindo said:

Irrelevant.
totally agree the point I was making was ebay charge for a reserve price which is why few people use them

I understand that Lindo but the practice of that particular ebayer is undermining his reputation as less people will trust him enough to bid what they normally would which in turn is affecting his profits so he'd be better off paying the extra fees for the reserve which in the grand scheme of things aren't massive.
Had the guy had 100% feedback and I hadn't had issues with the guy's morals, I would happily pay upto a grand for that beautiful example instead of the 700 i didnt want to go above.
As a result Stormcab got a nice deal when it was relisted for the umpteenth time.
The fact is most of the bidders or watchers from his previous listings would be the same bidders or watchers for the second, third and fourth and as the same item becomes available time after time suspicion arises and people move on.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Little bit of back log as I've picked these up in the last month or so...

Lily Ledi Han 12" :

IMG_1116.JPG

It does have the wrong coloured belt, but hey... it's a Ledy Han!

47a Han MOC:

IMG_1293.JPG

Hanger damage, but this chap leaves me just one more Kenner back (numeric) for the run.

Small piece of black plastic:

IMG_1282.JPG

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
A Ledy Han 8)
All great items but I always love seeing any LL 12" item.
I keep promising myself that one day I will finally get a piece

Jez

Sith Lord
Just 8 days and my mind has been blown!

Page 2088
PulsarP: Mate massive congrats on the POTF R2 Pop Up, very nice. Lucky boy.
Spoons: Congrats on the Canadian 20 Back. What's next on the radar?
Palitoy Junkie: Stunning Han Solo on Tri Logo, he looks brilliant.

Page 2089
Chipsteak: Wow thats a blast from the past. I loved Menzies. Nice one.
Seahawks: Those vans are the bollocks. Not sure about in the USA, but that means they are cool as hell over here dude.
Dr Ball MD: Love love love an A-Wing. Looks great mate.

Page 2090
Mike Strange: Awesome addition to your focus. Dude thats a combination of two things i'd love to have; a carded Yak and a miscard. Bravo.
Chrisfnx: I agree, that has to be one of my favourite cards. He looks Ally as f##k.
Iain: Mate mate mate, congrats dude. I can't believe you managed to get 2 of the buggers. So cool. Sweet Bendem (never thought i'd say that).
Stormcab: Ohhh, so it was you!! Congrats mate, i was watching him and was really surprised with the hammer price. Delighted for you but also massively envious. Well done. The AT AT Driver is also very cool, but you know i have a thing for LXW.

Page 2091
Andy Preston: Wow, that is an eye opener, fantastic post. Thanks for sharing, thats so cool.
Droopy: Great looking Yak. Flawless Muff.

Page 2092
Savory100: Wow sir, a LL Han 12" (love the blaster), 47A Han, and a sweet YPS Trooper, very very cool mate, well done.

I can't wait to get myself a Vintage fix!! It's been too long. I need to treat myself at Celebration :)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just got this Palitoy retailer price list from 1979, don't the prices make you weep!

The other thing I found very interesting is the assortments. You could order boxes of 48 x 12-back R2, 3PO, Vader and Stormtrooper, but the other figures came as an assortment together - shows how popular those 4 must have been. I also like the reference to 'New Star Wars Assortment' which must have been the 20-backs, and the 'Land of the Jarvas'!

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom