Latest Acquisitions

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Steve, that Boba is fantastic 8)

Awesome Ewok belt, Scott- never seen that before.

Love the poster Walkie- been after the leaflet, but can't seem to find one!

Ponch- live the loosies- full of character 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
Never the best idea to bust through your Celebration funds before you even get there - but couldn't turn this beauty down - really appreciate Christian hand delivering him to me (along with a load of new prototype GW cases - which look great) - traded my last one away to Edd so happy to have one again

SAM_2579.JPG

stormcab

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Never the best idea to bust through your Celebration funds before you even get there - but couldn't turn this beauty down - really appreciate Christian hand delivering him to me (along with a load of new prototype GW cases - which look great) - traded my last one away to Edd so happy to have one again

Wowzer, right up near the top of my want list

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
itfciain said:

SAM_2579.JPG

Sweet !!!!!

Jibbajabba

Padawan
Love that tri logo Royal Guard 8)

Not quite in the same league but here's the latest addition to my little baggie collection
I'm now not 100% sure it's genuine :?
As to me the font looks a little blurred and I haven't seen one before where figure is holding weapon??

Any experts care to run their eye over it for me please so I can either thank the seller or start cursing myself for jumping in too quickly :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Lovely ERG Iain 8)

Nice baggie- hope it's genuine...

Got this the other day as an early birthday present. Been after one for a while, but since our beloved Carrie died, they've gone from sub £100 to £200- £300. Thankfully, this wasn't listed very well and got it for the old price 8) VERY pleased with it :)

20170409_114217_zpsywpotdn5.jpg

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Let me bore you with a story.

Back in 2014 me and rich won an auction for a suitcase palitoy time capsule. Part of the same auction contained several miscards, including several atst/hoth trooper miscards, a Vader/tfp and an fx7/hoth trooper. I won one of the several miscards, the others went for mental money and a rebel commando/hoth rebel soldier miscard slipped under the radar. I didn't bid on it because I thought it was going to go high. It sold for a measly £70 plus fees. I was kicking myself for missing it.

Yesterday I was at echo live with Simon, stu, nick and James. Simon was selling his Mocs and a guy stops to chat with him regarding trading and possible values for some items he has. Stu calls me over to get an opinion on a miscard he has and low and behold, the very same moc I missed at vectis. The new owner had it graded, and it had scored an impressive 40, mainly due to the crushed bubble and torn hanger tab, plus the writing on the nameplate. I think this really adds to the character of this piece.

The new owner wasn't really bothered about selling it but it didn't fit into his collection as the only miscard so he seemed quite happy that it was going into a collection where it fitted but he wanted to trade, ironically for simons tri logo tie fighter pilot that I had been previously looking at with longing eyes. Thanks to Simon the deal was struck and Simon let me buy the miscard at the exchange value, which was a bit more than the origional £70, but then hey, that's inflation.

Here is the moc and origional auction.

IMG_6092.JPG

IMG_6097.PNG

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cazza, great Boushh! I've been after any carded Boushh since I started back collecting 2 years ago and STILL no joy because I won't pay the daft prices. Sub £100 is an insanely good buy and the condition of that card is amazing.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Cazza, great Boushh! I've been after any carded Boushh since I started back collecting 2 years ago and STILL no joy because I won't pay the daft prices. Sub £100 is an insanely good buy and the condition of that card is amazing.

Thanks mate. Yeah, used to be fairly common and affordable, but it's one of those MOCS that seems to have gone up in price the most in recent times. Also difficult to find a decent Palitoy one. I'll keep my eye out for you ;)

Ben, that's a great story! Karma 8)

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
My latest acquisition is a set of photos I found over the weekend while visiting my parents during their 50th anniversary. They brought out a box of pictures that had been stored away and covered in dust for decades. While my sister and I were rummaging through them, I found this small set of pictures from my birthday in 1979 which I'd never seen before.

Pretty dang cool to have photographic evidence of where my obsession began.

Can you name all the Star Wars items in the pictures? :)

November 1979-A.jpg

November 1979-B.jpg

November 1979-C.jpg

November 1979-D.jpg

November 1979-E.jpg

November 1979-F.jpg

PulsarP

Jedi Knight
Land of the Jawas, Dewback and a Fett figure?

Loving those old photos mate, can't put a price on 'em.
Also loving all the other pick ups on here.
Here's a not too obvious miscard I picked up.

Attachments

• 20170410_234656.jpg
    20170410_234656.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 660

spoons

Grand Master
Seahawks said:
My latest acquisition is a set of photos I found over the weekend while visiting my parents during their 50th anniversary. They brought out a box of pictures that had been stored away and covered in dust for decades. While my sister and I were rummaging through them, I found this small set of pictures from my birthday in 1979 which I'd never seen before.

Pretty dang cool to have photographic evidence of where my obsession began.

Can you name all the Star Wars items in the pictures? :)

PulsarP said:
Land of the Jawas, Dewback and a Fett figure?

Loving those old photos mate, can't put a price on 'em.
Also loving all the other pick ups on here.
Here's a not too obvious miscard I picked up.

I'd agree with that - carry case too? What a find Seahawks - really pleased for you

And that R2 is something special Pulsar, even without being a miscard 8)

So many excellent pickups and stories! The tri ERG and 21 back Boba are outstanding, love the AT-AT commander baggie too jibbajabba and your Leia Chris. Interesting that they are going up in price

poncho said:
Also this pair from ebay from the same seller from seperate auctions. i thought who would ever buy the luke farmboy would more than likely take the saber out. IMO they should stay together. degraded and well loved a LFB and Leia Organa. Leia has its head repaired along time ago as its screwed in with a rusty screw from inspection. 2 of the most beautiful beaters ive seen for while IMO. from chatting with the seller His mother sent away for for these when he was a child and he recived 4 figures in box. early bird perhaps? anyway they remain togther which is the most important thing :) enjoy

P1050966_zps380fmhei.jpg

Chris that Luke and Leia have to stay together, the screw in the head takes me right back to my original screwed together TIE. Great pick up and story

AndyPreston said:
Just got this Palitoy retailer price list from 1979, don't the prices make you weep!

That's really interesting Andy. I hope you don't mind but I've used your die cast prices photo on my website to go with an existing article on the trade catalogues.

Hooch said:
So much cool stuff shown in this thread and I finally get to add something again today
Unused children's Wicket the Ewok belt made by Lee

001622.jpg

Fantastic item Hooch - there is so much out there I've never even heard of 8)

Mr-shifter said:
Let me bore you with a story.

The new owner wasn't really bothered about selling it but it didn't fit into his collection as the only miscard so he seemed quite happy that it was going into a collection where it fitted but he wanted to trade, ironically for simons tri logo tie fighter pilot that I had been previously looking at with longing eyes. Thanks to Simon the deal was struck and Simon let me buy the miscard at the exchange value, which was a bit more than the origional £70, but then hey, that's inflation.

Brilliant Ben - congrats. Love it when toys come home to roost. Do you think the writing was done by the store?

Jez said:
Spoons: Congrats on the Canadian 20 Back. What's next on the radar?

Thanks Jez, I would have said not much and then this arrived in the post out of the blue. A birthday present from Justin Lea - a resealed Toltoys TIE. I'm made up :D

Toltoys%20TIE_zpsivcuuytc.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom