Latest Acquisitions

MarkG

Jedi Master
Currently doing a bit of travelling in the US... so one stop was Big Fun Toys in Columbus, Ohio.

The guys there were great. Very friendly and chatted for ages. A fair bit of vintage to be had in the way of loose figures and vehicles (mostly incomplete) and some boxed vehicles and a handful of common mocs.

Walked away after about an hour with a small haul that will just about fit in the suitcase.

20170628_220954.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Added a little something special to the collection today. Off work, so a 200km round trip to collect, but it was definitely worth it.... :D
IMG_20170629_165422.jpg

IMG_20170629_165457.jpg

Here it is alongside it's Kenner counterpart...
IMG_20170629_165544.jpg

Came across it by pure luck on a local sales site...The fella selling had other bits but mentioned he had a Landspeeder too! Couldn't believe when I saw the box...was an absolute gent and held it till I could get down to him this morning.....very happy!

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
That landspeeder is a beauty!! Great pick up!

This is my latest, unused at at and a local pick up off eBay! Great price and they have other pieces I'm picking up soon!

Attachments

• IMG_6227.JPG
    IMG_6227.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_6228.JPG
    IMG_6228.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_6229.JPG
    IMG_6229.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 757

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sorry mate already gone! Wife doesn't like me having one at at let alone two :lol:
How do people display unused boxed items though :?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
MarkG said:
Currently doing a bit of travelling in the US... so one stop was Big Fun Toys in Columbus, Ohio.

The guys there were great. Very friendly and chatted for ages. A fair bit of vintage to be had in the way of loose figures and vehicles (mostly incomplete) and some boxed vehicles and a handful of common mocs.

Walked away after about an hour with a small haul that will just about fit in the suitcase.

20170628_220954.jpg

Nice little haul. Is the Imperial Attack Base instructions by Kenner or Palitoy?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
roundster said:
That landspeeder is a beauty!! Great pick up!

This is my latest, unused at at and a local pick up off eBay! Great price and they have other pieces I'm picking up soon!

That's a lovely ATAT, don't see many in that condition.
Makes me wonder why it was never played with, what's it story?

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Was bought by an adult artist and think he never got round to doing anything with it. Picking up some more bits soon that he made cards for and boxes for the vehicles. Will put on here when I get them!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
A few new items that I've added recently, all with a bit of a hairy theme to them!

First up a sealed Palitoy Chewbacca Bandolier Strap, an interesting addition as these weren't generally available in Palitoy packaging or sold in shops in the UK. This has a 49p sticker showing it was in a UK store as an end of line clearance item (presumably left over from the mailaway promotion), and as such is great for my UK focussed collection.

IMG_1611.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

Next a Palitoy Trilogo boxed Mookiee the Ewok, I've been after one of these for ages and really pleased to add this. Unusually this find got some positive feedback from my wife as she had one of these as a child! The sticker shows this to be another Palitoy end of line clearance item.

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

And finally a boxed Waddingtons Ewoks jigsaw, complete and with the original poster.

IMG_1598.JPG

Cheers, just off to the grooming parlour!

Jez

Sith Lord
OK, so contrary to popular belief Spoons!, I don't have much spare time. I had to do the last podcast without actually doing a mass update, so this one pretty much takes in 6 weeks worth of LA goodness!

Page 2113
Mark G - Nice Turret and Probot set, my eyes nearly popped out of my head when i saw the price! OK so you had a spare but you did well mate.
Steve Savory - Thats a great haul of Vinyl there, almost makes me want to buy a record player, top stuff.

Page 2114
Coomber75 - Very nice looking split bubble Palitoy Stormtrooper, top die cast to boot.
DorsetMark - Thanks for the Karma comment. Top looking R5 ESB MOC, very nice. I understand why Rich has a focus, it is a great cardback.
Steve Savory - Mate, i'm so glad you managed to get the other Yak. You also had a great deal with that Commando, nice one.
Gadders - Thanks for the kind words dude.
Roundster - Great buy on the Feet dude. Nice R5, Jabba Goons and AT AT Driver. You've done well mate.

Poncho - You know i love those Balloons mate, i think you've left me a PM on TXI, i must nip over there after this and check it out. Top buy.
Sublevel - I've seen that Luke pistol before, i think Grant tagged me once, I liked it back then, but together with your others it looks awesome!!
MarkG - Nice Stormie cardback mate
PalitoyJunky - Stunning Palitoy (what every else) Vader, really mint.
SOJ - Very odd looking Luke Jedi custom. It's your birthday, you do what you want, just don't Ugrade.

Page 2116
SOJ - Great alternative photo art Ben, he looks awesome.
Carl Waterworth - Great looking ESB MOC FX7, one of the cards which always escaped my collection, but a favourite for sure.
Seahawks - I always love your posts, thanks for the Duel at the Death Star playset video, it's great to see it working. Great score mate.
Steve Obi Wan - Wow, just wow, stunning Palitoy 12 Back Luke Farmboy, utterly stunning.

Page 2117
Andy Preston - You know i was impressed with those curtains, very cool. Plus as Featured on The Vintage Rebellion!
Apack7229 - The box for the Darth Vader's Star Destroyer, what sparked off our latest Podcast discussion on this very cool playset (Spaceship)
Chrisfnx - This was the page for Podcast shout outs! Cracking find of figures and Wampa, welcome done mate.
Scruffy - Dude thats a greta haul, awesome! The fan club letter with the triple bill is brilliant. Very nice mate.
Lom - Great triple bill poster, really cool mate. Sweet that it was posted after scruffy's letter.
Coomber75 - Great bargain Die Casts.
DublinJeff - Nice line up of R2s.

Page 2118
Mr Shifter - Lego is always good, but that Hoth Leia is so nice, well done bruv. Quality Ice Capades pennant as well. Good on you for the video.
Palitoy Junky - Stunning Luke Bespin 45A, very mint. Not at all yellow.
DublinJeff - Sweet Droids factory, nice one mate. Love that R2.
Stubbs - Great ESB Falcon dude, congrats.
Edd Jedi - It's your forum, do what you like dude. On a serious note, that looks awesome mate, very cool piece of Kenner. A blast from the past.

Page 2119
Edd Jedi - Totally agree, that cardback is bloody lovely. Congrats on the LFB Gunner alt image.
Nick IOW - That Canadian GDE Sand People is a thing of beauty, very very cool. Nice one Nick.
apack7229 - I don't blame you with the cut bubble Feet, very good way to get a carded Feet dude. Well done.
rhyfelyser - Great alternative photo art Ben, glad you are happy with the price mate, good for you.
lejackal - Carl, as you know, i love this sort of stuff, huge congrats on the cut carded R2, it's great with the old photo. Nice ReeYees to boot! as Featured on The Vintage Rebellion!

Page 2120
MarkG - Your cardback focus is coming on, nice one.
DublinJeff - Nice looses and Dixie Cups.
Seahawks - Great VHS and Betamax tapes, as featured on The Vintage Rebellion. Top poster as well!
JediJut - Yes, this post is one of the stand out posts of the last month! Cracking haul of Die Cast Landspeeders, bravo mate, as Featured on The Vintage Rebellion!
Chrisfnx - Even more bargain loose figures, as Featured on The Vintage Rebellion!

Page 2121
Cardback kid - Sorry to hear that you lost the bug (past tense), sounds like your back and doing great. Nice loose run mate, best of luck with the rest!
Seahawks - Ummmmm, lol, that was so funny to watch. Great looking custom Blue Snag mask.
DublinJeff - Congrats on completing the vehicle set dixie cup run mate.
Lejackal - Interesting price stickers and nice run of loose figures dude. $3.69 for a Ree Yees WTF? I think i bought my loose one for half that in 2009!
Mini99 - 2 x ESB MOCs that always eluded me. Love the WBG and Ugnaught, very nice condition mate, in fact typically mint as one would expect!

Page 2122
Robstyley - Love this way of collecting mate. Bravo on the Ben with split bubble, it looks great!
lejackal - Yeah, you've joined the club! Great Wokling, everyone needs a Wokling!
Hooch - Mate, i'f have expected you to have already had one of those bad boys! Nice Battle Wagon mate, it'll go great in your collection!
Mr Shifter - I was just about to say something a bit derogatory about those Ewok but your follow up post to Coomber75 made me think 'fair play'. Interesting little side focus you have there dude. Nice one!
Olisuds - Top Goozee poster mate, nice job of the framing. An epic image.
Wrighty - Nice Jawa cardback mate.
Theforceuk - Sweet Bossk ESB, to hell with the grade!

Page 2123
Rich - I love an ESB 21 back. Congrats on the R5 mate, he looks awesome.
Dublin Jeff - Nice collection of Ben and Vader loosies.
Edd Jedi - Mate that is a great run of Luke X-Wing Pilots, very cool. Congrats on the ROTJ final piece of the jigsaw, he's mint.

Page 2124
Scruffy - Brave man for the tape manipulation on the Amanaman, well done mate.
Cazza - Nice ESB Vader mate, congrats, i'm glad you got a good un.
DublinJeff - Top X-Wing and Land Of The Jawas boxed playset and ship. Great looking die cast, very nice mate.
Kvavik - Amazing looking Ooze eye ERG, really vibrant, as Featured on The Vintage Rebellion!

Page 2125
Cardback Kid - Cool Droids 3PO mate, nice one. You doing a run of Droids?
Scruffy - Great post with the ROTJ Feet mate, delighted that you got such a great piece at a great price. Jail Break??
Scruffy - I've just read your post about the jail break, yes but not yet. Holy crap that poster is huge!! £25 plus fees extremely well spent, i love it.

Page 2126
Seahawks - Cracking Plush Chewbacca, please tell me what Facebook group you posted this on. Someone tagged me in the post but i can't find it anymore. Great pick up dude.
Mini99 - Wow that Pop Up R2 Tri Logo is stunning mate, absolutely stunning.
Lejackal - Mint Luke Hoth loose figure and nice LFB cardback mate.
MarkG - Congrats on the USA finds mate, love the Tie Fighter and Twin Pod Cloud Car. Great cardbacks to boot!
DublinJeff - Wow that was a bit of a drive, but for a sweet piece. I hope you got a good deal mate. Looks great next to the Kenner one.
Roundster - Congrats on a sweet un used boxed AT AT, very cool.

Page 2127
Andy Preston - Wow, i've never seen one of this before, a sealed 49p offer Bandolier Strap!! Very cool. I love it! Great boxed Mookie and jigsaw as well.

Fantastic as ever lads

Latest posts

Top Bottom