Let’s see your vintage dioramas, big and small

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm sure for most of us it's the magic of our vintage toys and the childhood memories of playing with them that drives our love for hobby.

Thought it might be a nice idea to post up pictures of our vintage figures, ships and play sets set up in some fun poses.

So get them down off the shelf and pretend you are 8 again. Set up a few figures like you did back in the day. Maybe you have your favourite figure standing on your desk or like to set them up similar to the original box art for some cool pics.

Let's see your vintage dioramas - big and small.
9D058413-85D1-4011-A1C5-7611EDA2103B.jpeg

Last edited:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is a brilliant :)
Just the mix of colours, boxes and figures.
Re creating the cantina scene is cool but love Luke under the bonnet. Definitely reminded me of my figures fixing ships back in the day (y)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Thanks

Setting these up was the best part of arranging my room.

The Kenner section is definitely more active than the Palitoy version of this I have set up. Will post another pic when I get the chance

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice displays. I'm afraid space rather prohibits me from having any vintage dioramas on display, although I did once do these two (sorry to anyone that's seen them before!): :)

Diorama 01a.jpg

Diorama 02a.jpg

And if you'll pardon the intrusion of one modern photo, I do also have this effort (I really must get around to adding real sand to this one!):

16.jpg

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
@Snaketibe
For years I've been thinking about tracking down a DVSD play set. Had it as a kid but never really loved it - always annoyed me that it was open. I wanted a spaceship not a play set but after looking at your pic I 100% want one now :LOL: :LOL::LOL:
The box art got it so wrong - the Bounty Hunter line up looks amazing.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
@Snaketibe
For years I've been thinking about tracking down a DVSD play set. Had it as a kid but never really loved it - always annoyed me that it was open. I wanted a spaceship not a play set but after looking at your pic I 100% want one now :LOL: :LOL::LOL:
The box art got it so wrong - the Bounty Hunter line up looks amazing.
Thanks. You do have to rather shoehorn the figures in there, but they can be made to fit! :LOL:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Amazing stuff Snakebite. The Tatooine Skiff is a quality toy. But that Sail barge is the nuts! Nicely displayed mate. :cool:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nice displays. I'm afraid space rather prohibits me from having any vintage dioramas on display, although I did once do these two (sorry to anyone that's seen them before!): :)

And if you'll pardon the intrusion of one modern photo, I do also have this effort (I really must get around to adding real sand to this one!):

It looks awesome (y)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Amazing stuff Snakebite. The Tatooine Skiff is a quality toy. But that Sail barge is the nuts! Nicely displayed mate. :cool:
Thanks, and please call me Jeremy if you prefer. Deliberately choosing snaketibe as a handle inevitably leads to people calling me snakebite :) . I don't blame them, I blame me :ROFLMAO:

Jeremy

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
@poncho
That is brilliant mate. Love it. That's exactly what I'm talking about, couple of figures set up and they look amazing.

I took a pic of Han and Chewie in the Flacon cockpit, didn't actually make anything like you did, but just enough to make me smile when I look at it.

9407E3B5-043A-468A-933F-EB6CC17AAE33.jpeg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
@poncho
That is brilliant mate. Love it. That's exactly what I'm talking about, couple of figures set up and they look amazing.

I took a pic of Han and Chewie in the Flacon cockpit, didn't actually make anything like you did, but just enough to make me smile when I look at it.

Another great picture (y)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's another from me. The Palitoy version of the previous one I posted.
Excellent! A great display of Palitoy goodness. Plus, as a kid I played with my Palitoy playsets all the time, and this set up brings back many happy memories. Although the Death Star was my favourite (when I eventually got one), I also loved my Cantina and Land of the Jawas. Perhaps oddly, I actually preferred the latter, but I still loved my Cantina as well, and had many a session recreating Obi-Wan lopping off a limb or two :). The Droid Factory was also well used, but for me, apart from the 3-legged R2, the fact that the droids you could make weren't in the films always meant I didn't regard it as 'true' Star Wars in my mind :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom