Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

maxf

Jedi Master
Frunkstar said:
I have sent Jeff an email with a link to this in hopes he will come on & clear this up if it is a simple case he is also the victim of a fraud on a large scale??

Frank - I've always found you very helpful and am sure you are trying to look after the best interests of the hobby.

I don't have a dog in this fight (I have 2 baggies - both worth a couple of pints of beer). I'm surprised you didn't contact Jeff before doing this - I'd have thought that would be the first thing to do?

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Some of the bags posted are really bad and not good if he sold questionable baggies after the fact he was told they where fake.

The evidence is not looking good and even if Jeff wasn't making these baggies himself he should have 110% been questioning them from whoever he was getting them from.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I dont know who jeff is even

However guilty or not i do think the right thing to do was let him know before posting this. Not that he should be allowed time to try to make excuses but just on the very off chance he is innocent

xbomber

Padawan
lee gray said:
I dont know who jeff is even

However guilty or not i do think the right thing to do was let him know before posting this. Not that he should be allowed time to try to make excuses but just on the very off chance he is innocent

Can't disagree with you but it's academic now and any attempt to close this particular Pandoras Box could generate confusion for folks who are even now finding this thread.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Another real shame for the hobby. Nice work by Frank and co uncovering it all. I've always stayed away from baggies as they struck me as far too easy to fake. Now we know...

Jason

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Frank, the R5-D4 that you said was on ebay right now.

I just took a look: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-R5-D4-Sealed-SW-a-Baggie-1978-Very-Nice-Rare-/252714327669?hash=item3ad6f29e75%3Ag%3A7T0AAOSwA3dYXIkv&nma=true&si=RVHwzjVsRRZUFT0%252FbJ4TD%252B%252B60is%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Listing's been ended today. But it wasn't being sold by Jeff but by another seller - is this one that had originally come from Jeff?

Also, is Jeff a member on this forum?

lee gray

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
Another real shame for the hobby. Nice work by Frank and co uncovering it all. I've always stayed away from baggies as they struck me as far too easy to fake. Now we know...

Jason
And knowings half the battle.......oops wrong toyline !

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
I think this thread highlights the importance of keeping records of all your purchases and all your sales.

I very much hope that anyone who has bought a baggie that is 'wrong' will be given the return / refund option.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Why has one of the collectors names who've investigated this been removed from opening post. The one removed is a huge Baggie expert, any reason why he's disappeared???

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
I must confess that I am somewhat flabbergasted that all those involved with this 'expose' didn't think it appropriate to confront Jeff privately first. I realise that the evidence appears damning but it's not absolutely conclusive that he is manufacturing and distributing these things; what is conclusive however, is that Jeff's reputation in this hobby is now in shreds.

Great work with the investigation; phenomenal work from you all, but I don't feel particularly comfortable with the way the unmasking's been handled.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Lest we forget ....the collectors bringing this to our attention are " passionate" in the extreme for the hobby and specifically in regard to baggies. It is easy to comment, not so easy to put yourself out there with conviction as has been done here for the greater good.

The post was started with the words ... It is with great sadness..... The person in question was catergorically told that some items were fake, but still put them up for sale again, it sounds like the scale of the situation is quite frightening and damaging to the hobby.

For these reasons alone this had to be put out there.

A constant gripe in today's collecting market is greed and fakes and anything that turns the tide in anyway should be supported, should it not? Damn right it should in my book!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've never had any interest in baggies either, apart from the Woolworths 8 pack which I did get as a kid.

But still reading through parts of this thread just makes me so sad.

The **** people get up to, I feel sorry for you, I really I do. :cry:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Here's a few pics of the bossk mailer I bought at FF last year. I'm fairly certain it was from Jeff but his stall was very close to another so I cannot be 100%.

I'm certainly no expert on baggies and only bought this to compliment my Bossk focus, it appears to have the correct SW-a baggie but close ups of the font look disturbingly similar to the fakes shown earlier.

The bag is crinkly and is heat sealed. Frank, if you need better pictures to update your guide please just ask.

Attachments

• 2017-01-10 22.48.53.jpg
    2017-01-10 22.48.53.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 651
  • 2017-01-10 22.49.22.jpg
    2017-01-10 22.49.22.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 657

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
Lest we forget ....the collectors bringing this to our attention are " passionate" in the extreme for the hobby and specifically in regard to baggies. It is easy to comment, not so easy to put yourself out there with conviction as has been done here for the greater good!

One of them, and one who I'd say is a well respected Baggie expert though has been removed, someone who visited and look at his stock. Why has his name been removed? I'm wondering if he doesn't agree with everything being said or perhaps the way it's being handled but would be interested in an explanation why he's been removed from the initial comments.

Lom said:
I must confess that I am somewhat flabbergasted that all those involved with this 'expose' didn't think it appropriate to confront Jeff privately first. I realise that the evidence appears damning but it's not absolutely conclusive that he is manufacturing and distributing these things; what is conclusive however, is that Jeff's reputation in this hobby is now in shreds.

I'm in the same boat as Martins comments, doesn't sit well with me either, I'd like to have thought they'd approach the bloke first and seek out what his comments were, whether he has done anything dubious or not no longer matters now, his name has been dragged through the mud and if he is innocent then this will always be connected to him.

I hope it's factual for initial post as this post is massively slanderous.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Stuart Skinner said:
Lom said:

I'm in the same boat as Martins comments, doesn't sit well with me either, I'd like to have thought they'd approach the bloke first and seek out what his comments were, whether he has done anything dubious or not no longer matters now, his name has been dragged through the mud and if he is innocent then this will always be connected to him.

I hope it's factual for initial post as this post is massively slanderous.

Im in the same boat here. I'm perturbed this thread has happened the way it has. This has been trial by forum, and Jeff has been hung drawn and quartered. Its not like he's not prepared to talk. Be different if it was someone aloof like Toy Toni. Real bad taste in the mouth. I said late yesterday this place is like home. It is, but I just walked in on grandad shagging the family dog. I can't unsee that image...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom