Loose Varients Anyone?

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Adam_Burges said:
And finally can I say about "outing" auctions on public boards, IMtech whilst you might think you are helping variation collectors by showing what you have seen on Ebay but it is really frowned upon to "out" auctions on public boards and frustrating for people who are interested in the figures and want to bid. Obviously talk about auctions that have ended or any auctions that people need to be aware of but generally outing is a no no.

its a free country adam and if imtech wants to show us something then its up to him . collecting vintage figures is frustrating especially on ebay, but if someone else outbids you its because you didn't bid high enough :lol:

i know the less people that see something , the less chance you have got of someone who wants it bidding, but thats one of the reasons we all come on this site , to share stuff we see.
i know some of the other star wars sites hold your idea's mate but personally i think they are a bit stuck up and thats why i am on this one
so I want to see things that interest you imtech and long may you post them :wink:

**** do you lot think there is a play-doh collector out there who is super pissed at me :lol: :twisted:

bring him on

Bollux

Grand Master
I agree with Jay, I would like to think that if you guys saw a bargain on here that you werent interested in that you would be good enough to "out" it for the rest of us

spoons

Grand Master
I'm all for outing too, this site is small and fairly friendly for a SW forum. The members here generally don't seem to bid for the same items, but if they did, you only bid what you want to - like Jay says.

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Yeah fair enough free country but there is some etiquette when collecting is concerned the same applies with selling on ebay, things you do not to piss others off. Yeah if he wants to show everyone what great figures he has seen on ebay fair enough but you cant say it wont piss you off if you look on ebay every day for your entire collecting experience without finding what you are looking for and then the day it turns up someone has told the entire community "look at this its great".

Ok if you have friends in the hobby its nice to help them by showing them what they are looking for has finally come up for sale but wouldn't it be nicer to do it in a PM or email, besides outing it on a public board might generate more interest in your friends piece and then he gets outbid on it at the end....some friend you have been, get my point.

If you think I am being stuck up then fine you have your ideas on collecting and helping friends out as do I, as for other boards its your choice where you go etc, I too think there are many people who have views up their ass in the hobby, its just nice to all get along. :p

jayjedi

Sith Lord
Adam_Burges said:
cant say it wont piss you off if you look on ebay every day for your entire collecting experience without finding what you are looking for and then the day it turns up someone has told the entire community "look at this its great".

i think you may have high blood pressure, i reccomend you visit a doctor, get some fresh air and stay off ebay for a few days :p

Adam_Burges said:
Ok if you have friends in the hobby its nice to help them by showing them what they are looking for has finally come up for sale but wouldn't it be nicer to do it in a PM or email, besides outing it on a public board might generate more interest in your friends piece and then he gets outbid on it at the end....some friend you have been, get my point.

we are all friends on here adam, and showing it to only the sad handful that read this forum isn't like taking out a full page spread in collectors weekly , we just have a bit of fun , rip each other about football and girls and look at some of the cool **** we buy on ebay that reminds us of our youth. we are not that serious about it. there are more important things in life

Adam_Burges said:
If you think I am being stuck up then fine you have your ideas on collecting and helping friends out as do I, as for other boards its your choice where you go etc, I too think there are many people who have views up their ass in the hobby :p

well i know one :wink:

Bollux

Grand Master
nice one Jay! :lol:

Its not THAT ****ing serious, ultimately they are just toys that we should have grown out of by now!

Adam_Burges

Padawan
Maybe your right Jay, I am an addict and I do declare it, I got bit by many a star wars collecting bug, I'm sure I squashed a couple in my time as well. I would like to seek help if you know of any good starwarsaholics doctors your way!

The fact that it is a small board and friendly at that is what attracted me to the site, I do like coming here and read up fairly often and like contributing where I can. So sorry If I take it too seriously but I do take the hobby seriously as my damn bank manager would tell you.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I reckon you both got points.

Yeah if I was looking for something and when it came up it got "outed" and I lost I would be gutted (no guarantee I would have won had it not been outed though), but at the same time if I had missed it and someone on here posted it I would be well chuffed (assuming it was posted before it finished).

At the same time this is a small forum and friendly enough. I don't think anyone is gonna snipe anyone else, if something comes up that we know someone is after we wanna help them get it not nab it on them. Also, it's nice to see some of the rare items, especially those that are not in my current focus. Nice to see what's out there.

Personally I'm interested to see what others are collecting and don't mind "outing" if you want to tell us what you are after Adam we can promise not to out any auctions we see that may interest you but to PM instead?

boba frett

Jedi Master
Gee wot a storm in a tea cup!

We've always shown interesting auctions for better or worse on this forum.

I think Adam is a bit pissed because this has raised the prices on some things he was after :roll:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Adam_Burges said:
Craig well done on the figures you won, I saw the Uzay stormtrooper, any other nice pieces you snag?
I'd been after a Uzay Stormtrooper for a while so I was pleased to get a complete one in great condition, even though I overpaid for it but how often do they appear for sale? When they appear on the RS classifieds they are sold before you have a chance to even send a message !!! :twisted:

I was also after the Uzay Vader as I liked the one in your collection but I came second in that one. :cry:

Some prices were getting crazy and I was gutted to missout on a translucent face Luke Bespin and the PBP Walrusman lighter variant (ex baggie). :x

I managed to get a couple of Yoda variants, a raised bar Luke Bespin to upgrade mine and pale face Tri-Logo rebel soldier, again at an inflated price !! :oops: I actually won one of those a few weeks ago from the States which is taking ages to arrive so I thought I had better win another one just incase it's got lost and at least I know I will easily sell the spare one !! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom